What's new

INDIAN Emergency Services (POLICE, AMBULANCE,FIRE)

One would assume so post-26/11, I'm pretty sure it has become mandatory for all Tier 1 and Tier 2 cities in India.
umm no actually!Kolkata is perhaps the only tier-I city in India which doesn't have a S.W.A.T. or an equivalent force.However we do have a Quick Reaction Force named S.A.F.(Special Action Force) which has a strength of around 800 personnel and they are armed with INSAS and AK-series assault rifles(only recently the Kolkata Police ordered some Mp-5 smgs for S.A.F.).Plus we also have the Kolkata Police Commando,a separate force consisting of around 300 personnel who have got extensive counter-terrorist training from the N.S.G. personnel at Maneswar.

Incredible job @Unknowncommando !!
thanks alot :cheers:
175982162-quick-response-team-of-maharashtra-police-in-gettyimages.jpeg
175982164-quick-response-team-of-maharashtra-police-in-gettyimages.jpeg
175982165-quick-response-team-of-maharashtra-police-in-gettyimages.jpeg

MUMBAI POLICE QRT MOCKDRILL AT MARKET
ct6.jpeg

MOCK_DRILL_AT_DELH_1158537g.jpg

DP
Mock-drill-terrorist-attack.jpeg

mock-security-drill-at-hotel-grand-hyatt-in-92479.jpg

Mumbai+Police+Vehicle_2.jpeg
sidner.mumbai.terror.ready.cnn.416x234.jpg

MUMBAI QRT
teargas.jpeg

Last edited:
umm no actually!Kolkata is perhaps the only tier-I city in India which doesn't have a S.W.A.T. or an equivalent force.However we do have a Quick Reaction Force named S.A.F.(Special Action Force) which has a strength of around 800 personnel and they are armed with INSAS and AK-series assault rifles(only recently the Kolkata Police ordered some Mp-5 smgs for S.A.F.).Plus we also have the Kolkata Police Commando,a separate force consisting of around 300 personnel who have got extensive counter-terrorist training from the N.S.G. personnel at Maneswar.

Do you have any pictures/ articles/ news?

I have seen QRT teams with AKs/ INSAS but did not know they are 800 in number.

mate i read it somewhere that the present strength of S.A.F. is around 800 and that of the Kolkata Police Commandos is around 300.
The QRT teams that you saw were probably members of the S.A.F.(their uniforms were similar to the C.I.S.F. i think).S.A.F. is generally equipped with INSAS and other AK-series assault rifles and carry Browning pistol as their secondary weapon.
OTOH,the primary weapon of the Kolkata Police Commandos is AKM and their uniform is disruptive pattern
r

Kolkata Police Commando
http://www.theprotector.in/kolkata/pdf/The-Kolkata-Protector-April-May-2010.pdf
interesting link about Stephen Court incident emphasizing on the bravery of Kolkata Police Commandos

Vicky,i have at last found a picture of S.A.F.(thanks to @Unknowncommando )
flash-7.jpg

they are permanently stationed along with a Mahindra Marksman in front of the Victoria Memorial.Btw look at their weapons,it's a mix of INSAS assault rifles and LMGs

Vicky,i have at last found a picture of S.A.F.(thanks to @Unknowncommando )
flash-7.jpg

they are permanently stationed along with a Mahindra Marksman in front of the Victoria Memorial.Btw look at their weapons,it's a mix of INSAS assault rifles and LMGs

Yes these were the same guys I had seen in Park Street. They are permanently stationed there too I think.

Back
Top Bottom