How is the plan?

• Good

Votes: 161 61.7%
  • Average

Votes: 53 20.3%
  • Poor

Votes: 47 18.0%

• Total voters
I see you are feeling left out that India doesnt compare to you. And in your dimwits you fail to understand why we compare to China and not US.

BECAUSE US, EUROPE ARE DEVELOPED COUNTRIES. CHINA IS A DEVELOPING COUNTRY.
AND SINCE INDIA IS A DEVELOPING COUNTRY WE COMPARE TO DEVELOPING COUNTRIES THAT ARE COMPARABLE TO OURS.

Now I hope that aint Ph.d?

Is this what you call sticking to the topic???:woot: Seriously you have little to contribute with your knowledge of economics than in derailing this thread. :wave:

Pakistan, Mexico, Indonesia, Brazil, Russia are all large developing economies (well large enough) but they compare to see how they can improve, rather than putting out an air of jealousy. :) And no, India is about as comparable to China as Sri Lank is to India.

A more pertinent question is how can we sustain this development. This economic downturn can be turned into an advantage if we use it. For starters cost of doing business is cheaper. Secondly, out of work persons can use this time to focus on R&D. Lastly, now is an optimal time to build relationships and gather with like-minded folks.

Last edited:
Pakistan, Mexico, Indonesia, Brazil, Russia are all large developing economies (well large enough) but they compare to see how they can improve, rather than putting out an air of jealousy. :)

Brazil, Russia, Mexico: Yes
Pakistan: No

Large is a relative term. Pakistan may be large when looked absolutely. But they are not when looked relatively.

List of countries by GDP (real) growth rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If youve heard of the BRIC. It is a group of what GoldMan Sacchs predicts will own 85% of world economy by 2050.

Large is a relative term. Pakistan may be large when looked absolutely. But they are not when looked relatively.

If youve heard of the BRIC. It is a group of what GoldMan Sacchs predicts will own 85% of world economy by 2050.

Constant stroking can get a man to get a hard-on. :cheesy: These Banksters will say whatever to get what they want. Be careful when making deals with the devil. :cheers: Good Luck!

Hahaha again funny.
That list is done in a descending order only exception is India. It is put in 17th position even though other countries with higher growth was placed below India.
Another Indian tampering???
I doubt India's GDP grew more than 6% last year anyways.

and you look like a clown stranded in the middle of a road with a begging placard and the top portion blown off .. no wonder you passed that unwarranted statement on this forum.. :tsk:

I do apologize; I entered this thread with the intention of learning more about the health of the Indian economy. But instead I discovered the following pearls of wisdom from world travelled PDF members. Please do commit them to memory you may use it to impress your boss, friends, colleagues and family.

"..China alone has more development and construction that the ENTIRE EU + USA + JAPAN + KOREA IN THE LAST 100 YEARS put together!!! I've been all over the world, and Dubai is NOTHING compared to even a SMALL TINY CITY in China....."

"..the USA and Europe's economy is a "bubble economy", in that I mean EVERYTHING IS HYPED AND ARTIFICIALLY INFLATED. If you want actual GDP, China is larger than USA by a significant amount..."

"...Indians love the west and the zionists so dont be too surprised if western media glorifies India....Indians are very good at kissing up to the westerners."

"...In America most people are not very happy "

"India never invaded any country in her last 10000 years of history."

"India is one of the few countries in the World, which gained independence without violence."

"India is the world's largest, oldest, continuous civilization."

I do apologize; I entered this thread with the intention of learning more about the health of the Indian economy. But instead I discovered the following pearls of wisdom from world travelled PDF members. Please do commit them to memory you may use it to impress your boss, friends, colleagues and family.

"..China alone has more development and construction that the ENTIRE EU + USA + JAPAN + KOREA IN THE LAST 100 YEARS put together!!! I've been all over the world, and Dubai is NOTHING compared to even a SMALL TINY CITY in China....."

"..the USA and Europe's economy is a "bubble economy", in that I mean EVERYTHING IS HYPED AND ARTIFICIALLY INFLATED. If you want actual GDP, China is larger than USA by a significant amount..."

"...Indians love the west and the zionists so dont be too surprised if western media glorifies India....Indians are very good at kissing up to the westerners."

"...In America most people are not very happy "

"India is one of the few countries in the World, which gained independence without violence."

Oui Oui Oui :smitten:

How's the rioting going for ya?

Battle of Lahore, September 6, 1965. India invaded Lahore, Pakistan then invaded Sialkot, Pakistan.
India again invaded East Pakistan (now Bangladesh) in 1971.

Partition was one of the most violent events that ever took place in human history that left over a million people killed. Even before partition, Muslims and Hindus/Sikhs were killing each other when there were talks of a new state, Pakistan emerging. Punjab saw the most violence than any other place in South Asia, even before both Pakistan and India got their independence from the British in 1947.

Indians claim the Indus Valley Civilization is theirs. There's many threads about this topic in other parts of this forum discussing the IVC. Well the IVC covered all of present day Pakistan, parts of present day India, parts of present day Afghanistan, and even parts of present day Iran, and India never existed back then.

Indus Valley Civilization - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

@Omar1984

I know Omar, sigh! I grow tired of über nationalism. On a side note, it is ironic that you and Communist two of the most vocal detractors of India are actually helping the Indians with your vehement critiquing (something for you to think about).

This thread is about everything except India's economy, do change the title so that it reflects the true nature of the thread, i.e BS.

how the hell u forgot Dr manmohan singh. he was the one who saved india in 1992 otherwise india would have been sold to bank of england.

i guess india can't stay aloof from this crisis

Tata Motors posts FY09 consolidated loss of Rs 25.05 bn on JLR

Tata Motors, India`s leading automobile company, announced a consolidated loss of Rs 25.05 billion during the financial year 2008-09 as the global slowdown has taken its toll on auto manufacturers globally. During the financial year 2007-08, it has reported a profit after tax (PAT) of Rs 21.68 billion.

The company has reported consolidated revenue of Rs 709.39 billion in 2008-09. The consolidated financial performance of the company is not comparable to 2007-08 on account of the acquisition of Jaguar Land Rover in June 2008. In 2007-08, the consolidated gross revenue was Rs 356.60 billion.

Global meltdown especially after July 2008 with vehicle financing and demand drying up impacted the auto industry worldwide, including Jaguar Land Rover, which the company acquired in June 2008. In 2008 therefore, Land Rover sales fell considerably. However, Jaguar was able to maintain the sales level primarily on the back of a very strong consumer response to the newly launched XF sedan, it said.

The company has actively responded to this changed situation by taking a number of urgent and long term measures. These include cutting costs drastically and working on a plan of substantial cost reduction, aligning production with demand and tight control over cash flows. In addition, it has introduced successfully new variants on both Jaguar and Land Rover brands, and is to unveil the all new XJ sedan shortly, it said.

Shares of the company gained Rs 7, or 2.37%, to settle at Rs 302. The total volume of shares traded was 36 at the BSE (Friday).

Where did you think India is .. on the moon ?

Obviously we too are affected by the global crisis. TATA and similar companies are feling the heat due to thier overseas assets.

However, other than IT related industries things are not so bad in India thanks to the enormous domestic market.

Back
Top Bottom