What's new

Indian Army's Muslim headcount: 3%

Is there not a rule against muslims in the indian army having a beard?

India is a hindu secular democracy, lets get it straight.

First prove that there is a rule which says that Muslims have to wear a beard to be Muslims. Friend, I know the meaning of the word 'SUNNAT'. It does not apply here.

First prove that there is a rule which says that Muslims have to wear a beard to be Muslims. Friend, I know the meaning of the word 'SUNNAT'. It does not apply here.

there is no requirement to prove to an idolator anything, the point is that there is discrimination by secular hindustan - something our hindu friends ardently deny can exist in democratic india.

there is no requirement to prove to an idolator anything, the point is that there is discrimination by secular hindustan - something our hindu friends ardently deny can exist in democratic india.

There is no discrimination by secular India on grounds of Religions as like Pakistan. Moreover, the 3 % is no way official and even if it is then it is still significant. Sikhs are 10-15% but they don't are not more than 1% of total population. Most of the solders were from Punjab state which divided in 1947 thus leaving sikhs in India and Muslims in Pakistan.

Whatever, you do, India still makes up Secular.

There is no discrimination by secular India on grounds of Religions as like Pakistan. Moreover, the 3 % is no way official and even if it is then it is still significant. Sikhs are 10-15% but they don't are not more than 1% of total population. Most of the solders were from Punjab state which divided in 1947 thus leaving sikhs in India and Muslims in Pakistan.

i will not indulge in childish competition of whose pooh stinks less.

the very obvious point is you make out as if india is a bastion of egalitarianism and you consistently reaffirm what a wonderful secular democracy india is - fine, you are entitled to that - but if there was a shred of truth in what you say then you would talk about the news item i posted without bringing pakistan into it.

alas you cannot do this, therefore you are a charlatan who has merely adopted the secular mantra, you can talk the talk, but fail to walk the walk.

Its all about trust, Hindus have more trust on Sikhs then Muslims and I am waiting for the day a Muslim will be a Army general in Indian Army but I think that day will never come.
Pakistan is not a Secular country just like Israel (both made on religious grounds) so don't compare it with India as it clams to be Secular.

So it is IDOLATOR vs FUNDAMENTALIST is it? That how you see the world? And dont talk of secularism, we are trying but you dont know what it means.

Its all about trust, Hindus have more trust on Sikhs then Muslims and I am waiting for the day a Muslim will be a Army general in Indian Army but I think that day will never come. .
Pakistan is not a Secular country just like Israel (both made on religious grounds) so don't compare it with India.

What about kalishtan moment.

I think Army General is still control by President and not to mention Kalam was president of India.

One of the Chief of Air Force - Idris Hasan Latif - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

At the time of partition India and Pakistan both had around 10% minority. Now India had around 13% while Pakistan nearly 2-3%.

So it is IDOLATOR vs FUNDAMENTALIST is it? That how you see the world? And dont talk of secularism, we are trying but you dont know what it means.

i think this is what you want to infer.

someone who knows about secularism will have something constructive to say about the article i posted, i wont hold my breath (however you can :)).

i think this is what you want to infer.

someone who knows about secularism will have something constructive to say about the article i posted, i wont hold my breath (however you can :)).

If you think, one article can prove whether India is secular or not, then just sleep at home.

Its all about trust, Hindus have more trust on Sikhs then Muslims and I am waiting for the day a Muslim will be a Army general in Indian Army but I think that day will never come.
Pakistan is not a Secular country just like Israel (both made on religious grounds) so don't compare it with India as it clams to be Secular.

Agree with you - don't compare Pak and India , they are different nations with different declared policies and play in entirely different leagues on a global scale , any comparison on religious or social policies is meaningless.

Also concur that there is a trust deficit between hindus and muslims in Indian society and obviously that reflects in certain spheres , there is nothing to be ashamed of in that - when there are different cultures , there is a mis-match always. Take Shias and Sunni's for example , both muslims but still blow each other up with alarming regularity.

Coming to topic , as far as religious discrimination is concerned I have not heard of anything from IA towards Muslims , if any of you have then please bring it forward for debate , needless arguing goes nowhere.

But if you still think that its biased in India then you are wrong..... It should be a shame for the community that they are more interested in terrorism rather than protecting their motherland......(no irony intended but its the best answer)

India is a secular country and citizens enter the army by choice and not force.......

Are you a sanghi or a secularist, clear this first. Ok few youths going towards terror tactics but who are the culprits, the devils who are pushing them towards the path of revenge. Does your memory remember Advanis Modis, Thackrays, The unending anti muslim riots in post independenet India. They will not offer you flowers. World knows thw beaurocracy in India is almost controlled by fascist Hindutva forces and they dont want muslims in sensitive department of India and you like those fascist telling us that they are more interested in terror?
First clean your ****** mind,

Back
Top Bottom