How is the plan?

• Good

Votes: 161 61.7%
  • Average

Votes: 53 20.3%
  • Poor

Votes: 47 18.0%

• Total voters
In China, most if not all regions have brilliant infrastructure. The central government in Delhi needs to force development on states. This doesn't seem to be the case in India, where Gujarat and Punjab? I think it was, have by far the best structure and every other state is in a horrible state.

I don't believe that statement is valid.

Tamil Nadu , Andra Pradesh , Kerala and Goa are some very well performing states from the south.

Development is not geographically isolated , it is a matter of politics within each state.

but i agree there needs to be more uniform , but it cant escape the fact that some states are simply more competitive then others.

This is exasperated but the different political situations in each state.

If you heard of the TATA Nano , West Bengal issue . You can understand what i mean.

But the SEZ DMIC and the eastern freight corridor connect lagging states with Progressing one's. That makes them very important..

I don't believe that statement is valid.

Tamil Nadu , Andra Pradesh , Kerala and Goa are some very well performing states from the south.

Development is not geographically isolated , it is a matter of politics within each state.

but i agree there needs to be more uniform , but it cant escape the fact that some states are simply more competitive then others.

This is exasperated but the different political situations in each state.

If you heard of the TATA Nano , West Bengal issue . You can understand what i mean.

But the SEZ DMIC and the eastern freight corridor connect lagging states with Progressing one's. That makes them very important..

well,you are not wrong.Politics within he states does matter and it does afectt the development in that state.
But what I think is even the centre has to take initiatives to drive the overall developement ,espcially about the states which are lagging way behind other oher states..thats why I mentioned N.E states......our Govt. had always neglected these states which resulted in insurgent groups getting more active...we can partly blame the terrain and topography of this region but still our I dont see any major investment in the north east.

Sounds like a gupp :P Lets wait for the details. Some people are definitely going to get very rich.

Wese $72bn doesn't buy you so much in terms of real estate. All of Dubais construction, the Burj Khalifa, the new Malls, the Metro, the new airport - all of that and all the future things planned are supposed to be worth like $400 bn.

If thats where India is blowing their cash they may get one or two town with skycrapers, probably not even as big as Sheikh Zayed Rd of Dubai.

Wese $72bn doesn't buy you so much in terms of real estate. All of Dubais construction, the Burj Khalifa, the new Malls, the Metro, the new airport - all of that and all the future things planned are supposed to be worth like $400 bn.

If thats where India is blowing their cash they may get one or two town with skycrapers, probably not even as big as Sheikh Zayed Rd of Dubai.

This means u have not read the news and not gone through the post.

1. We are not building skyscrapers or dubai.

2. We are building infrastructure for Industrialization of India, for it we are building:

a. We are building industrial estates dedicated to specific goods and services like china.

b. high speed dedicated fright Rail corridors to connects our industriea areas to the ports.

b. expressway to transport raw material and finished goods.

c. airports for connectivity.

d. power plants for electricity

e. The residential townships are there to accommodate the labours and the people working there. It will have schools, colleges, malls and hospitals etc.

It may sound unbelievable as its our biggest project but it is true.

It is not in planning stages the construction has already started.

This means u have not read the news and not gone through the post.

1. We are not building skyscrapers or dubai.

2. We are building infrastructure for Industrialization of India, for it we are building:

a. We are building industrial estates dedicated to specific goods and services like china.

b. high speed dedicated fright Rail corridors to connects our industriea areas to the ports.

b. expressway to transport raw material and finished goods.

c. airports for connectivity.

d. power plants for electricity

e. The residential townships are there to accommodate the labours and the people working there. It will have schools, colleges, malls and hospitals etc.

It may sound unbelievable as its our biggest project but it is true.

It is not in planning stages the construction has already started.
Sounds like real estate to me. Even Dubai built all the side attractions, Dubai itself is a small city. I think the development would be of lesser standard than of Dubai's then.

Dubai has Industrial areas as well all hooked up with the metro and townships surrounding them. The figure amount is quite less especially when you factor in Abu Dhabi's investments as well.

In all probability with this corridor talk there will be one nice looking town built up with all the amneties and skyscrapers.

Sounds like real estate to me. Even Dubai built all the side attractions, Dubai itself is a small city. I think the development would be of lesser standard than of Dubai's then.

Dubai has Industrial areas as well all hooked up with the metro and townships surrounding them. The figure amount is quite less especially when you factor in Abu Dhabi's investments as well.

In all probability with this corridor talk there will be one nice looking town built up with all the amneties and skyscrapers.

if as u say is right then at least we r trying to catch up them ...tell me about u ...:flame::flame:

Asim, as Doom said, just go through the post no. 1. u'll understand the project its not what u r thinking.

Still, you are not getting it.

Its not limited to small region like Dubai it will spead over the seven states of Delhi, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh and Maharashtra.

We are not building a city

1. Also, do the Dubai has unlimited cheap labor like India????????

2. Do Dubai has raw material like coal, iron & steel, cotton etc. etc. like India????????

What we have got is raw materiel and cheap labor we are just building factories to utilize it and infrastructure to transport it to the world like chinese have done.

