What's new

Indian defence minister draws line at 36 Rafales

Lame excuse.

If India cannot afford 126 aircraft why did they then float a tender in the first place? India is the only country in the world that has such a pathetic and lethargic defense acquisition process. 5 years are taken to decide whether any armed service needs a product or not, another 5 years is wasted when white elephants like DRDO and other PSUs start yapping that they can make an "indigenous" version of the one that India is planning to import, another 10 years will go in DRDO+PSUs in wasting public money on failed trials, then wait for another 5+5 years as India floats a tender and starts trials. By the time India finally inducts the product it is time to retire it.

Think I am exaggerating? Look at the state of Indian tube artillery. The last gun was imported ~1987.
One possible theory says......it was to keep the French at bay and stop them from selling hardware to enemy countries..... it paid of well that way.....

I don't know why some Indians thought they would "scare" China with a few Western made fighter jets.

Stronger domestic production is much more scary than that, since domestic platforms can be produced in essentially endless numbers barring resource constraints.
+ Quantity has a quality of its own

Lame excuse.

If India cannot afford 126 aircraft why did they then float a tender in the first place? India is the only country in the world that has such a pathetic and lethargic defense acquisition process. 5 years are taken to decide whether any armed service needs a product or not, another 5 years is wasted when white elephants like DRDO and other PSUs start yapping that they can make an "indigenous" version of the one that India is planning to import, another 10 years will go in DRDO+PSUs in wasting public money on failed trials, then wait for another 5+5 years as India floats a tender and starts trials. By the time India finally inducts the product it is time to retire it.

Think I am exaggerating? Look at the state of Indian tube artillery. The last gun was imported ~1987.
India knows its inferiorty and superiorty of PAF f-16 we know there 67 f-16 will be enough to wipe put all 200 MKI 68 mig 29 and mirage-200O all together

We seen superior skills of their pilots we know any pilot flying jf-17 can takeout 3-4 mki at once and shoot it down in A2A engagements.we know we don't have money to train our pilot's which low graded compared to best of the best PAF pilots.india cannot have funds even to fly all mki at once we are cash strapped in front Super rich Pakistan.

I don't know why some Indians thought they would "scare" China with a few Western made fighter jets.

126 Rafales IF they had been acquired would have been a PLAAF nightmare. PLAAF has nothing its inventory to counter Rafales and 126 ones at that. The good or bad thing about India is that the PSUs cannot come up with anything of their own so they always insist on transfer-of-technology. Spare parts would have been license manufactured.

But 36 Rafales are a face-saving gesture and waste of money. Dassault must be fuming in anger while SAAB, Lockheed Martin etc. must be rolling in laughter at Dassault.

One possible theory says.....

Yea, theory and how is that theory supposed to be true? How does cancelling 126 planes and buying 36 stop France from selling to other countries? LOL!!

India knows its inferiorty and superiorty of PAF f-16 we know there 67 f-16 will be enough to wipe put all 200 MKI 68 mig 29 and mirage-200O all together

And what about PLAAF that can throw in 3 aircraft for every IAF jet?

126 Rafales IF they had been acquired would have been a PLAAF nightmare. PLAAF has nothing its inventory to counter Rafales and 126 ones at that. The good or bad thing about India is that the PSUs cannot come up with anything of their own so they always insist on transfer-of-technology. Spare parts would have been license manufactured.

But 36 Rafales are a face-saving gesture and waste of money. Dassault must be fuming in anger while SAAB, Lockheed Martin etc. must be rolling in laughter at Dassault.

Yea, theory and how is that theory supposed to be true? How does cancelling 126 planes and buying 36 stop France from selling to other countries? LOL!!

It stopped them for the past 15 years.....
be it submarines or avionics suites or missiles like mica and what not....

PLAAf has home grown aviation industries they already manufactured over 300 hundred j-10 series fighter's and more in coming years and they are improving technology with each block.better we should do same

@Chinese dragon is practicality right the homegrown industries are always better option

Isn't that obvious? The whole MMRCA was a fiasco for India. So much noise and fan fare and ultimately India settles for a 3rd generation obsolete aircraft over a proven battle tested 4.5 gen aircraft.

P.S. - Where are those Indian keyboard military experts who were predicting India will have 100+ Rafales?

You really must be a Pakistani or Chinese. Says the Indians. LOL

Not every Indian, just the stupid little keyboard fanatics who live in their fantasy world and fail to address reality.

I speak the truth as it is, if I find anything negative about India I will mention it in the same manner as I will not hesitate to point out the mistakes of China and Pakistan.

PLAAf has home grown aviation industries they already manufactured over 300 hundred j-10 series fighter's and more in coming years and they are improving technology with each block.better we should do same

@Chinese dragon is practicality right the homegrown industries are always better option

Yes he is right, what he did not mention is that China is not burdened with a white elephant like DRDO that routinely fails to come up with any sensible product. He also did not mention that China has better industrial muscle, infrastructure and also GDP and higher defence budget.

In short going desi is a good thing but at present India simply cannot afford to. India needs to have a infra in place first and for the love of God they need to permanently shut down failures like DRDO and other PSUs who only guzzle public tax money.

Not every Indian, just the stupid little keyboard fanatics who live in their fantasy world and fail to address reality.

I speak the truth as it is, if I find anything negative about India I will mention it in the same manner as I will not hesitate to point out the mistakes of China and Pakistan.
You speak what you think is correct....it doesn't has to be truth always

As far as luca is concerned,even the Chinese believe that he is one of them but unfortunately he is a troll who takes a dump whenever he sees anything with an Indian tag on it

It stopped them for the past 15 years.....
be it submarines or avionics suites or missiles like mica and what not....

Did the world end in 15 years?

Now if Pakistan wants to buy more Agosta submarines or other French weaponry what is India supposed to do, float tenders for 1000 LeClerc tanks and later cancel them after 15-20 years of negotiation?

And do you think France or any other country will take Indian orders seriously in future? India might float a 25 billion dollar tender, but France will say "Oh wait, we remember what happened last time. Stay away."

Forget conspiracy theories, what about the rapidly declining IAF squadron numbers which Rafale was supposed to replace. Will the mighty DRDO+HAL now produce paper planes with needles attached to it?

You speak what you think is correct....it doesn't has to be truth always

LOL!! This coming from a boy who thinks MMRCA was an Indian conspiracy to stop France from selling weapons to India's enemies. :omghaha:

Yes he is right, what he did not mention is that China is not burdened with a white elephant like DRDO that routinely fails to come up with any sensible product. He also did not mention that China has better industrial muscle, infrastructure and also GDP and higher defence budget.

In short going desi is a good thing but at present India simply cannot afford to. India needs to have a infra in place first and for the love of God they need to permanently shut down failures like DRDO and other PSUs who only guzzle public tax money.
Drdo Is guzzle public money yes
Wonder when they will make missiles like beauty shaheen series of Pakistan
And
Aur Aesa RADARS :( :( or awacs or nuclear submarine:( :(

Drdo Is guzzle public money yes
Wonder when they will make missiles like beauty shaheen series of Pakistan
And
Aur Aesa RADARS :(:( or awacs or nuclear submarine:(:(

I salute your optimism if you think DRDO on its own can build even a decent assault rifle. Never mind hi-tech stuff like AESA radar, AWACS or nuclear submarine. At every corner you will find Russian, Israeli, French, Brazilian hand holding the finger of DRDO and helping them to cross the road.

What DRDO does is doing screw driver job, not research and innovation. In case you did not notice the best minds in India settle in US, Europe etc. Ever heard of an IIT topper joining DRDO? He/she would rather go to US and join Microsoft in exchange for a 6 figure salary.

When you grow a little older and look at things in a mature and objective manner you will understand it yourself.

Did the world end in 15 years?

Now if Pakistan wants to buy more Agosta submarines or other French weaponry what is India supposed to do, float tenders for 1000 LeClerc tanks and later cancel them after 15-20 years of negotiation?

And do you think France or any other country will take Indian orders seriously in future? India might float a 25 billion dollar tender, but France will say "Oh wait, we remember what happened last time. Stay away."

Forget conspiracy theories, what about the rapidly declining IAF squadron numbers which Rafale was supposed to replace. Will the mighty DRDO+HAL now produce paper planes with needles attached to it?

LOL!! This coming from a boy who thinks MMRCA was an Indian conspiracy to stop France from selling weapons to India's enemies. :omghaha:
France soon sell super rich Pakistan 100O leclerc tanks and all transfer secret of all 6 scorpion submarine with AIP and about m2k upgrade.just piss india off and end all its business relationship with us just to offer its concerns for its beloved Islamic nation Pakistan:confused::(:(

so how many LCAs india going to Manufacture ? over 200 ? or 148 something ?

(respect my Buddy for Accepting Reality like a Man :) )

well, India is going g to Manufacture over 200 Tejas Fighter Aircrafts. and we are going to Supply them F404 and F414 engines. look like we won Again :lol:
General Electric F404 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

can you tell me Real Prize of one F404/414 engine ? :)

so how many LCAs india going to Manufacture ? over 200 ? or 148 something ?

(respect my Buddy for Accepting Reality like a Man :) )

If God is kind then India will not buy/manufacture more than 36 LCA. That aircraft is a joke, a relic and everything that can be wrong in a modern 21st century aircraft.

But the keyboard experts here believe LCA is a superb aircraft and I think 100+ is a reasonable number IF the IAF inducts those worthless junk.

Hate to say this but IAF will again have to turn to good old Russia for help.

Back
Top Bottom