What's new

Indian Brahmos missle crashes in Mian Channo

I am new on this forum. However, I have been a student of various systems in the past. I don't trust these statements. Based on the following flight path and pictures posted on here of the projectile, I believe (and I could be wrong) that this was a test of a gen-1 Hypersonic glide vehicle by India. They knew that in the peacetime, there won't be any retaliation, this test also tested PA/PAF's ADS.

I don't think there was any mistake behind it. The object sort of fits the size of a gen-1 HGV, supported by the size, speed and flight path.

swarajya%2F2022-03%2F168f5dca-368b-45f8-85e3-f485b4716e79%2FPakistani_Propaganda.jpg

I am new on this forum. However, I have been a student of various systems in the past. I don't trust these statements. Based on the following flight path and pictures posted on here of the projectile, I believe (and I could be wrong) that this was a test of a gen-1 Hypersonic glide vehicle by India. They knew that in the peacetime, there won't be any retaliation, this test also tested PA/PAF's ADS.

I don't think there was any mistake behind it. The object sort of fits the size of a gen-1 HGV, supported by the size, speed and flight path.

swarajya%2F2022-03%2F168f5dca-368b-45f8-85e3-f485b4716e79%2FPakistani_Propaganda.jpg
It was Brahmos, and secondly, you are right it can not be an incident.

For the *** lurkers

the video with drop tank was not from this incident as it was uploaded before the incident even took place

here you go

sorry to break your delusions :P

Think about this for a second. Would the Indian military risk public humiliation and, more importantly, having their state of the art missile system fall into enemy hands just so that they could gauge enemy response? Does this make any logical sense?

It was Brahmos, and secondly, you are right it can not be an incident.

I don't think it was a Brahmos. The curved trajectory is designed to fool ADS of a country. I know India had been working on AI based missiles. If you take a look at the pictures (I've reviewed a dozen or so zoomed in), the size, the nose, the width and the rear aren't Brahmos.
It may be that Brahmos was fired and then where it curved, a Gen-1 HGV was launched. Brahmos doesn't fly this type of a trajectory.

Ab suwar kay batcho say pocho, jab "accidental firing of missile" howa tha, tou kyu khamooshi ch-he howe thee?

#PhatiHoweKyuThee?

24hrs kay baad jab DG-ISPR nay Press Conference ke aur bhanda khola tou phir maafi arahe hai.

Bicharay
***.jpg
wallo nay kitnay pages zaya kar deye jis may F-16, JF-17, Mirage aur kya nahe gira deya. Nearly 48hrs later, instead of losing jets - we gained 6 brand-spanking-new jets.

Ab "Porki-Porki" aur funny emojis '🤣' kartay raho.

#InYourFace
Xi0I.gif

How can a missile be fired during maintenance?
I don't think it was a Brahmos. The curved trajectory is designed to fool ADS of a country. I know India had been working on AI based missiles. If you take a look at the pictures (I've reviewed a dozen or so zoomed in), the size, the nose, the width and the rear aren't Brahmos.
It may be that Brahmos was fired and then where it curved, a Gen-1 HGV was launched. Brahmos doesn't fly this type of a trajectory.
from the picture analysis, it was evident that it is Brahmos, you can see the picture comparison

Attachments

• brahmos 2.jpg
    brahmos 2.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 42
  • Brahmos.jpg
    Brahmos.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 40
you think global agencies are not aware already.. come on

No sir we should fire missile on the base where this Brahmos was originated in line with international norms. period.
Retaliation for what ? You don't even know what happened. Let the professionals deal with this.
The more knowledgeable members here and professionals would know better than me but I would point out a basic tactic used in the military. When a projectile of some sort is launched to attack the defending forces, there are some radars (we have some Chinese YLC-2 to do that job) deployed to track and evaluate the projectiles trajectory and calculate the exact launching area of these artillery strikes. Then that defending military fires counter artillery fire to neutralize the launching systems of the aggressors.

