What's new

Indian Foreign Affairs News & Discussions (non-US & Pakistan related

Status
Not open for further replies.
your media is no way close to "free press" before you are willing to face the internal contradictions

then show us one that is close to "free press" according to you, so that we can learn from them....cctv maybe?:rofl:

I saw dead bodies left to rot. Slain and nude corpses were so common you become desensitized. Bodies which are left in alleys and dumpsters to rot are common sight. NEVER HAVE I SEEN PUBLIC DISPLAY OF CORPSES AS PREVALENT.
Give me a link to it.
If you cannot then please stop saying such things

Once again someone assumes foreigners don't know what happens in India. India media is highly controlled and censored! Living in India I can testify so many riots, demonstrations, killings don't get reported at all! What is shown in the news in India (TV, newspapers) is almost 100% absent outside of India.

I saw dead bodies left to rot. Slain and nude corpses were so common you become desensitized. Bodies which are left in alleys and dumpsters to rot are common sight. NEVER HAVE I SEEN PUBLIC DISPLAY OF CORPSES AS PREVALENT.

Take this for some thought. The Mumbai Metro consists of burnt trains with NO DOORS. These crowded trains see hundreds of deaths each year in Mumbai/Bumbay alone! Mangled dead and severed human body parts litter the tracks. Because of censorship these and numerous other humanitarian atrocities are censored from world view! :angry: You think I or any foreigner is happy to see or know this??? Absolutely NOT. How much $$$ or time does it take to attach doors to over-crowded fast traveling metro trains??? Is a hundred+ human lives each year worth less than the price of a few doors??? :angry: Whether it is a Chinese or an Indian or a Pakistani or a German or a American or an African --- a life is a life. Don't devalue human life based on sex, religion, age or race! :angry:

Bombay trains are burned? They are ridiculously overcrowded and messy, but I have never seen a burned train on the tracks. Have you ever been to Bombay ?

BTW, you are the one who is devaluing human life. There is a riot on and you use that opportunity to pick up a random fight ?

Give me a link to it.
If you cannot then please stop saying such things

buddy,he already said goi censored all those stuff in the links!!!.....only some super agents can get hold of all these craps!!!.....btw,ignore the troll,he will eat your head otherwise

Bombay trains are burned? They are ridiculously overcrowded and messy, but I have never seen a burned train on the tracks. Have you ever been to Bombay ?

BTW, you are the one who is devaluing human life. There is a riot on and you use that opportunity to pick up a random fight ?

bang on mate........:guns:

I guess it is pretty hard to convince them that Indian Media is not censored.living in denial for them? may be.indian media is strong and it act as one of the core elements in Indian Democracy.It is sad to read the maligning accusations.

Once again someone assumes foreigners don't know what happens in India. India media is highly controlled and censored! Living in India I can testify so many riots, demonstrations, killings don't get reported at all! What is shown in the news in India (TV, newspapers) is almost 100% absent outside of India.

Okkay...so you live in India and you are able to see all the riots, demonstrations etc that dont get reported in Indian media!...Impressive ...but please do let me know how do you manage to keep an eye on entire India sitting at one place? I do it by relying on newspapers, TV, internet etc. But since you do not trust Indian media you must have some special set up of your own to do so?....do share the secret!

Please check your address...are you sure that you dont live in a mortuary...or perhaps in some Kabristan??

Take this for some thought. The Mumbai Metro consists of burnt trains with NO DOORS. These crowded trains see hundreds of deaths each year in Mumbai/Bumbay alone!

haha...no Mumbai trains are not burnt...just not well maintained perhaps...but otherwise....Mumbai suburban railway is overcrowded (which is an understatement) and not exactly a world class system. But things are getting better, soon Mumbai will have its own metro rail...

