What's new

Indian companies robbing millions from Bangladesh

well
just say let the consumer decide what they want buy a second hand japs or a new indian car (irrespective of whether they call it a junk) ,its a free market and each one of them have a right of making their own opinion ...

and let me suggest to my bangladeshi friends open your automobile market for foreign players to come in ,so that you will better choices to make and reduce import duty on foriegn brands such that it costs less for consumers..
such that they have level playing ...once they find the market viable they can set up a manufacturing or atleast an assembling unit there.

Agastya,

I checked with a friend of mine whose father owns a car showroom,about the price of Maruti800.Though they does not sell Maruti800,but he gave me a rough estimation of the price.

Now In India it costs about Rs.200000 or more.Now when you import it here,because of exchange rate and tax,the price goes up to around 4-5 lakh.
Now with registration of vehicle and converting it to CNG(optional),the price will go as high as 5lakh plus.

Now you see,Maruti800 is cheap car for you but not that cheap for us.In fact,anyone who can afford 2 to 3 lakh more,can buy a Toyota Probox.Which is far better than Maruti800.

Only place Maruti has an edge is it is fuel saving.

Another point,
So many people have misunderstanding about reconditioned cars here.When these cars are bought here,they are as good as new one and from no angle you can call them used cars.Its just like Military fighter jets undergoing massive upgrades.
When they are reconditioned,it is as good as new ones.

We might be a third world country,but even rich country like UAE,uses reconditioned cars.Imperial Motors, Toyota Car Dealer In Dubai, Reconditioned Cars From Japan, Imperial Used Cars.

I think this thread has lived up its life!!....till last day,we are moving round a circle,and today some members took the trolling lane!.....btw,idune,you dont like indian cars,dont buy it ,simple!.....we are more than happy with our shytty junk.

I suggest the tata nano as the next cab!!!......awww,sarcasm took over me for a while,never mind

Agastya,

I checked with a friend of mine whose father owns a car showroom,about the price of Maruti800.Though they does not sell Maruti800,but he gave me a rough estimation of the price.

Now In India it costs about Rs.200000 or more.Now when you import it here,because of exchange rate and tax,the price goes up to around 4-5 lakh.
Now with registration of vehicle and converting it to CNG(optional),the price will go as high as 5lakh plus.

Now you see,Maruti800 is cheap car for you but not that cheap for us.In fact,anyone who can afford 2 to 3 lakh more,can buy a Toyota Probox.Which is far better than Maruti800.

Only place Maruti has an edge is it is fuel saving.

Another point,
So many people have misunderstanding about reconditioned cars here.When these cars are bought here,they are as good as new one and from no angle you can call them used cars.Its just like Military fighter jets undergoing massive upgrades.
When they are reconditioned,it is as good as new ones.

We might be a third world country,but even rich country like UAE,uses reconditioned cars.Imperial Motors, Toyota Car Dealer In Dubai, Reconditioned Cars From Japan, Imperial Used Cars.

thats what i am saying reduce import duty let the foriegn players come in create healthy competetive enviroment ...this will automatically force the makers to cut down prices due to competition
this will give more options to the the consumers with a populous country like yours (plz plz plz dont take in the wrong way) many will set up assembling units this will drastically cut down prices ..
and
at the end will give you more option than the maruti junk(your opinion i respect it) 2nd hand junk (my opinion ,please respect it)..:cheers:

Well 4-5 lakhs is too much for a car like maruti 800 , no wonder the taxi cab owners are disgruntled, In India people prefer the maruti 800 because of its price and it does not have much of safety features( i guess none at all) , its body is too light and even a small accident can render the car completely useless, well coming to the point of cabs , i agree with agastya to reduce import and other tax levies so that consumers can have better and wider choice and they should not be forced to take a pick just because only that particular brand is available in that segment.

Second Bangladesh can start license manufacturing of cars,only when you start producing the cars locally , you would come to know about the limitation and enhance the features or modify as to suite the local condition.

For example when Hyundai first launched their santro quite a few of them had suspension problem( bad road condition) and the ride was very bumpy, local inputs were taken and the suspension strut was modified and now its one of the bestseller , even Honda had some problem with their engine ( because of spurious and low quality fuel available ), they had to modify the engine so that it can be used to operate even with the low octane grade fuel.

Last edited:
well does any one remember the name of the bangladeshi car designer who designed a super car from scrap ,i once saw the episode on discovery ,but just cant remember his name:hitwall:

Last edited:
Y the the helll u got time to reply me... go tomyy hushhhh. People who use maruti 800 as taxi is suggesting history lesson to me hahaha. You have already proved ur mentality by using maruti as taxi. May be u need despirately common sense lesson than me to have history lesson. History says we gave u independence from Pak happy now....go and get some common sence....:taz::taz::taz: if u think iam troll don't reply my post u uuu..xxxxx forget it...:yahoo:
Some Japanese taxi companies use 660cc cars as taxi, then what is the problem with a 800cc maruti? Problem is not with the displacement, but with the quality.

Some Japanese taxi companies use 660cc cars as taxi, then what is the problem with a 800cc maruti? Problem is not with the displacement, but with the quality.

Can you help me in finding that 660cc taxicab.

Can you help me in finding that 660cc taxicab.

You have to come to Japan to see 660cc taxicabs. I just do not know which of the 660cc cars are used by the taxi companies, but there are many different models of these cars in Japan.

For example, Honda 660cc cars are as follows: ACTY, STREET, VAMOS HOBIO, ZEST, That's, LIFE etc. Suzuki has the following cars: CERVO, ALTO, LAPIN, Kei, TWIN, MR WAGON, WAGON-R etc. Daihatsu has the following 660cc cars: MOVE, MOVE-LATTE, MOVE-CONTE, TANTO, TERIOS-KID, ATRAI etc.

You have to come to Japan to see 660cc taxicabs. I just do not know which of the 660cc cars are used by the taxi companies, but there are many different models of these cars in Japan.

For example, Honda 660cc cars are as follows: ACTY, STREET, VAMOS HOBIO, ZEST, That's, LIFE etc. Suzuki has the following cars: CERVO, ALTO, LAPIN, Kei, TWIN, MR WAGON, WAGON-R etc. Daihatsu has the following 660cc cars: MOVE, MOVE-LATTE, MOVE-CONTE, TANTO, TERIOS-KID, ATRAI etc.

No, I think I have to come Bangladesh to see those smart cars. Are above all cars taxi cab ?

yes i agree problem is not with the displacement :agree:
but the pathetic quality of : -
1)bangladeshi roads
2)bangladeshi cab drivers
3)service centre and mechanics
4)guys who conducted the feasibility test
and above all bangladeshi goverment.:coffee:

Latest posts

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom