What's new

Indian democracy loses to Chinese efficiency - by 160 votes

A chinese one party system is indeed more efficient than Indian democracy,but remeber all the major developed nations are democratic.Democracy takes time but in time it will enstrength itself.I will have power and prosperity for the people any day rather than have all power and prosperity in for the government

A chinese one party system is indeed more efficient than Indian democracy,but remeber all the major developed nations are democratic.

Singapore is not democratic, neither was South Korea, Japan and Taiwan. They only became democratic after they developed. Singapore is still authoritarian.

A chinese one party system is indeed more efficient than Indian democracy,but remeber all the major developed nations are democratic.Democracy takes time but in time it will enstrength itself.I will have power and prosperity for the people any day rather than have all power and prosperity in for the government

This thread has been dead quite for sometime ,its better it remains that way.

Hi all,

This is my first post on PDF, firstly I would like to congratulate PDF and its member for being an excellent forum and absolutely top class in information dispersion.

I have been lurking on the forum for over 6 months and have finally decided to join group. I have noticed that there is a lot of need of confidence building among all. Indians, Pakistanis, Chinese ane every one else trying to be one up against the other.
I am an Indian Muslim reciding in Kuwait. and I am very happy and proud of being an Indian but a word of advice for my fellow citizens. guys I really think we talk too much and get offended pretty soon, people point out poverty and corruption cause it is there so rather than defending it with some obnoxious justification we should accept and move on. India has risen well and will continue to, and IA it will be one day what we all want it to be.

Now back to the topic

I for one truly believe that this century definitely belongs to Asia,
China is in doubt going to be the next super power, whatever the system they follow it suits them and the results show they are doing something right which is making all this happen, we need to learn this phenomenan. I am not suggesting that Indian system is bad but there is something a miss, a bit more chaotic and unstructured.
No country as size of India developed under democracy they all were well developed when they turned towards democracy, so we are setting an example and hopefully it will be a success story, but just by saying that being chaotic is Indian way is what I object to, it is a wrong way and no justification can make it right. Democracy is the best and ideal way but we need to make it more structured and organised, all this self praise for our way has cost us precious time in this devlopment.

Also importantly
India's growth story comes from its people and not by government, infact govt acts make it much more difficult for people. So when India grows its people are the ones who have helped it and there is much more stability despite whateva happens with its systems. Chinese growth story on the other hand is by its govt. so when the system changes ( I am sure it will not for a foreseeable future but just for a situation) I believe it will be difficult for Chinese to adapt, however China is for sure is going to succeed in long run and so will India.

We have waited for years and been in poverty for years and surely can wait for another 50- 60 years to acheive development but getting that development sooner by giving up feedom is a bad deal.

Sorry for the long post as it was my first and in future will keep it precise. and also apologies in advance for any one offended.

Hope to have a very good and informative stay at PDF

Thanks & Regards

Hi all,

This is my first post on PDF, firstly I would like to congratulate PDF and its member for being an excellent forum and absolutely top class in information dispersion.

I have been lurking on the forum for over 6 months and have finally decided to join group. I have noticed that there is a lot of need of confidence building among all. Indians, Pakistanis, Chinese ane every one else trying to be one up against the other.
I am an Indian Muslim reciding in Kuwait. and I am very happy and proud of being an Indian but a word of advice for my fellow citizens. guys I really think we talk too much and get offended pretty soon, people point out poverty and corruption cause it is there so rather than defending it with some obnoxious justification we should accept and move on. India has risen well and will continue to, and IA it will be one day what we all want it to be.

Now back to the topic

I for one truly believe that this century definitely belongs to Asia,
China is in doubt going to be the next super power, whatever the system they follow it suits them and the results show they are doing something right which is making all this happen, we need to learn this phenomenan. I am not suggesting that Indian system is bad but there is something a miss, a bit more chaotic and unstructured.
No country as size of India developed under democracy they all were well developed when they turned towards democracy, so we are setting an example and hopefully it will be a success story, but just by saying that being chaotic is Indian way is what I object to, it is a wrong way and no justification can make it right. Democracy is the best and ideal way but we need to make it more structured and organised, all this self praise for our way has cost us precious time in this devlopment.

Also importantly
India's growth story comes from its people and not by government, infact govt acts make it much more difficult for people. So when India grows its people are the ones who have helped it and there is much more stability despite whateva happens with its systems. Chinese growth story on the other hand is by its govt. so when the system changes ( I am sure it will not for a foreseeable future but just for a situation) I believe it will be difficult for Chinese to adapt, however China is for sure is going to succeed in long run and so will India.

We have waited for years and been in poverty for years and surely can wait for another 50- 60 years to acheive development but getting that development sooner by giving up feedom is a bad deal.

Sorry for the long post as it was my first and in future will keep it precise. and also apologies in advance for any one offended.

Hope to have a very good and informative stay at PDF

Thanks & Regards

Now you mention it, South Korea and Taiwan's transition to democracy was not messy at all. The governments were the ones that were largely responsible for the development. The mess actually came mostly after they were democratic. Democracy actually brought a lot of entertainments into politics(especially true for Taiwan), but the economical growth went downhill from there.

[URL="http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=6658794n"]http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=6658794n[/URL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Now you mention it, South Korea and Taiwan's transition to democracy was not messy at all. The governments were the ones that were largely responsible for the development. The mess actually came mostly after they were democratic. Democracy actually brought a lot of entertainments into politics(especially true for Taiwan), but the economical growth went downhill from there.

YouTube - ‪Taiwanese Legislature Fight 3‬‎

Fight Breaks Out in Taiwan's Parliament - CBS News Video

I am asking this question out of curiosity,do you chinese people actually wish yo remain governed by one party or would you like to shift to democracy

I am asking this question out of curiosity,do you chinese people actually wish remain governed by one party or would you like to shift to democracy

Whatever it works for China... Right now, most people agree that one party system works the best for current situation as comparing to being a messy democratic system.

First step is to be democratic within the party, which is what China is doing right now. Universal democracy or mob rule is never a good idea.

Whatever it works for China... Right now, most people agree that one party system works the best for current situation as comparing to being a messy democratic system.

First step is to be democratic within the party, which is what China is doing right now. Universal democracy is not a very good idea.

Thank you,just wanted to understand your citizens line of thought thats all

democracy within the party is important but we already have that being implemented. what we need is not excessive democracy but better accountants to track all the corruption. the power to vote is worthless if all it means is switching 1 robber for another robber. almost every village has a voting system in place, it doesn't change much.

i suspect what india needs too, is better accountants and not more democracy.

democracy within the party is important but we already have that being implemented. what we need is not excessive democracy but better accountants to track all the corruption. the power to vote is worthless if all it means is switching 1 robber for another robber. almost every village has a voting system in place, it doesn't change much.

i suspect what india needs too, is better accountants and not more democracy.

One thing the party needs to change is its paranoia mentality, and an independent jurisdictional institution.

The voting system in the village is exactly the reason why democracy would not work in China.

as far as corruption goes, the media in india is fairly hawkish and serious corruption charges against politicians lead to immediate resignation. however, the public isn't smart enough yet for corruption to lead to career failure for a politician in most cases.

checking corruption in the executive bureaucracy is much harder for citizens as most of these go under the media radar and there are rarely any severe consequences for petty or small scale corruption. most of the large impact bureaucratic corruption is settled in a dirty way too, though generally in the media eye.

though i should caution there is no "party". the "party" is 70 million people, bigger than the population of iran, is there a single "iranian" mentality?

my cousin is a party member, he works on a computer assembly line making 3000 per month. 90% of party members have no power at all. one corrupt official steps on the heads of 10 clean ones or powerless party members to get there.

even so, because of the vast amount of officials in china, there's still too much corruption.

how the government actually works and how to get promoted, it's very complex. you can't just be a party member, that alone is worthless. you have to work in an actual government job (and not at a state owned enterprise or even finance, it has to be in administration) and through a combination of technical skill, charisma and backdoor deals, claw your way up slowly.

even most government officials don't know exactly how to get promoted. its a combination of higher level voting, personal ability, connections, money and public opinion. this is why americans just call it authoritarian, since they don't care about the real factors involved.

I am asking this question out of curiosity,do you chinese people actually wish yo remain governed by one party or would you like to shift to democracy

I would prefer NOT to shift to a true democracy. The right to rule should be earned by MERIT (hard work) not by winning popularity contests or having the ability to raise funds.

The only changes I wish to see is further screening of candidates along with restrictions. Like only 1 member of any family can be in the CCP, background checks for all promising applicants along with background checks on all family members and friends of the applicant. And mandatory lie detector testing for every promising applicant along with every family member.

Being a government official should be JUST as difficult as getting a job in the CIA.

though i should caution there is no "party". the "party" is 70 million people, bigger than the population of iran, is there a single "iranian" mentality?

my cousin is a party member, he works on a computer assembly line making 3000 per month. 90% of party members have no power at all. one corrupt official steps on the heads of 10 clean ones or powerless party members to get there.

even so, because of the vast amount of officials in china, there's still too much corruption.

how the government actually works and how to get promoted, it's very complex. you can't just be a party member, that alone is worthless. you have to work in an actual government job (and not at a state owned enterprise or even finance, it has to be in administration) and through a combination of technical skill, charisma and backdoor deals, claw your way up slowly.

even most government officials don't know exactly how to get promoted. its a combination of higher level voting, personal ability, connections, money and public opinion. this is why americans just call it authoritarian, since they don't care about the real factors involved.

sounds like one giant corporation to me :) only that the CEO can execute the workers if they rebel :lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom