What's new

Indian govt. responsible for 30-year war in Sri Lanka - SL Defence Sec.

You asked for both war crimes and genocide. Now sure the word genocide may have not been included in the final draft but that is the issue, aint it? The entire source of the resolution bores out of the genocide charge being levied by the independent groups researching the issue. also it has its bearing from the 2011 UN panel of experts investigating the issue

http://www.un.org/News/dh/infocus/Sri_Lanka/POE_Report_Executive_Summary.pdf

Again factually wrong.. In terms of war crimes no multilateral agency not any state has accused SL of apart from INGO's and a dubious media out let.. They merely askes for a investigation to ALLEGED claims of war crimes..I reiterate A dubious media outlet in Ch 4 and their paid propaganda film made by Callum McCrae who seems to recycle the same footage every time a UNHRC summit comes along.. The UN panel have experts was to advise the UN Gen Sec ..It has no mandate what so ever in the UN itself

These are all mere allegations.. Yet to be proved by any credible source

Ok, I got you!.... War is over... No point in discussing in the past.... Concentrate on future and let SL treat all citizens are equals and provide equal opportunities, No reservation plague which affected/affecting India... Let peace and economy flourish... It will better that SL disassociates itself and concentrate on its improvement alone rather than working with Pakistan or China against India.... Time will solve all sorrows...

Let SL become Singapore of South Asia!

Cant disagree with that.. :tup:

Except as long as Indian coalition govts keeps pandering to extremist separatist elements in it's southern polity detrimental to the territorial integrity of Sri Lanka.. Our authorities will keep taking counter measures with the involvement with who ever it deems necessary be it China, Pakistan, Russia or even the US.. It's a simple case of twice bitten four times shy

Ok, I got you!.... War is over... No point in discussing in the past.... Concentrate on future and let SL treat all citizens are equals and provide equal opportunities, No reservation plague which affected/affecting India... Let peace and economy flourish... It will better that SL disassociates itself and concentrate on its improvement alone rather than working with Pakistan or China against India.... Time will solve all sorrows...

Let SL become Singapore of South Asia!

Except as long as Indian coalition govts keeps pandering to extremist separatist elements in it's southern polity detrimental to the territorial integrity of Sri Lanka.. Our authorities will keep taking counter measures with the involvement with who ever it deems necessary be it China, Pakistan, Russia or even the US.. It's a simple case of twice bitten four times shy

Again factually wrong.. In terms of war crimes no multilateral agency not any state has accused SL of apart from INGO's and a dubious media out let.. They merely askes for a investigation to ALLEGED claims of war crimes..I reiterate A dubious media outlet in Ch 4 and their paid propaganda film made by Callum McCrae who seems to recycle the same footage every time a UNHRC summit comes along.. The UN panel have experts was to advise the UN Gen Sec ..It has no mandate what so ever in the UN itself

These are all mere allegations.. Yet to be proved by any credible source

you are flapping you hands in denial when I have given you the links to the 2011 report AUTHORIZED officially by the UN . If you are a responsible citizen or have interests in seeing Sri Lanka advance then read the report. If you are just being a petulant child with nationalistic pride then yeah continue the denial.

http://www.un.org/News/dh/infocus/Sr...ve_Summary.pdf here is the water- but if you don't drink / read it then the conversation is moot.

If you are incapable of reading it all , then simply read the last but one paragraph on page 3 of that summary report prepared by OFFICIAL UN SANCTIONED EXPERTS!

you are flapping you hands in denial when I have given you the links to the 2011 report AUTHORIZED official by the UN . If you are a responsible citizen or have interests in seeing Sri Lanka advance then read the report. If you are just being a petulant child with nationalistic pride then yeah continue the denial.

http://www.un.org/News/dh/infocus/Sr...ve_Summary.pdf here is the water- but if you don't drink / read it then the conversation is moot.

If you are incapable of reading it all , then simply read the last but one paragraph on page 3 of that summary report prepared by OFFICIAL UN SANCTIONED EXPERTS!

Nope not sanctioned by the UN but appointed by the UN sec Gen for his advise.. It has no mandate in the UNHRC nor the general sessions.. It has no mandate on the security council either. Further more at no point did any of the panellist get first hand information cos they never set foot on the island all mere allegations from undisclosed second hand accounts.. It will not hold water at a mere court leave alone the UN

It was a dirty war fought against a a ruthless enemy that did not adhere to rules of combat.. Shyt happened.. The people of Sri Lanka will address these issues in time to come at their pace.. No matter how much the LTTE diaspora, TN jokers and bloodsucking INGO's jump it will not matter.. People with knowledge knows the agenda and the past affiliations of the likes of Yasmin Sooka and Steve Ratner.. So called experts on the panel..

It was LTTE which wanted a separate country! Not the ordinary Tamils... Still why the Tamil civilians supported LTTE? I am getting an opinion that the Sinhalese still believe that they did Nothing... still the Tamils joined LTTE and attacked SLA!

