A concept car...

Some TATA concept cars..

tata-aria-coupe-concept-2.jpg

tata-elegante-concept-1.png

prima.jpg

112_06geneva_01x_tata_cliffrider_concept_front_driver_side.jpg

tata-xover-f3q.jpg

^^

This tata concept car evolved and hit the market as TATA Aria very recently.

Tata-Aria-MPV-in-India-specification-and-review.png

Tata Motors launches truck, pickup van in Bangladesh

Financial Express RSS FEED Financial Express Print View

FE Report

TATA Motors and its distributors in Bangladesh Nitol Motors Limited Thursday launched a truck and a pickup van in the country.

The two vehicles were formally launched at the Bangladesh-China Friendship Conference Center in the city. Chairman of Nitol-Niloy group Abdul Matlub Ahmed chaired the ceremony.

The LPT1615TC truck chassis with sleeper cabin has been successfully operating in several international markets in SAARC, Middle East and Africa. The model is equipped with internationally reputed 145 HP-Cummings 6BT5.9 turbo charged -intercooled diesel engine.

The TATA Ace HT with its ergonomically design cabin having a pickup load body length of 7.3 feet, and also a covered van option is ideally suited for intra-city applications like last mile distribution of FMCG, courier parcels and several other products.

Nitol Motors are also offering a free comprehensive Vehicle Care package for 18 months on these models.

I have been seeing lots of blah blah blah from the bhartis about their so called top rated car and arguments from the bangladeshis... but the real issue is that Bharti companies are investing in BD because it is a lucrative, competitive and economical place to invest and it is even better then the India or China where labor cost is little bit higher then BD and does not enjoy the benefits that bd usually do. They are not doing it for charity or for the wale fare of BD. Regarding this investment the positive outcome that BD can get is that it will create some jobs. Apart from that whether people of BD will buy this lower graded car or not it is up to them. These bharti car companies also eying duty free access to different region of the world utilizing BD's LDC status. This is as simple as that. Now BD should concentrate on getting more car and other manufacturing companies in BD from different parts of the world and from renowned companies. While doing this we may get investment from these bharti companies which produce lower graded products. But it should not bother us as long as it create jobs. In the mean time bd should concentrate to improve the infrastructure and increase power generation. I believe while doing so many other BD car companies will be formed and Bangladesh in the international arena will be able to establish itself as the world hub of manufacturing just like china...

Why would a private company invest in another country for charity? There are obvious advantages of BD to make it as manufacturing base, but the early movers need help from govt.
Any investment is good for local economy if bangladeshis are concerned about quality they need not buy the cars.
I would love to have some bangladeshi company in India making factories so that there is more competition and more jobs. Are there any company in bangladesh which can enter Indian market and set up factory here?

Well it varies from a business point of view and the buyers perception.
That car is probably a 16valve 1600cc 4 dr saloon, no clm control(can't see them in the pic) with similar HP of a corolla and lower sized tires so one can certainly compare the two spec wise.

Now it certainly isn't a coupe or Hatchback so the comparison is justified. Corolla falls into the affordable sedan of middle income group and the Irani car shown should also fall into a similar category.

That means that a College lecturer, Bank branch manager, Senior Salesman kind of people buy and drive Toyota Corollas (new ones, not pre-owned)?
Am I correct in that inference?

That means that a College lecturer, Bank branch manager, Senior Salesman kind of people buy and drive Toyota Corollas (new ones, not pre-owned)?

Due to tax structure even Pre-owned corollas cost around $20,000 +
now a luxurious Allion or Premio costs the same as a new corolla at around $30,000
so its a bit complicated. Though no cars older then 4 years can be imported.

And yes the above mentioned position holders buy this cars.

The younger executives has the option for Hatchbacks
at around $14,000

Most of the cars driven in Bangladesh are second hand cars from Japan. I have mentioned at least two models in my previous post.

The car's high price tag is due to duties.

Due to tax structure even Pre-owned corollas cost around $20,000 +
now a luxurious Allion or Premio costs the same as a new corolla at around $30,000
so its a bit complicated. Though no cars older then 4 years can be imported.

The younger executives has the option for Hatchbacks
at around $14,000

So according to you, both pre-owned and new Corollas cost the same due to the tax structure? Sounds a bit confusing though.

That is interesting. What kind of salaries would these "middle income group" professionals be earning? That will help to get an idea of the purchasing power.

Back
Top Bottom