Some images of Mumbai Local trains
File:Mumbai_Train.JPG

c4f6072b53a4d1c055ef3d7553f01a39.jpg

File:Train_leaving_Churchgate.jpg

Mangled dead and severed human body parts litter the tracks. Because of censorship these and numerous other humanitarian atrocities are censored from world view! :angry:

You give me the shivers ...do you happen to be a script writer of horror flicks (C grade types)? I lived in mumbai for 3 years and travelled by local trains every single day....never saw any "human body parts litter the tracks". A suggestion: since you live in India, why dont you go to mumbai local rail tracks and take some pics of "*******" human bodies on the tracks and put them up here?

As far as media is concerned, the argument does not even begin. I dont claim that Indian media is perfect...its not. But when you compare it with chinese media, at least our media is independent and not state owned. Hell, the chinese govt. even censors the internet (google, youtube etc) and places restrictions on foreign journos....

I do not understand how an event in China turned into an attack on Indian media; however:

Indian media is neither highly controlled nor censored. I worked in Indian media as a journalist for 8 years.

Tell me something, have you heard of (to name a few):

The Kamla story?
The Bofors scandal that destroyed an Indian Prime Minister's reputation?
The Tehelka exposure of the Indian defence procurement process and others?
The Harshad Mehta story?
The Fertilizer scam?

These were breakthrough investigative stories by Indian publications savaging the Indian government. How many instance can you cite of the same investigative reporting in China over the past 50 years?

Media control? Indeed we go the other way, if anything! Have you heard of the Indian news TV channels (and often the sensational bull**** stuff they dish out day by day) criticizing our government, politicians, bureaucrats ? Have you heard of regional language papers such as Navakal that are replicated in every Indian state that are tabloids that thrive on news and gossip?

The problem is that people think - especially some Pakistanis and now some Chinese - that the Indian media is out to 'get' them. Dude, the Indian media is out to get 'anyone'; it doesn't care. It is out to get news - that is all.

There are a lot of things that are wrong with many publications in the /Indian media - sensationalism, incompetence, stupidity - but state control is certainly not one of them!

Where did you see bodies left to rot? Give instances. I'm not saying it did not happen; but you make it sound like there's a dead body left to rot in every street in every city. Make that case.

Take this for some thought. The Mumbai Metro consists of burnt trains with NO DOORS. These crowded trains see hundreds of deaths each year in Mumbai/Bumbay alone! Mangled dead and severed human body parts litter the tracks.

I traveled for four years on the Mumbai train system, from Vashi to Mahim. There were accidents - maybe twice in the trains I was in. But - Human body parts litter the tracks, what like all the time? Are you kidding me?

How much $$$ or time does it take to attach doors to over-crowded fast traveling metro trains??? Is a hundred+ human lives each year worth less than the price of a few doors??? :angry: Whether it is a Chinese or an Indian or a Pakistani or a German or a American or an African --- a life is a life. Don't devalue human life based on sex, religion, age or race! :angry:

I agree with a lot that you have said here. I agree that we Indians tend to devalue human life because of our stunning overpopulation. We are also very sensitive to criticism, unnecessarily so.

But, at the very least, you must make the effort to make your criticism valid.

EyelessInGaza said:
The problem is that people think - especially some Pakistanis and now some Chinese - that the Indian media is out to 'get' them. Dude, the Indian media is out to get 'anyone'; it doesn't care. It is out to get news - that is all.
But ,There is a Common Tendency to Generalize things;Like They Feels India is like Pakistan.well ,no is the answer.India is a democratic and secular Country.

Last edited:
post corrected.

Last edited:
The Chinese probably forbade him to leave Tibet because they did not want him to be influenced by the Dalai Lama. From the Chinese point of view if he had left, then it could have started a chain reaction of an uprising which they did not want. The way I see it the Dalai Lama is China's number One enermy, so obviously they will not want the Ripoche to meet him. If the Chinese wanted to presecute him they would have killed him when they had the chance, so I don't by that Bullshit, of presecution.

