What's new

Indian concerned about Biden statement- Americans to pull out of Afghanistan till Sept 2021

India is concerned about a vacuum developing in Afghanistan following the proposed withdrawal of the United States and Nato forces from the country, the chief of the defence staff has said.

General Bipin Rawat told a security conference that the worry was “disruptors” would step into the space created by the withdrawal of foreign troops from Afghanistan. He declined to name the countries that could act as spoilers.

President Joe Biden said that US troops would be withdrawn from Afghanistan starting on May 1 to end America’s longest war, rejecting calls for them to stay to ensure a peaceful resolution to that nation’s grinding internal conflict.

“Our concern is that the vacuum that will be created by the withdrawal of the United States and Nato should not create space for disruptors,” Rawat said.

The main question is why isn't Biden withdrawing the troops now? There must be some military reason for this tactical delay. US has renegaded on it's deal with the Taliban which is not a good sign at all and could be a spoiler for more action to come in the region. The Taliban may well escalate hostile action against US forces causing a spiraling conflict. We know Biden being urged to deal with Iran by Israel and war could be coming closer to the region.

It wouldn't take long for the US to take out nearly 3000+ soldiers supporting the Afghan army, a fleet of c130's could have the US soldiers out in a jiffy so the announced delay is intriguing.

The possible scenarios are as follows:-

1. US pulls out troops of Afghanistan in September- Afghanistan will fall into anarchy again as it spirals to outright and total civil war. Pakistan wouldn't be too happy as influx of refugees flood into Pakistan and militants use Pakistani territory under various guise causing Pakistan army to take action. India will panic as they have spent huge amounts on the Northern alliance and don't wish to lose their investment and would no doubt provide material support to the NA.

2. US does not pull out- Taliban will restart targeting US and NATO soldiers causing the US and NATO to revamp their numbers creating Afghanistan war II. China and Iran will take sides against the US funneling weapons and money to ensure US/NATO are bogged down. Pakistan will supply the US/NATO making money out of the war.

Very unlikely the US would accept defeat in Afghanistan and abandon it's proxy the Northern alliance which it has supported for so long, so how the US plays this out remains to be seen. Seems like the military planners are being given time to come up with something new as Trump's decision to withdraw was unpalatable.

Last edited:
The main question is why isn't Biden not withdrawing the troops now? There must be some military reason for this tactical delay. US has renegaded on it's deal with the Taliban which is not a good sign at all and could be a spoiler for more action to come in the region. The Taliban may well escalate hostile action against US forces causing a spiraling conflict. We know Biden being urged to deal with Iran by Israel and war could be coming closer to the region.

It wouldn't take long for the US to take out nearly 3000+ soldiers supporting the Afghan army, a fleet of c130's could have the US soldiers out in a jiffy so the announced delay is intriguing.
Maybe he is trying to convince india to deploy in Afghanistan?
Good you know how the baby Pakistan was born.
Yes.

Delhi is the best city in pakistan. More will follow.

I recall saying that the US would push Pakistan and India to settle Kashmir and, in turn, task Pakistan (either explicitly or by default) to manage Afghanistan. In return, Pakistan can mop India's footprint.

I think this pullout could be the first sign of that shift.

@SQ8 @Yasser76 @araz @Blacklight @JamD
I don’t share your optimism regarding managing afg - that country people and influence is one of the reasons Pakistan is in such a mess.

What India has to do with afghanistan, yes they have build a library as per Trump.

And India maps shows Afghanistan as india's neighbor, how stupid of India.

Stop your neighbor is your enemy and your neighbors neighbor is your friend stupidity...

Indians are incorrigible...

I recall saying that the US would push Pakistan and India to settle Kashmir and, in turn, task Pakistan (either explicitly or by default) to manage Afghanistan. In return, Pakistan can mop India's footprint.

Latest Economist article says that US will base CT forces nearby as quick reaction force. Will either be Tajik or Pak. Would not surprise me if they ask for Shamshi or Pasni.

Sir do really think , Americans will actually want solve kashmir problem with some drcnet solutions. It the core issue that keep Pakistan and india major enemy's... will help there cause for future as well

@Bilal Khan (Quwa)

I dont know if one can mop the dumpster fire that is Afghanistan. It will be very hard to manage with the competing interests of India Iran and Pakistan. Im afraid of a new wave of Afghan refugees coming to Pakistan.

Luckily the fences are in place to avoid illegal trespassing into Pakistan. Although the goal by major regional powers should be entirely different.

Pakistan, China, Russia and Iran must sit together to chalk out a plan. There is spoils for every side. This time we should organise instead of compete or pull legs. First the goal should be to unite Pashtun and other elements. Make some sort of unity government excluding Indian and US appointed Afghan pawns. India should be identified as a spoiler and a US snitch. Secondly, initiate construction plans with the full approval of the newly appointed Afghan government. Extract the minerals and exploit Afghanistan as a safe passage into CAS. Just watch how Afghanistan propels into a peaceful and prosperous nation.
Latest Economist article says that US will base CT forces nearby as quick reaction force. Will either be Tajik or Pak. Would not surprise me if they ask for Shamshi or Pasni.

Yes, I have read the article and I don't think the Americans will set foot on Pak soil. This is an idea which has been floated around by certain US circles. I don't think any country in the region has the appetite to host US soldiers on their turf. Too much risk and too problematic. There are major disagreements and irritants between Pakistan and the US. Biden hasn't even phoned Imran Khan. That should give you an indication how much truth there is to such stories. It is wishful thinking at best to my knowledge.

Last edited:
I don’t share your optimism regarding managing afg - that country people and influence is one of the reasons Pakistan is in such a mess.

We have it in our own hands to at least make an effort to rectify the mess. This time without US and Indian obstruction. The key is to get all regional actors on the table and form some sort of a blueprint for Afghanistan. There is no guarantee for success, but when regional actors come together and are on the same page things should become easier. I think we have today reached a point after two decades where most regional actors understand that Afghanistan won't be saved through fierce competition and leg pulling. It can only be saved through cooperation. As I have pointed out, Afghanistan is like a golden dagger. Dangerous yet tempting. We need the right temperament, patience and planning to unlock its potential. In the process, there is enough pie for everyone.

Last edited:
India is concerned about a vacuum developing in Afghanistan following the proposed withdrawal of the United States and Nato forces from the country, the chief of the defence staff has said.

General Bipin Rawat told a security conference that the worry was “disruptors” would step into the space created by the withdrawal of foreign troops from Afghanistan. He declined to name the countries that could act as spoilers.

President Joe Biden said that US troops would be withdrawn from Afghanistan starting on May 1 to end America’s longest war, rejecting calls for them to stay to ensure a peaceful resolution to that nation’s grinding internal conflict.

“Our concern is that the vacuum that will be created by the withdrawal of the United States and Nato should not create space for disruptors,” Rawat said.

Come on super duper power.....take their place
Don't worry Taliban will have a reason to fight Pakistan before they even think of Kashmir.
I will make a call and they are coming for you first

Indians must be shitting in their pants actually. Their entire war effort against Pakistan using Afghan soil is about to go into drain just like Americans own war already has gone.

The main question is why isn't Biden withdrawing the troops now? There must be some military reason for this tactical delay. US has renegaded on it's deal with the Taliban which is not a good sign at all and could be a spoiler for more action to come in the region. The Taliban may well escalate hostile action against US forces causing a spiraling conflict. We know Biden being urged to deal with Iran by Israel and war could be coming closer to the region.

The possible scenarios are as follows:-

1. US pulls out troops of Afghanistan in September- Afghanistan will fall into anarchy again as it spirals to outright and total civil war. Pakistan wouldn't be too happy as influx of refugees flood into Pakistan and militants use Pakistani territory under various guise causing Pakistan army to take action. India will panic as they have spent huge amounts on the Northern alliance and don't wish to lose their investment and would no doubt provide material support to the NA.

2. US does not pull out- Taliban will restart targeting US and NATO soldiers causing the US and NATO to revamp their numbers creating Afghanistan war II. China and Iran will take sides against the US funneling weapons and money to ensure US/NATO are bogged down. Pakistan will supply the US/NATO making money out of the war.

Very unlikely the US would accept defeat in Afghanistan and abandon it's proxy the Northern alliance which it has supported for so long, so how the US plays this out remains to be seen. Seems like the military planners are being given time to come up with something new as Trump's decision to withdraw was unpalatable.
Seems valid concern, so this mean this withdrawal can be political statement and actual decision is yet to decided upon outcome of this announcement and 3rd party reactions

@khansaheeb
Come on super duper power.....take their place

I will make a call and they are coming for you first
Indian will never ever put there foot officially on Afghan siol , they are darpook nation and even army ... they have seem what happed to 2 super powers

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom