What's new

Indian AWACS thread

I am not sure but might be in Baluchistan we are doing but its India's Answer because u did it first in 1989..
Look you are a too naive i believe or you are unaware or history, 1989 reply with baluchistan ? okey then, 1989 was the response of 1971, should i say that? I don't know what part of India are you from because surely we have a lot of decent Indians on this forum but you are little fresh i have notice so, Please learn how to post something constructive of don't post. This is not a border area where you want to fight, If you are that much bugged out by Pakistan then join indian army and stay at borders area, You will make a good soldier of yourself :argh::cheers::pakistan::china::usflag:

I would ask some indian members to clean this mess since some kids had been loose on this forum, If i would say then INdian members might take it personals so please take care of them or before they get blocked......... This forum is for constructive contribution not BS god dam :confused::disagree::disagree:

I would ask some indian members to clean this mess since some kids had been loose on this forum, If i would say then INdian members might take it personals so please take care of them or before they get blocked......... This forum is for constructive contribution not BS god dam :confused::disagree::disagree:

start counting the BS posted/replied to every thread opened. You will easily find out who is the champion in posting BS.

I can understand ur feelings pertaining to this thread so lets not blame each other but stop posting BS.

we assume this a/c will operate at the india / chinese border as now china is the looming threat to india according to the IAF chief!

Nice wishful thinking sir. China is the bogey..the real issue is and will always remain Pakistan despite all the denials here and elsewhere. In any case, from a technical and professional standpoint, this is a welcome addition to the IAF. Unlike others, I think AEW&CS capability would actually aid in avoiding conflict in the future. Both Air forces will have much less room to spring surprises and that in itself can be considered a CBM of sorts as the talk of unilateral or preemptive strikes will go out the door.

Last edited:
Cheers to india on there awacs ! inshallah we will be getting our's soon!

Warning to all who are bringing politics into this thread. Keep this thread clean.

Perhaps in 2050 :agree:

When is BS come out of thr dreams ?? to became a superpower of this region ?? when this Indian bollywood movie dream finish ?? (in which thy always thought that tthy r becum a SUPERPOWER) lol when i even think about SUPERPOWER word with India seriously i laughin like hell!! lol

posted in the India drops Russia from 1bn deal thread:

Fed up of delays, India shops for non-Russian platforms

May 29, 2009

New Delhi:

In an articulation of India’s annoyance over nagging delays in several key defence acquisitions, New Delhi finally seems to have decided to reduce its dependence on Russia for military hardware. Two key upcoming acquisitions that Moscow would have liked to believe it had in the bag — the next batch of three aircraft for additional Airborne Early Warning and Control Systems (AWACS) and six refueling aircraft for the Air Force — are all set to be given to non Russian companies.

The signal was clear on Thursday morning at the induction ceremony of India’s first AWACS when an unusually vocal A K Antony publicly asked the Russian ambassador to ensure that defence equipment is delivered in time.

He also took on the Israeli ambassador for delays in the Phalcon AWACS that were delivered a year-and-a-half behind schedule. Russia, followed by Israel is one of the two biggest suppliers of military equipment to India.

:: Bharat-Rakshak.com - Indian Military News Headlines ::

That means that the other 3 AWACS could be different aircrafts and not A50!

posted in the India drops Russia from 1bn deal thread:

That means that the other 3 AWACS could be different aircrafts and not A50!

Hi sancho! I had already posted info on that before. Here it is-

28 May 2009,

India may have created history by inducting its first Airborne Warning and Control System (AWACS) here today but the IAF is planning to replace the Russian IL-76 aircraft with some other "modern aircraft" as the platform for the system in future.

India is the first country in South Asia to own an AWACS, popularly called 'an eye in the sky'.

"The first three AWACS will be based on the Russian IL-76s but they are older aircraft and they will be replaced with modern aircraft, which have same endurance as the IL-76," an IAF source said.

Officials, however, said the process to look out for new platforms for AWACS will begin only after the remaining two systems are inducted in the IAF. The second of the AWACS is expected to be in India by early 2010 and the last one by the end of next year.

The aircraft being looked as a replacement for the IL-76 include Embraer and Gulfstream 550, which can carry out flying missions of over nine hours at a stretch.

On operations by AWACS, the source said, "all the equipment for the system to work will take another two to three months to arrive. So, it will take three months before they start operational flying."

The aircraft will be deployed in Agra with IAF's 50 Squadron under Allahabad-based Central Air Command but will be assigned tasks directly by the Air Headquarters.

IAF may replace AWACS with 'modern aircraft' in future- TIMESNOW.tv - Latest Breaking News, Big News Stories, News Videos

Israel helping India again this time giving Indians US technology.
Now is the time Pakistani has to realize that real enemy is US in directly giving Indian AWACS and playing double games with Pakistan.
Telling Pakistan that there is no danger from east side of border and now India has AWACS.
This is new stagy from US to attack Pakistan and took Pakistan nukes and this time using Indians.
Indians licking Americans *** by canceling Iran gas line project etc in return US give India to have its nuclear energy.
Now how can be their stability in Asia if Israel and US arming Indians.

yup they are looking for Gulfstream or Embraer jets
Can you provide a link? We already are working on an indigeous AEW with Embraer, so why should we buy 3 more Phalcons with that system?
Hi sancho! I had already posted info on that before. Here it is-
I know, I quoted you from that thread, cause I thougt that the info would be useful in this thread too.

What about the Boeing 737 AEW&C? Could it be used with the Phalcon system, or is this system better than Phalcon because it's new? We will use the same aircraft for IN P8I, so would be a good move in case of commonality too.

Back
Top Bottom