So in that context Pakistan should have immediately responded to that strike with a missile to attack the launch site because as per DG ISPR press conference that we detected launch and track the whole path of the missile till impact. That's standard military SOP to counter fire where you received fire from.

They are naive who claim that we still don't know, let's assess the situation and figure out what really has happened. Everyone knows what's really happened. The trajectory of the projectile was being tracked in real time. It was flying in high speeds of Mach 3. No airliner or fighter of either country can even come close to those speeds, unless India has some SR-71 recon planes which surely they don't have. Then it impacted on the ground deep inside Pakistani territory. The natural response would have been to attack that launch site with whatever suitable weapon you had at your disposal ASAP to neutralize the threat. Instead our forces gambled to trust hostile Indians that there wouldn't be any follow up strikes from the same launch site. That's illogical, counter intuitive and reflects unnecessary complacency and inability to fire back with tit for tat response. Does that depict the reluctance, confusion and lack of commitment from our military's chain of command to defend our homeland at any cost!
@PanzerKiel sir what SOPs say about the cruise missile attack from India across international border into the sovereign territory of Pakistan? Or even some artillery fire from other side of the border!

What's the purpose of spending capital and so much human resources into maintaining a deterrence which couldn't deter the enemy's aggression. And its not one odd incident. Recently, we have been observing a steady pattern of aggression and attacks by our hostile neighborhood bully

Last edited:
@Boxer1122

Why would they test a hypersonic glide vehicle over Pakistan when there is the entire ocean available for such testing. Also from the pictures it looks like some variant of Brahmos.

Whether you trust it or not, your government is quite convinced about it if we consider the tone of the statements from ISPR.

India 'deeply regrets' accidental firing of missile inside Pakistan

Dawn.comPublished March 11, 2022 - Updated 2 minutes ago

This map shows the projectile of an Indian missile that entered Pakistan and fell in Khanewal district's Mian Channu area on Wednesday. — Photo ISPR

This map shows the projectile of an Indian missile that entered Pakistan and fell in Khanewal district's Mian Channu area on Wednesday. — Photo ISPR
The Indian Defence Ministry regretted on Friday a missile that "accidentally" entered Pakistan and fell in Khanewal district's Mian Channu area on Wednesday, attributing the incident to a "technical malfunction".
"On 9 March 2022, in the course of routine maintenance, a technical malfunction led to the accidental firing of a missile," the ministry said in a statement.
"The government has taken serious view and ordered a high-level court of enquiry."

Think about this for a second. Would the Indian military risk public humiliation and, more importantly, having their state of the art missile system fall into enemy hands just so that they could gauge enemy response? Does this make any logical sense?

I think you are reading this entire thing wrong. Allow me to explain sir.

1) This wasn't a 'test'. It was a message to Pakistan at Mach 3. We all know how things have been due to China - Pak friendship, and right around J-10C's induction date, which cancels out essential plans of 'air superiority' by Rafale against Pak and sends a strong message to India, along with various other systems, including advance air-defence systems Pak procured.

2) I don't believe this was a full scale, most advance HGV, which is why I said Gen-1. They may be at Gen-2 by now. I'd have to go into a lot more depth of explaining what it means, won't be productive but people working on such systems would understand my post.

I think you are reading this entire thing wrong. Allow me to explain sir.

1) This wasn't a 'test'. It was a message to Pakistan at Mach 3. We all know how things have been due to China - Pak friendship, and right around J-10C's induction date, which cancels out essential plans of 'air superiority' by Rafale against Pak and send a strong message to India, along with various other systems, including advance air-defence systems Pak procured.

2) I don't believe this was a full scale, most advance HGV, which is why I said Gen-1. They may be at Gen-2 by now. I'd have to go into a lot more depth of explaining what it means, won't be productive but people working on such systems would understand my post.

Some people speculate that this is Brahmos mini, which is state of the art. Even if it isn't Brahmos is still the fulcrum of Indian defense. It'll be like China shooting a DF-17 at Taiwan to gauge enemy defense.

Back
Top Bottom