What's new

Indian Bollywood mocks Tamil struggle in "Madras Cafe". Chola Revival!

so true being a hindu sometimes I feel a bit sympathetic towards likes of Maya Kodnani, Babu bajrangi, Sadhvi Pragya, Praveen Togadia etc even though I don't support their actions and know whatever they did was totally wrong and pathetic but still somewhere deep inside I feel a bit sympathy for them and I hate myself for that but still can't get rid of that sympathy feeling
see, we all are like that. May be it comes from our tribal instinct. We will have sympathy for our tribe. Currently that tribe could be region, religion or nationality.

Not like that. A sikh will always be sympathetic to sikh terrorist, a tamil to tamil terrorist and a kashmiri to kashmir terrorist. Ethnic/religious/regional loyalty will always remain. By sympathetic does not necessarily mean they support, but they tend to be more understanding than rest of us who shout .. kill all these terrorist vermins.

Its not unique to India, if you follow pakistani posters you will see same pattern.

I understood what you meant in your post. While you were speaking about the reason behind the sympathy which is understandable I was talking about people taking advantage of that sympathy and politcizing it.

And more so over I believe that there are good people and bad people in every society. Saying a tamil/Sikh/Muslim being sympathetic to a terrorist of his religion/ethinicty will be wrong.

Only an ignorant can sympathyse with a terrorist or even have a soft corner. I know many muslims who cen run over you if they get a hint that you are generalizing them with others, even for a soft corner!!...:)

so true being a hindu sometimes I feel a bit sympathetic towards likes of Maya Kodnani, Babu bajrangi, Sadhvi Pragya, Praveen Togadia etc even though I don't support their actions and know whatever they did was totally wrong and pathetic but still somewhere deep inside I feel a bit sympathy for them and I hate myself for that but still can't get rid of that sympathy feeling

The thing that you are not so proud of is the biggest strength of Muslims.For Muslims nation is nothing and religion is everything.Christians,Hindus,Buddhists are the only ones who give priority to nation.

Like for eg i am a hindu and i wont give a damn about what happens to Hindus in SL(coz i am not a tamil) but Muslims get hurt and protest if Muslims are killed in Myanamar.

I am secular but i feel that Hinduism is the only thing that can keep the nation united.I am not saying that others religions wont but my point is if hindus are united then no one can harm us.But the media would label a guy like me as a hindu nationalist.

LTTE leader Prabhakaran is still a hero in many youngsters heart in Tamil Nadu, He is a hero of mine too. But all the idiots be assured that, No one in tamil Nadu is not gonna choose any-stand against our Country.

Those who spoke kashmir issue with big mouth, read the article once.
Yasin Malik voices support for Tamil Eelam - Times Of India

unga vaela koothikala paathukittu pongalae, ethukku thaeva illama enga s***tha soriyireeenga.......

The thing that you are not so proud of is the biggest strength of Muslims.For Muslims nation is nothing and religion is everything.Christians,Hindus,Buddhists are the only ones who give priority to nation.

Like for eg i am a hindu and i wont give a damn about what happens to Hindus in SL(coz i am not a tamil) but Muslims get hurt and protest if Muslims are killed in Myanamar.

I am secular but i feel that Hinduism is the only thing that can keep the nation united.I am not saying that others religions wont but my point is if hindus are united then no one can harm us.But the media would label a guy like me as a hindu nationalist.

Sorry for diverting the subject matter of the thread.. But if you think the conflict in Sri Lanka was a Hindu vs Buddhist thing or that the LTTE was fighting for Hindu's or the majority of the LTTE hierarchy was Hindu or that the Evangelical Christian church was a neutral spectator.. You're solely mistaken and as naïve as some of the posters some of you accuse of being naïve on the subject

Pls do not generalise or over simplify very complex civil conflicts of multinational/ethnic socierties

Sorry for diverting the subject matter of the thread.. But if you think the conflict in Sri Lanka was a Hindu vs Buddhist thing or that the LTTE was fighting for Hindu's or the majority of the LTTE hierarchy was Hindu or that the Evangelical Christian church was a neutral spectator.. You're solely mistaken and as naïve as some of the posters some of you accuse of being naïve on the subject

Pls do not generalise or over simplify very complex civil conflicts of multinational/ethnic socierties

I am talking about my country India.SL was a example in my post which could be any other country like Fiji and Nepal.Specifically i was talking about the situation in my country and not somebody else's.

He is not categorizing it as a Hindu vs Buddhists thing . You understood it differently . Read it again .

I am talking about my country India.SL was a example in my post which could be any other country like Fiji and Nepal.Specifically i was talking about the situation in my country and not somebody else's.

He is not categorizing it as a Hindu vs Buddhists thing . You understood it differently . Read it again .

Fair dinkum.. Just that the SL conflict is generally over simplified on many forum portraying it as a ethno religious conflict.. Which it's really not.. There are so many complexities..And that argument is often used by separatists to garner sympathy especially with the Indian majority

Fair dinkum.. Just that the SL conflict is generally over simplified on many forum portraying it as a ethno religious conflict.. Which it's really not.. There are so many complexities..And that argument is often used by separatists to garner sympathy especially with the Indian majority

In India , it is seen as an ethnic conflict . I don't know about the complexities involved . But nobody has ever tried to give it a religious colour .

Mate,i generally dont comment on things i have no idea about.LTTE-Tamil-SL issue being one.

P.S-what is dinkum?

P.S-what is dinkum?

Maybe he meant Dinkan ....... :D

Dinkan is a fictional anthropomorphic superhero mouse who appear in an eponymous Malayalam comic story series .

fca30a5df12fff6a6f08ee6c1b69a700.png

Black July - the trigger for Tamil Hindus vs Sinhala Buddhists ethnic conflict

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom