What's new

Indian Govt kickstarts work on broadband connectivity to all villages across the country

ToI is becoming what NDTV was for UPA.
NOFN is already in trial at quite a few places.This was delayed because BBNL needs the Right of Way consent from states and as usual states were acting like d!cksheads.The last ROW consent was given in April 2013 while BBNL was set up in 2012.

:Bharat Broadband Network Limited, Government of India

UTL wants BBNL’s entire broadband gear supply order - The Times of India

L1 was given out in Feb/March 2014.All Modi can do make sure the funds are provided on time.

I hope BSNL can get back up again. When Maran was charge it was really good, hell even the customer service was awesome. But after Maran left it kinda went to shit, is now on a loss and they've effectively ahd the same plans from 2006 with no speed/plan updates. While private players have progressed a lot since then Maybe it's an evil plan to push people into private companies :P :P

Thank You Modi Ji :-)
BSNL really suck now i am getting 40-80 kbps download speed on it and paying 1800rs for this SHIT in my town :hitwall: plus it disconnect in every in 5-10 minutes and then connect again :tsk:
WTF man:eek:!You pay 1800 bucks for that shitty service:o:.Here in Kolkata many of us prefer to get our internet connection from the local cable operators and the rent is also very reasonable.For example,my downloading speed is at least 200-400 kbps and i only pay around 400 bucks every month:P.

WTF man:eek:!You pay 1800 bucks for that shitty service:o:.Here in Kolkata many of us prefer to get our internet connection from the local cable operators and the rent is also very reasonable.For example,my downloading speed is at least 200-400 kbps and i only pay around 400 bucks every month:P.

What is your download limit though? You can get a lot of highspeed connections, but......

16 mbps connection. 8gb download limit :lol:

What is your download limit though? You can get a lot of highspeed connections, but......

16 mbps connection. 8gb download limit :lol:
Download limit-UNLIMITED:taz: and sometimes(generally after midnight) i get a download speed of more than 1 mbps:D

WTF man!You pay 1800 bucks for that shitty service.Here in Kolkata many of us prefer to get our internet connection from the local cable operators and the rent is also very reasonable.For example,my downloading speed is at least 200-400 kbps and i only pay around 400 bucks every month.
Kyo maze le raha hai bhai :( Meri condition pehle hi bata chuka hu :cray: Yaha or koi broadband service provider hi nahi hai :hitwall:

Download limit-UNLIMITED:taz: and sometimes(generally after midnight) i get a download speed of more than 1 mbps:D
Unlimited? As in no FUP at all? :O
I pay 2100 for 2mbps and 80gb fup, 512kbps afterwards :( The only reason I stick with this is due to it being a wired bb connection and the routing being good (hence ping is good), the other private players only offer wifi connections here.

There was a pilot programme of 1Gbps internet speed in hyderabad recently last year.
Hope it takes off soon, India bhi kuch South korea se kam nahi hai.

Coming Soon: 1 Gbps Internet speed in India by 2013 : NextBigWhat
Coming Soon: 1 Gbps Internet speed in India by 2013
October 8, 2012 · by Team NextBigWhat · in India Online
Radius Infratel, a telecom infrastructure firm has announced that residential broadband consumers may see downloads get speedier with ultra-fast download speeds reaching 1Gbps by mid 2013.

The Dailybhaskar report quoted Rajnish Wahi, CEO Radius Infratel

“In the next six–nine months, world class 1,000 Mbps or 1Gbps (Gigabits per second) plans will be available in India to residential consumers. On connections like these, the same two hour HD movie will download in 30 seconds. A two-hour movie in high definition version will be about 2.2GB size”.

The company has projected that these new changes may take effect across 9 Indian cities, however it has not disclosed the names of service providers or the cities where the 1Gbps plan may take effect. To enable high-speed broadband services , Radius has partnered with real estate developers such as DLF, Unitech, Emaar MGF, Ansal, Mantri, Vipul, ATS, Omaxe, Vipul, M3M, Paramount and Prateek for fibre optic network. Currently, the Radius Infratel’s service is only available in Delhi NCR, however the network would soon available to Bengaluru, Chennai, Pune, Mumbai and Chandigarh.

Earlier, according to Akami state of the Internet report, sixty countries around the world had broadband adoption levels greater than 10%, while China and India had the lowest levels of adoption among countries on the list, at 3 % and 1.2 % respectively. However, India had the largest improvement in peak connection speeds at 21 % over the first quarter of 2012 , improving its average peak connection speed to 6.9 Mbps.

Isme toh 2013 likha hai fir toh abhi tak aa jana chaiya tha :undecided:
Report me Chandigarh ka bhi naam hai :yahoo:

Back
Top Bottom