What's new

Indian AWACS thread

In reply to Fatman 17.

I assume the Phalcon will operate where the IAF perceives its biggest threat at any given time.

we assume this a/c will operate at the india / chinese border as now china is the looming threat to india according to the IAF chief!

fatman ji,

Yes,IAF chief considers china as bigger threat to indian compared to pakistan ,but i'm sure he also understands pakistan is more unstable and has a habit of posing threat situations at a greater rate than china,so AWAC 'll be operated depending upon immidiate threat perception.

We have received it and i heard 10-12 more AWACS will come soon as well. We will be effectively able to monitor the Infiltration and troop movement of our Bad Neighborhoods.

white_pawn,
Looks like India-Israel is entering into deep military relationship.I am very happy with this development because both of us are suffering with same problem.I don't know why our neighbor feel bad about our growing relationship with Israel.Anyway I am sure under our Present defense minister Mr. Antony it will reach to new heights.

Jai Ho!

India's relation with Israel has bee good from long time, now it is in spot light as lots of defence deals have happen in between both countires, now its improving at much faster pace which is a good notation, as India and Israel have lots of co-operating work in process.

AWACS was good for India so we got it, its a geart boost for India's militery power. Well going by India. :enjoy:

stop whinning and apreciate your big neighbour india

jai ho!

Ruler calm down, see buddy some may like it some may not, its human tendency and one should appreciate it. Some thime when Pakistan buyes some militery equipmenet and India in some cases states a protest or disagreement against it. but that's not going to stop ay country from buying or selling equipments. So let it go, let them keep saying that.

And what pakomar has said may be true or even fales, as in one of the post (i dont remember the post) i had read saying that "Enemie's enemy is our friends and Enemie's friends are our enemy" .

Indian awacs will be inducted shortly with Chinese border....any idea when Pakistan will induct Saab 2000?

Indian awacs will be inducted shortly with Chinese border....any idea when Pakistan will induct Saab 2000?

... Chinese border ??

Where have you gleaned this info from ?

More pics!!!

373b3447cd267b4bac74eb99bf604f9a.jpg

Phalcon with Mig-29!! What a sight!

361c6d7f2a575730eac3b0803a3fd7ba.jpg

3b1374d114ef7bbb39895d6d4b7ca7de.jpg

Can't you ppl lay off for once ?

The thread is on AWACS aircraft & it is degenerating into yet another Indo - Pak tirade.

Can't you ppl lay off for once ?

The thread is on AWACS aircraft & it is degenerating into yet another Indo - Pak tirade.

I answered the questions of an Indian member!

BTT:

lta/Israeli Aircraft Industries (IAI) PHALCON Radar
Israel has developed the IAI/Elta Phalcon system, which uses an AESA (Active Electronically Scanned Array) in lieu of a rotodome antenna. The system was the first such advanced radar placed into service. The original Phalcon was mounted on a Boeing 707 platform and developed for the Israeli Defense Force and for export. A Boeing 707 Phalcon system was delivered to Chile in 1993 where it is known as the “Condor”.
The second generation improvement of the Phalcon system was accomplished in the development of the Israeli ground based IAI EL/M-2080 "Green Pine" radar target tracking system used by the Israeli Defense Force. This system has been exported to several countries.
Israel has recently put in service a third generation variant of the Phalcon system on a highly modified Gulfstream G550 aircraft. Equipped with a more efficient and compact version of this airborne radar made by the ELTA division of Israel Aircraft Industries (IAI), the Gulfstream 550 CAEW is a long endurance, high altitude, rapid pop-up and descent system with unobstructed 360° coverage.

India
From 1987, India has worked on an experimental AEW system codenamed "Airavat"; the project itself is called Airborne Surveillance Platform. HAL customized two HS-748 airframes with pylons and rotodome, but the project itself ground to a halt in 1999, following a Prototype crash, killing 8 scientists aboard. As of 2004, the project has been revived with new platform and an AESA Radar instead of a rotating one.
India ordered 3 Phalcon AWACS from Israel with a cost of about $1.5 billion with the delivery to end in 2008. This was delayed and the first aircraft arrived in early 2009. The IAF cleared proposal to buy 3 more Phalcon AWACS in 2008.
As part of its Eye in the sky project, India is developing an AESA radar which will be integrated on the Embraer EMB-145 aircraft. The AWACS will be inducted by 2011.

Back
Top Bottom