What's new

Indian Brahmos missle crashes in Mian Channo

It is those few which get through that matter and which make the successful interceptions redundant and useless.
No not totally useless. What mayhem would have been caused if all those missiles would have passed through because of non-existent air defense and hit the intended targets there. Riyadh wouldn't be looking any different from Syria right now!

So all those interceptions saved lives, property and relative peace in the country. Israel is another example, which has extensive air defense systems and their casualties were not more than a couple of dozen in recent conflict in Gaza. They intercepted hundreds if not thousands of make-shift rockets fired at them. The mere existence of a tiny state of Israel is due to the effectiveness of their continuously evolving iron dome system. So you can't regard them completely useless especially in low intensity conflicts, they are there to maintain peace and stability of the country.

I'm not a military expert, or even an intrested amature. I don't have any idea how easily could it be faked, I just don't see the point of firing one (1) missile, unarmed. seems too convenient at this time.

Precision strike attempted at an important target perhaps?

Or possibly a test of Pakistan's air defence and alertness? A live test of a weapon India has some deniability with. Maybe just an accidental launch from Indian. Perhaps a test firing that malfunctioned and went out of control? This is not far from India at all. It could be so many likely reasons why this missile could have come from India with or without intention.

It's quite a lot more unlikely for IK to pull this as a stunt since this actually works against him and makes him look both weak and not in control or unwilling to retaliate. Indian left wing speculations are ... well not very smart.

Like start with thinking how IK benefits from this. I know dumb ones will think he can unify resolve but there is so much more depth behind that if that is the purpose. He would need to retaliate for starters.

Think about what IK would need to do. Steal an Indian Brahmos and do this. The CX-1 is not even in Chinese service. It was some few prototype units made by some private company. It was suggested to be used as a Brahmos simulator to practice interception against and had no seeker.

The whole purpose of CX-1 was to have something that can fly mach 3 towards a general area and have ships intercept it for practice. Even that is unknown whether PLA bought any.

It is also larger than Brahmos and it has a different internal structure. I don't think IK bought one prototype CX-1 to pull some stunt which doesn't even help IK in any way to be honest.

Bohat confusion hai bhai. Even after 80 pages

brahmos.jpeg

So, just got clarified that Indians (or Pakistanis) do not need to issue a NOTAM if the system was fired within a declared 'military operating area'. This would point to a batch trial (hence the color, i.e. no check pattern) launch, 'if' this was not a deliberate hit.
As you said that this could have been air launched version, as per the presser the projectile was going towards their designated test range when all of a sudden it decided to go haywire.

It's simple case, Indian army lost control of missile . Missile carry no explosive and if we notice it crash landed. Seems Indian tweaking and manipulating the control system has adverse affect. But, it gave tons of knowledge to Pakistan and China, because missile is not fully destroyed, specially its rear end.

Multiple sources in the defence and security establishment told ThePrint that the matter is being looked into, but refrained from giving any information on the subject. However, they indicated that a statement is likely to be issued by the evening.

Maybe it is a testing misfire? It does not seem like there was sinister intent :undecided:

It's simple case, Indian army lost control of missile . Missile carry no explosive and if we notice it crash landed. Seems Indian tweaking and manipulating the control system has adverse affect. But, it gave tons of knowledge to Pakistan and China, because missile is not fully destroyed, specially its rear end.
I remember reading a few years ago that Pakistan's ISI had catfished a senior engineer in the Brahmos program and got all sensitive details from him. 🤦‍♂️

I don't think India fired brahmos missile into pakistan. I strongly believe that it is stolen missiles from India. India should demand answer from Pakistan if it is really brahmos.
If like the Mirage tyres, Indian missiles also get stolen then India doesn't deserves to have any missiles in fact it should fire a missile into whoever is responsible for their security.

Back
Top Bottom