Like I said the reason why he wanted to escape was to be instructed in the teachings of Buddhism by his Teachers who reside in India, that is there tradition, in which he felt complied to complete. The link you gave does not say he was presecuted, if he was he would have said as was his chance to gain world attention. Your last sentence my friend does not make sense to me. If a person is saying nothing good and bad about a country then he has nothing against it because he is being neutral. Now the Ripoche came to India, so he had the perfect chance in saying that he was prosecuted, but he did not instead the guy was muttering about a religious pilgrim in gaining knowledge in Buddhism by his Teachers, which he could not achieve in Tibet.

However I did say that it was wrong of the Chinese to forbade him to leave, and yes obviously it must have been embarrasing for the Chinese goverment in the manner he left Tibet. And can you please explain how the PRC choosing is different from Chinese people because effectively they are both the same.

The Chinese probably forbade him to leave Tibet because they did not want him to be influenced by the Dalai Lama. From the Chinese point of view if he had left, then it could have started a chain reaction of an uprising which they did not want. The way I see it the Dalai Lama is China's number One enermy, so obviously they will not want the Ripoche to meet him. If the Chinese wanted to presecute him they would have killed him when they had the chance, so I don't by that Bullshit, of presecution.

Like I said the reason why he wanted to escape was to be instructed in the teachings of Buddhism by his Teachers who reside in India, that is there tradition, in which he felt complied to complete. The link you gave does not say he was presecuted, if he was he would have said as was his chance to gain world attention. Your last sentence my friend does not make sense to me. If a person is saying nothing good and bad about a country then he has nothing against it because he is being neutral. Now the Ripoche came to India, so he had the perfect chance in saying that he was prosecuted, but he did not instead the guy was muttering about a religious pilgrim in gaining knowledge in Buddhism by his Teachers, which he could not achieve in Tibet.

However I did say that it was wrong of the Chinese to forbade him to leave, and yes obviously it must have been embarrasing for the Chinese goverment in the manner he left Tibet. And can you please explain how the PRC choosing is different from Chinese people because effectively they are both the same.

Speaking with forked tongues.... imagine if the persecuted Buddhists, Jains, Sikhs, *******, Christians and Taoists effectively were given the same 'secessionist rights'.... The 3 evils: (1) Terrorism, (2) Separatism, and (3) Extremism harm all of us. Don't those who support separatism, conduct terrorism and practice extremism realize there are people within them that disagree with their actions, and in turn wish to distance themselves and create their own separate autonomous region by any means possible? Don't they realize that such hatred will only create a blowback that will consume them to death??? HATRED will consume them in a endless cycle of vicious suffering. The more you feed it will evil deeds the greater the EVIL KARMA will grow. It will grow and grow until it consumes your own family. Your children will not be able to escape from it. They will suffer for your evil actions. Their children will also suffer. Their grandchildren will also be left with the fruits of your evil deeds.

Thus Karma has this 'equalizing' lasting effect, for it is the nature of Karma to ensure every last drop of blood, every last morsel of hate is returned to the user and his offspring. :devil:

Please desist of the side comments, it's counterproductive.

as a chinese ,i dont know why the peace country could be so cool when peolpe were dying,and we make our best to clam dowm

so ,i think we should be enemy for sure,and if there is a war between china and india,i will support for sure.

i will do everything against india,why???
we didnt show this prejudice when mumbai is in trouble

and you Gabriel ,as a Romania outsider,make me understand indian pride,and i know you r in free world too.

as a chinese ,i dont know why the peace country could be so cool when peolpe were dying,and we make our best to clam dowm

so ,i think we should be enemy for sure,and if there is a war between china and india,i will support for sure.

i will do everything against india,why???
we didnt show this prejudice when mumbai is in trouble

and you Gabriel ,as a Romania outsider,make me understand indian pride,and i know you r in free world too.

Double standards. Double speak. Forked tongues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom