What's new

Indian army to upgrade infantry weapons (New Assault Rifle)

But even russian defence analysts have reservations on the new ak.

I'd still put my faith in the granddaddy of all weapons in its new avatar:

800px-AK-12_Engineering_technologies_international_forum_-_2012_01.jpg

Simply because it is:

- Strong

- Lethal

- Durable

- Much more accurate (than other AK variants)

- Familiar

- Requires minimal maintenance

- Dependable even when shyte hits the fan.

So sad to see we going for fancy looking rifles at such high prices when AK is already a weapon of choice by troops in our troubled zones.

AK-12 is the latest variant of the series and still retains the ever-dependable qualities of what makes Kalashnikov the best of the best.

I'd still put my faith in the granddaddy of all weapons in its new avatar:

800px-AK-12_Engineering_technologies_international_forum_-_2012_01.jpg

Simply because it is:

- Strong

- Lethal

- Durable

- Much more accurate (than other AK variants)

- Familiar

- Requires minimal maintenance

- Dependable even when shyte hits the fan.

So sad to see we going for fancy looking rifles at such high prices when AK is already a weapon of choice by troops in our troubled zones.

AK-12 is the latest variant of the series and still retains the ever-dependable qualities of what makes Kalashnikov the best of the best.

AFAIK it doesn't offer multi-calibre functionality and isn't even in the running to be the next gen rifle for the IA.

AFAIK it doesn't offer multi-calibre functionality and isn't even in the running to be the next gen rifle for the IA.
dude.....it offers barrel conversions...supports calibres 7.62x51mm, 7.62x39mm, 5.56x45mm and 5.45x39mm

also. u have interchangeable barrels for different lengths ...
AK-12_Kaliber.jpg

This is pathetic. We need to import guns from tiny countries. I am ashamed to be an Indian.

This is pathetic. We need to import guns from tiny countries. I am ashamed to be an Indian.

The problem with state run firms is that they know that they can get pass even if they don't make worth while guns or planes since they can buy them from other countries while in case of missiles and other sensitive technology they know that if they don't develop them then thier a$$e$ would be on line. The best thing to do is to have either private companies take part or have more than two state run organization running against each other to win defense contracts.

The problem with state run firms is that they know that they can get pass even if they don't make worth while guns or planes since they can buy them from other countries while in case of missiles and other sensitive technology they know that if they don't develop them then thier a$$e$ would be on line. The best thing to do is to have either private companies take part or have more than two state run organization running against each other to win defense contracts.
Yes I agree with you but no private cos will try to build one because govt is not creating a private defence environment. Its just sad to see this happening. We r such idiots. Give private a chance and see what happens. Our govt lacks vision and army just wants kick backs.

Come on mate, you know IA; it is the worst in the Indian military when it comes to meeting the actual demand of its troops.

But even russian defence analysts have reservations on the new ak.

Most fo those who lobby against the AKs are idiots who say that the terrorists worldwide have "given a bad name"to the AK and hence it should be replaced.

WTF!?

Is the Kalashnikov a ramp model that needs to worry about image? Or is it some film star?

It is an assault rifle, a tool and a weapon to kill. And it does that the best.

Those who ridicule Kalashnikov must first have the credibility themselves to deliver a cheaper, more durable, more reliable rifle themselves.

Oh wait.. there's none.

Come on mate, you know IA; it is the worst in the Indian military when it comes to meeting the actual demand of its troops.

Things change, the IA has internally tried to renew its mindset and reset itself. I don't see a reason why the thinking of old would still apply today.

Even Singapore which is a city state makes its own infantry guns. What A SHAME!! Looser.

it's not a question of capability rather the urgency they find themselves as a stop gap for at least a decade out. unfortunately for you guys, you don't have the luxury to wait, to go from accepted prototype to mass productions.

Man the ARK-160 is an insanley good weapon, watch the entire vid:

After watching this it is not hard to see why the INSAS has been discarded. The INSAS i(especially its later variants) is a good weapon but when compared to the likes of the ARX, the ARK it is just on another planet!

Last edited by a moderator:
guys you all are over reacting,india will not be at a strategic disadvantage if it doesnt design small arms unless it manufactures them...........for all who are talking about india buying small arms from small nations ,even the US the only true super power in its individual carbine competition is considering more foreign designs( 3local,3 foreign designs)
Individual Carbine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
so its likely that they will go for foreign ones and even if they go its not a shame because they will manufacture it in the US but its sad that there are no local bids in the IA competition....

Ok guys, every man in the IA will have this set up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wat happened to INSAS? Or is this another case of IA saying its not capable enough? Feel sad for you guys now

India just simply doesnt have the capability nor the infrastructure to make weapons, plain & simple

Back
Top Bottom