You seem to be obsessed with skyscrapers. Well they are not the scale to measure the development of an area.

And India is not Dubai. Nor in anyway it aims to become one.

May be this will help you understand:

Considering the average wage and the resulting PPP, the $90B amount to be invested in India will be of greater value than that $400B you mentioned in your previous post.

India does not intend to build skyscrapers because, unlike Dubai, India does not depend on tourism for its earnings.

Development pertains to better infrastructures, availability of basic amenities, educational institutions, diverse organizations offering diverse job opportunities, and an easily accessible market; so these are the aspects where the major part of the investment will go. Not to any skyscrapers if they are not required.

In India, if you build a market anywhere, zillions of people will come there from all corners of the country to invest their money, so it won't be long before this $90B investment ends up in building townships worth way over $300B.

Finally, India will never try to create a Dubai because already the major economic activities have been taking place in overcrowded cities like Delhi, Bangalore, Bombay etc. The main aim of this corridor is to shift such concentration of economic activities from a few major cities to the smaller unexplored towns. Building a city like Dubai would defeat the purpose.

So please understand, infrastructure does not necessarily mean skyscrapers. During the BJP rule, the govt. invested $50B (Today's prices) in building nothing but roads, famously known as the golden quadrilateral. Not a single skyscrapers was built, but these world class highways cater to over 40% of the road traffic in India.

Sorry to disappoint you man, even if you invest a trillion, you won't see no Dubai here.

You are getting it wrong my brother. DMIC is just a corridor where 90 billion $ will be invested. It is basically a freight corridor with ad-ons like towns and industrial zones.

There are 100s of special economic zones and corridors being constructed and planned all across india with total expected investment of over 400-600 bn $ in the next 10 years.

This was the SEZ scene 2 years ago. Just to give you a fair idea of what is going on.

Last edited:

No it is not real estate, while framing the SEZ law the GoI was very clear to not let this be one and they have counter checks in the law, mind you when the SEZ law was being framed and allocations of SEZs was being made, initially it was being suspected to become a back door entry to make it into a real estate project, but it has been taken care off. if I recall well the communists had made a huge hue and cry about it and they made sure all their concerns were looked into and this happened when they were a part of previous government, along with that there will be no industries set up on agriculture and fertile land.

Probably you did not read the posts made by doom, let me quote the minister of commerce anand sharma for you, the target set for 2018.

Once the project is completed, it would generate huge employment opportunities, double India’s industrial production and quadruple exports, the minister said.

The attempt as I said in my previous post is to bring about an industrial revolution in India which spreads across the states, where states start competing with in themselves as they are presently for FDI and there are three industrial corridors that are being worked upon right now that I am aware of.

1 delhi-mumbai industrial corridor. Somewhere around 1,500kms, Investment 90b usd.
2 ludhiana-kolkatta industrial corridor. Somewhere around 1,900kms, Investment 60b usd.
3 bangalore-chinnai industrial corridor, which could later on be extended to hyderabad. Distance covered not aware, Investment to be made, not aware.

I am not sure I can give other forum links here, but if it is permissible then here I am sharing certain very informative threads on skyscraper.

Delhi-mumbai - Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor | App - SkyscraperCity
Ludhiana-kolkatta - Ludhiana-Delhi-Kolkata Industrial Corridor | App - SkyscraperCity
Chennai-bangalore - Chennai-Bangalore Industrial Corridor | Pro - SkyscraperCity

This whole thing is a part of vision of PM manmohan singh to transform India into a “manufacturing hub”, I recall when he first used that statement way back in 2006 a lot of people said it wont happen and laughed it off and since then look at the industrial production numbers QoQ/YoY (for the last 3 months the iip growth rate numbers are between 14%-17%) and export numbers achieved. India back then was only looked as a service based industry but today look at the way perceptions have changed amongst the participants at WEF davos about India as a possible manufacturing base. Take a very fine example of auto industry and compare our exports in 2006 to 2009, you will see a huge surge, same goes for consumer durables. And our policy makes understand that manufacturing is the way forward because no other sector/industry provides as many jobs in abundance as this sector/industry to semi skilled people and so it is a necessity for us.

Along with this the ministry of railways has a vision 2020 which amongst other things also focuses on dedicated freight corridors, the construction of which has already started between delhi-mumbai, and the other two lines will also happen as a part of this vision.

$ 13.5 billion at a time... bravo Rajaji!!!! Some extra money for the Swiss bank.......... Great...... well done leaders........ ek jhatka mee 60000 crore... :lol:

IN29_RAJA_111566e.jpg

Telecom Minister Raja allegedly involved in 2G-spectrum scandal

Raja won't resign over alleged telecom scam: Karunanidhi

2G spectrum scam: A Raja to make a statement in Rajya Sabha - Yahoo! India News

SHAMK9

Everybody in the Neigherbourhood should give a crap.

India which is stil a poor country is giving its smaller neighbours a hard time today with 30% below poverty line and only $1.2 trillion GDP,..

Just imagine how cocky they will be in 10 years time with a GDP of $3trillion.

They will cause trouble with the shear FINANCIAL MUSCLE

Back
Top Bottom