What's new

Indian companies robbing millions from Bangladesh

a few question to my bd friends what what are the other types of cab do you operate in your city if its the 2nd hand japs then isnt there a regulation prohibiting 15 years+ commercial vehicles plying on the roads (even if they are retrofitted)

and bout the pollution controll norms what bout those??

No, I think I have to come Bangladesh to see those smart cars. Are above all cars taxi cab ?
I do not think you will see any of the Japan made 660cc cars in BD streets, because people do not buy them. You will also not find many people riding a Maruti 800 in Dhaka. People do not like Maruti.

But, Maruti was forced fed by some corrupt ministers in the recent past. Only a few companies were given license to operate taxis. These companies' purchase was then limited to 800cc cars. This is how Indian maruti entered BD.

When Japanese Hondo motorcycles first arrived they were ridiculed, then the first wave of cars flooded America. Now they are the top dogs. In the 80s Korean cars had a bad reputation for quality and design, and they too were ridiculed. It took over a decade, but now they are considered much better than America's top 3. Both Jap & Kor took over a decade for acceptance, but I predict it will only be 4-5 years before Chinese cars are accepted.

Everything takes time.
:) found this post on another thread (Re: Chinese copy of Bajaj Pulsar banned)
sino this applies to indian products too.and what it implies is even though today guys like EASTWATCH and iDUNE hate indian products they will start admiring indian engineering within 3-4 years.:yahoo:
look iDUNE and EASTWATCH :angel: all i want to say is we have much in common and we should co-operate to to bulld our nations.:tup:

I think that would be Lipu the famous Bangladeshi car designer and i think you are referring to the show Bangla bangers on discovery channel.

Joi Bangla Blog: Bangla Bangers!

Thanks Mig.

I went to a car show,where he made an exact replica of Ferrari or something else,though inside it was Toyota engine.As far as I remember, he named it Ekushe(21st).Cool guy. :tup:

a few question to my bd friends what what are the other types of cab do you operate in your city if its the 2nd hand japs then isnt there a regulation prohibiting 15 years+ commercial vehicles plying on the roads (even if they are retrofitted)

and bout the pollution controll norms what bout those??

Agastya,

Reconditioned cars starts afresh.They are expected and does run like new cars just out from factory.So there is no question of 15+ years restriction.

I think you are mixing up reconditioned with second hand cars.They are not the same.

Agastya,

Reconditioned cars starts afresh.They are expected and does run like new cars just out from factory.So there is no question of 15+ years restriction.

I think you are mixing up reconditioned with second hand cars.They are not the same.

leon

hope i am correct
but the cars blue books (thats what we refer to over here in india) will contain the date of manufacturing not the date of reconditioning..
and all the parameter are checked as per the the date of manufacturing

i might be sighting a not so good example.
autos in kolkata 15 years old ,though retrofitted with cng kit is banned from plying on the street..

Back
Top Bottom