What's new

Indian Defence Budget : How is spent? in Detail?

MMG

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
India
I want to know how exactly over budget is spent?

Are there any year end audits as how and where exactly money went?

I heard that most of the money is gobbled up in simply paying salaries, but what is broken up details?

This year we have Rs. 2,46,727 crore (US$ 40.4 billion) defence budget. How is it going to be speant?

Any ideas?

lkbehera020315-1.jpg

Share of Defence Services in Defence Budget 2015-16

Ok so 53% was allocated to army. But how was it exectly spent or going to be speant?

I want to know how exactly over budget is spent?

Are there any year end audits as how and where exactly money went?

I heard that most of the money is gobbled up in simply paying salaries, but what is broken up details?

This year we have Rs. 2,46,727 crore (US$ 40.4 billion) defence budget. How is it going to be speant?

Any ideas?

lkbehera020315-1.jpg

Share of Defence Services in Defence Budget 2015-16

Ok so 53% was allocated to army. But how was it exectly spent or going to be speant?

After the share of the defence budget is divided between - IA, IAF, IN, DRDO, OFB and ICG - their respective budgets are divided into two categories namely -

(1) Capital Budget - Money spent on defence acquisition that is purchasing weapons and defence modernization.
(2) Revenue Budget - Money spent on paying salaries, pensions and providing different facilities to the retired as well as serving members of the armed forces.

snip.PNG

91.png

In 2015-16, 80 per cent of Army's budget has been earmarked for revenue expenditure. The corresponding figures for the Navy and Air force are 38 and 41 per cent, respectively.

Now here is how the capital budget on acquisitions is spent by the Army, Navy and Air Force -

army.PNG
navy.PNG
af.PNG

*H&MV = Heavy and Medium Vehicle
Note - "Others" include Land acquisition and Construction/Infrastructure development

Now coming to the revenue budget - here is how it is spent -
revenue.PNG
And here is how the entire budget is spent -

61.png

Any more queries?

Hey Bro Thanks a Lot.
I got the detail idea as in salary : 91767 Crores and acquisition budget for forces.
Many Many Thanks again. :)

Back
Top Bottom