You contradict your self. If Tamil civilians did not want a war. Why LTTE wanted one? Actually if you want to know why Tamils wanted a separate country in SL you should go back to 1920s.

They have NO choice now.... Sinhalese are the majority... So they should initiate things... If the Sinhalese treated everyone equal... then no one would have took arms... All countries does mistake... The starting point of Pakistani disintegration is the West tried to push Urdu into the Bengali east.... I am glad that India did not fall into that trap!

There were never a choice for Tamils. Sinhalese were the majority and Sinhalese are the majority and Sinhalese will be the majority. What Tamils should do is to accept it and get along with it. Helping to develop the country and derive the benefits out of it.

Sinhalese treated Tamils equally but Sinhalese cannot help if Tamils decided to separate themselves from Sinhalese once they got upper hand in the country under British.

Do not compare Pakistan and Bangladesh. Compare United States of America because it is what mostly resemble the situation in Sri Lanaka.

Sl could have kept English as the medium or made all citizens learn English, Sinagala and Tamil... Nothing wrong in learning another language... I still feel bad that I know only 2 languages! The issue arise when one tries to push something into another!

Why English? It ain't the native language of either ethnic group. If Tamils cannot accept Sinhalese as the national language why they accept English as their national language? Are they British? If English become the national language ain't it become a pushing something into another! kind a situation? I think you have clearly shown the hypocrisy of Tamils. Thank you.

If learning another language is good why not Tamils learn Sinhalese? Are they ashamed of doing it?

Still they lived there for more than a century! They belong there!

What about the consent of Sinhalese in central SL?

There is a difference between ethnics and colonists... India asked Pondichery from the French... The French happily agreed to give it... And I can find many Indian students learning French language and still I find many French Citizens living on Pondicherry!

But according to you it was wrong to take or alter anything that had done by colonizers. Luckily French had agreed to give Pondichery to India. If British agreed to send those Indian Tamils home would that be ok?

Never met one!

Then don't poke your nose into something you do not know.

No not is the Mahavamsa history.. But the factual history

Then please give some credible sources? If you fail to give a source it will seem like you are posting a hypothetical scenario.

Nope not sanctioned by the UN but appointed by the UN sec Gen for his advise.. It has no mandate in the UNHRC nor the general sessions.. It has no mandate on the security council either. Further more at no point did any of the panellist get first hand information cos they never set foot on the island all mere allegations from undisclosed second hand accounts.. It will not hold water at a mere court leave alone the UN

It was a dirty war fought against a a ruthless enemy that did not adhere to rules of combat.. Shyt happened.. The people of Sri Lanka will address these issues in time to come at their pace.. No matter how much the LTTE diaspora, TN jokers and bloodsucking INGO's jump it will not matter.. People with knowledge knows the agenda and the past affiliations of the likes of Yasmin Sooka and Steve Ratner.. So called experts on the panel..

Denial is your game and frankly it serves as a disservice to your nation. UN chief sanctioned reports are official sanctioned by the UN inherently and is done as first step in practically every case. Because there has to be an objective body looking at it vs. some country doing it for them. do you suppose that countries in the UN conduct their own investigation? This was the basis for the 2013 vote albeit watered down. Silly things like " does not mandate" only deters from opening your eyes. I mean -no shyte it does not have mandate, other that to present facts with no bias ( panel of experts) and present it publicly thereafter.

You are supposed to be civilized nation, the LTTE were terrorists but then you stooped to their level. I don't get this false sense of pride . We screwed up big time in Iraq , I as a citizen of the US fully acknowledge that and majority of Americans do so too. It is important we do so, so as to never make those mistakes again. Citizens like me are true patriots vs those who live in denial.

You contradict your self. If Tamil civilians did not want a war. Why LTTE wanted one? Actually if you want to know why Tamils wanted a separate country in SL you should go back to 1920s.

:-) If you treat them well, Why they had supported LTTE in the first place.... Actions of LTTE <> requirements of the people... LTTE became too greedy... And they met their fate. Srilanka did NOT treat the Tamils well, so they took the arms... So goes in vicious circles!

There were never a choice for Tamils. Sinhalese were the majority and Sinhalese are the majority and Sinhalese will be the majority. What Tamils should do is to accept it and get along with it. Helping to develop the country and derive the benefits out of it.

I see a bit of chest thumping here... Anyways I choose NOT to comment on that!

Sinhalese treated Tamils equally but Sinhalese cannot help if Tamils decided to separate themselves from Sinhalese once they got upper hand in the country under British.

Nope that was your imagination... Everything starting with the marginalization of Tamils! For every action there is a equal and opposite reaction.

Do not compare Pakistan and Bangladesh. Compare United States of America because it is what mostly resemble the situation in Sri Lanaka.

Nope that does NOT resemble?? So you mean to say that you will continue to push the Tamils to learn Singala and you will NOT learn Tamil... Till you have this attitude you will be pushed back!!! Atleast if you are NOT willing to learn other language... be open and use translators and don't yours on them unilaterally!!!

FYI In US also they take Spanish as secondary language.... If they buy any computer Products then they can get Spanish language support....

Why English? It ain't the native language of either ethnic group. If Tamils cannot accept Sinhalese as the national language why they accept English as their national language? Are they British? If English become the national language ain't it become a pushing something into another! kind a situation? I think you have clearly shown the hypocrisy of Tamils. Thank you.

It is Mahindra Rajapakse's comments... NOT mine... If you cannot learn Tamil, Then you have NO right to ask the Tamils to learn your Sinagla language.

If learning another language is good why not Tamils learn Sinhalese? Are they ashamed of doing it?

No one is ashamed of it... but everything should bilateral... Tamils will learn Sinhalese, But are you ready to learn Tamil? That is my sole question!

What about the consent of Sinhalese in central SL?

They lived together for centuries... If you ask them to vacate immediately where will they go? Suppose if you live in a place, and if your government asks you vacate that they found Gold or pertol right under place you lived for 1000 years without giving anything, Will it be fair?

But according to you it was wrong to take or alter anything that had done by colonizers. Luckily French had agreed to give Pondichery to India. If British agreed to send those Indian Tamils home would that be ok?

It is neither Indian or SL decision, such a thing never happened... So no point it discussing in that.

Then don't poke your nose into something you do not know.

Look, I treated you with respect till now, You yourself didn't knew about these Vellarar Tamil community and Gibbs was giving you updates... If that being the case, you should NOT have attacked me personally.

Considering your previous replies... I would leave it here... Let us have a healthy discussion rather than chest thumping here!

I find it amazing that people of Indian origin were discriminated and harassed in many countries around the world. Yet India ignored their plight and involved itself in the issue of Tamils in Sri Lanka. Was it simply a case of convenient bullying? I would say so. Hopefully India learnt well from the murder of its PM Rajiv Gandhi to keep its nose out of other nation's domestic squabbles

Look these issues will vanish, if the situation in SL improves and if SL Tamils are happy, they will NOT raise any noise!

If the SL Tamils are happy... Who were the Indian Tamil politicians to raise any issues?

It is simple... Treat everyone equally... All problems will vanish over time... But if SL repeats same mistakes and will NOT change itself then it has to suffer like all the countries in the world!

India has its limitations and it has strengths.... The Chinese, Pakistanis, Russians and Americans will NOT fight your war... Hope the Indian bureaucracy will handle it without any mistakes this time!

Nuke installations? Don't worry too much about it, actually we don't have any issue about India except one state. GOI should pack those TN politicians in a plane send them to SL to show our country. I heard currently some Indian MPs on visit but no Tamil MPs.

Hum... Hum... Chinese are NOT fools to give you advanced weapons without getting any tactical advantage... Hope SL will NOT come in between India-China games!

Not sure how SL politicians will handle this, How Indian engage SL constructively, Have to wait and see.

I find it amazing that people of Indian origin were discriminated and harassed in many countries around the world. Yet India ignored their plight and involved itself in the issue of Tamils in Sri Lanka. Was it simply a case of convenient bullying? I would say so. Hopefully India learnt well from the murder of its PM Rajiv Gandhi to keep its nose out of other nation's domestic squabbles

For one, Indian origin population did not lose its citizenship in other countries unlike in SL in 1948. And India got involved again in 2009 and was instrumental in destroying LTTE after an assurance given by Rajapaksa brothers. So the saga continues.

For one, Indian origin population did not lose its citizenship in other countries unlike in SL in 1948. And India got involved again in 2009 and was instrumental in destroying LTTE after an assurance given by Rajapaksa brothers. So the saga continues.

Wrong. South Africa and Uganda are examples

Wrong. South Africa and Uganda are examples
India broke off diplomatic ties with Burma too. And South Africa and Uganda as well but not with SL when Indian descents were discriminated. Don't you find it amazing as well?

And what you think of 1971 War? Do you think India was right in waging that war?

India broke off diplomatic ties with Burma too. And South Africa and Uganda as well but not with SL when Indian descents were discriminated. Don't you find it amazing as well?

And what you think of 1971 War? Do you think India was right in waging that war?

Yup amazing indeed. The 1971 war was a different story. Refugees were flooding into India when the alleged massacres were happening in then East Pakistan. It was placing a burden on India's resources. It was therefore acceptable for India to get involved there

Yup amazing indeed. The 1971 war was a different story. Refugees were flooding into India when the alleged massacres were happening in then East Pakistan. It was placing a burden on India's resources. It was therefore acceptable for India to get involved there

1983 brought thousands of refugees to TN shores after 1983 July riots killed Tamilians, the same reason why Canada and other European countries has Tamil diaspora. And understand that Indian involvement was to punish SL for her support to Pakistan in 1971 war. And IPKF was sent as a result o Operation Poomalai after SL contemplated offering Trincomalee to US as base. So no altruistic feelings from India.

Back
Top Bottom