What's new

Indian companies robbing millions from Bangladesh

Taxicabs worth Tk 80 crore turn into junk
Cheap Indian cars are to blame

Idune,
HI, all taxi cabs in India are doing well. You didn't specify which car. Here in India, we have Ambassadors running as taxis mainly in West Bengal, Assam etc. Ambassadors have been found to be especially handy and effectively on water logged roads like those found in East India. Other cars running as taxis include Indicas, Indigos (luxary), Tata Sumos (very powerful engine, suited for hill roads), Esteem (luxary). FIAT Premiers are not seen very often now but they were the mainstay of Indian taxi service along with Ambassadors about 15 years ago. We also have the Toyota Qualis and Mahindra Scorpios in action here. Believe me, all these cars are tough and rugged for Indian roads (which are bad in many places). They keep running for ages till they are discarded by the Supreme Court '15 year' ban. Most of these have been converted to CNG due to court orders on pollution. So unless you specify the make of the car, it is impossible to comment. Maybe your importers have deliberately bought a light weight, low cost family car(sedan) which was never built to carry cargo or for rough use, in order to make money. And are now blaming India. If Indian taxis can work well on Indian roads, they can work well anywhere in the world. They can even run in the Moon craters.

India is a major automobile manufacturing region with Ford , Hyundai, Toyota kirloskar, General motors, TATA , Hindustan motors , Maruti suzuki,Mahindra and mahindra, Honda siel, Skoda auto and some other players in the field , we have a large presence in the European markets as well, recently the auto export has increased to 63% , If there is no complain from other countries regarding cars manufactured in India, then i don't see a reason as to why the cars would fail in Bangladesh, and if you are so concerned about INDIAN JUNK which you have mentioned numerous times in your post why don't you start manufacturing world class cars in your country.

Steel Guru : India auto export zooms to 63%

BBC NEWS | Business | Indian auto firms eye global markets

Top Car Manufacturers in India

Automobile industry in India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wow....Indian companies being blamed for the poor quality roads and poor driving habits of the Taxi drivers.... we all know how Taxi drivers in Indian subcontinent treat their cars....especially if the car belongs to the Taxi Cab operating Company.

What next.......I think Bangladeshi friends are going to blame India for the pothole dotted roads in their country.

Idune,
If Indian taxis can work well on Indian roads, they can work well anywhere in the world. They can even run in the Moon craters.

Emotional indians sure drive their car in the moon, in dream offcourse. Yet after all indian deception and dreamy story, in reality their car render junk only after 2-3 years.

What next.......I think Bangladeshi friends are going to blame India for the pothole dotted roads in their country.

Next, Bangladeshis will just stay the hell away from indian junk car and buy quality from elsewhere.

Next, Bangladeshis will just stay the hell away from indian junk car and buy quality from elsewhere.

Please go ahead do that........

Let us Indians suffer from the wrath of no business happening ....with Bangladesh....:cheesy:

Let our economy suffer because no one in Bangladesh wants to buy India made goods....:woot:
:taz:

By the way for your information:

Facts:
- Over 15% of Bangladeshi imports come from India.
- Bangladesh has a large trade deficit with India; this is offset by surpluses with other countries.
- Bangladeshi exports to India receive tariff concessions (under SAFTA).
- They account for less than 1% of total India’s imports.
- Illegal trade between the two countries amounts to 3/4 of regular trade.

Last edited:
Relax, the Indian car market cannot go ' bust' by a small market like BD. Just for the record 1000 cars are added ( new registrations)monthly to Delhi alone - which incidently is the root cause of traffic probs in the capital.Now that the Nano too is in the market, the numbers will increase.

In any case, the article at the bgining of the thread is generic - which cars are we talking of ?

Since sweeping statements are being made, lets hear from you which Indian cars are junk?
BD market is not that small. An importer has to pay 5 lakh to 18 lakh Taka of duty and tax, even then the Japanese import is about 4500 vehicles per month. If the govt halves the taxes, the market will treble instantly. Govt wont allow it only because the road system is inadequate.

Indian market is bigger because the cars are all home made. But, BD imports high quality Japanese cars at very high import prices. Import price of a 1500cc Japan made USED car is about US$10,000. With this price (plus duty & tax) how many miser Indians will go for a car? But, BD people just don't care.

So, do not say arbitrarily that the BD market is small. Indians like made in India cars, but BD people just dislike them. Indian cars have no quality and no standard. NANO is good for Indians, but not for us.

Last edited:
Indians like made in India cars, but BD people just dislike them. Indian cars have no quality and no standard. NANO is good for Indians, but not for us.

Thats good to hear, and good to know that our Bangla brothers' standards are High ! :)

Indians like made in India cars, but BD people just dislike them. Indian cars have no quality and no standard. NANO is good for Indians, but not for us.
:rofl:

Simple ...stop buying Indian cars......

Let India car companies to sell India made cars to poor countries In Europe and America..... where the product quality is absolutely poor...

Jets throw them off your High Quality market.....

PS: which Indian car they are mentioning here again?

Its third class Maruti Suzuki.Please don't mind me calling it third class.It really is garbage.

Well the title and content is totally different.These Indian cars were imported during BNP rule,which in turn made some of our ministers' pockets warm.So this is more our fault than Indian companies fault.I mean,we knew these cars were rubbish,then why we imported them at first place?

Last edited:

I would rather walk than ride in one of those Maruti suzuki 800.they scare me to death.

And yes we have high standard for cars.We like Japs very much.:D

Its third class Maruti Suzuki.Please don't mind me calling it third class.It really is garbage.

Well the title and content is totally different.These Indian cars were imported during BNP rule,which in turn made some of our ministers' pockets warm.So this is more our fault than Indian companies fault.I mean,we knew these cars were rubbish,then why we imported them at first place?

As far as I know...Maruti Suzuki is a JV between Suzuki and India Govt. and the majority stake is with Suzuki......so its more of a Japanese car made in India....:guns:

Then go and shout your pants off on Your government ...why come here and post crap...:argh:

Indians are flipping out seeing one of their car market going bust. To give simple answer almost all indians cars are junk when it comes for reliability, performance and effeciency.

You remind me of that Sukumar Roy's poem, "Chayabaji"

"aajgubi noi, aajgubi noi, shottikarer kotha,
chayar shathey kusti korey, gatrey holo batha."

[My rough translation:

"I am telling you the truth, don't reject it as fake,
Wrestling with the shadows, only gave me body ache."]

Last edited:

Let India car companies to sell India made cars to poor countries In Europe and America..... where the product quality is absolutely poor...

Jets throw them off your High Quality market.....
Nobody in BD likes anything Indian, they are all shoddy products. Same is true even with your textiles. However, your politicians beg us to buy Indian and our greedy politicians join hands with them. Finally, your Marwaries are good at doing MALISH and under the table bribery. So, to get rid of all these will take time. But, remember, when we produce our cars they will be same as Japanese cars. At that time we will no more buy India's shoddy goods.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom