What's new

Indian arrested in French terror plot

Pak_Sher

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
PARIS: French police captured seven suspected Islamist militants in raids in Paris and its suburbs, officials said on Tuesday, as France tightened security in the wake of the death of Osama bin Laden.

Six suspects were detained on Monday but the main target of the operation, an Indian national who recently arrived from Algeria, was taken on Tuesday, according to officials close to the inquiry.

Interior Minister Claude Gueant had said on Monday that France had no concrete evidence of a specific attack being planned, but security forces were in a heightened state of vigilance over the Jihadist threat. The Indian who was arrested on Tuesday had “links with Pakistan”, said an official. — AFP

The Hindu : International : Indian arrested in French terror plot

The Indian who was arrested on Tuesday had “links with Pakistan”

What a joke!

Paris Qaida suspect's mother lives in Tamil Nadu town - The Times of India

indian-al-qaeda-activist-arrested.html

According to reports, he was under the scanner of France's domestic intelligence agency, DCRI, because of his close association with highly radicalized Muslims there and his frequent trips to Pakistan from Algeria.

He is said to be associated with Al Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb, one of the Al Qaida's franchises, in Algeria.

And thats the link with Pakistan they were talking about I guess.

I guess banning of SIMI is justified now.

Al-Qaeda will exploit India since many recruits are there plus no checking. Link with Pakistan of an Indian citizen will make him an Indian Terrorist. Fareed Zakarai is going to do a report on this or poop in his pants, if asked to a report on Indian terrorist links.

Its no different from a European or an American or an Australian "muslim" coming to Pakistan/ Afghanistan for militant trainings.

There are 150 million Muslims in India, there is always a chance of one or two getting brain washed.

Its no different from a European or an American or an Australian "muslim" coming to Pakistan/ Afghanistan for militant trainings.

There are 150 million Muslims in India, there is always a chance of one or two getting brain washed.

True. How long could we shield the 3rd largest Muslim population in the world from the global jihad, when they are continuously exposed to jihadi literature through media especially from internet. This was bound to happen sometimes. Even a small number of these black sheeps can tarnish the image of entire Indians.

True. How long could we shield the 3rd largest Muslim population in the world from the global jihad, when they are continuously exposed to jihadi literature through media especially from internet. This was bound to happen sometimes. Even a small number of these black sheeps can tarnish the image of entire Indians.

Educated muslims doesn't buy this jihadi propaganda, the only way to shield them is to spread education among them, specially the poor and underprivileged ones. Since they are the one most likely to get brainwashed.

I hope people realize that not all terrorists are Muslims. There are countless examples of how non-Muslims are responsible for terrorism as well.

Most of the time, its the Indian Muslims who get in touch with the "Muslims" of other countries, that get involved in this Jihadist business.

I hope people realize that not all terrorists are Muslims. There are countless examples of how non-Muslims are responsible for terrorism as well.

I think most of the educated and reasonable people realise that. Its just the ones with hidden agendas who are using this as a tool to malign the overall Muslim community.

Back
Top Bottom