What's new

Indian army to upgrade infantry weapons (New Assault Rifle)

Whats wrong with these guns that cannot be rectified? ppl say IA had quality issues, how importing design from outside and manufacturing in OFB will solve the problem?

How many rectification and modification can u make in a bajaj scooter to make it at par with R15 bike.

Wat happened to INSAS? Or is this another case of IA saying its not capable enough? Feel sad for you guys now

India just simply doesnt have the capability nor the infrastructure to make weapons, plain & simple

me too. We r not as great as u. :( shame on us. Boo hooo hoo.

DRDO's new Multi caliber individual weapon system
Probably replacing INSAS in coming years

fig4-mciw.jpg
fig5-mciw.jpg

@Water Car Engineer
[URL='https://defence.pk/members/acetophenol.37301/']@
acetophenol @
[URL='https://defence.pk/members/abingdonboy.28303/']Abingdonboy

[/URL]

[/URL]

The MCIWS looks so armalite like,hope it doesn't prove to be a maintenance like the armalite series.

DRDO's new Multi caliber individual weapon system
Probably replacing INSAS in coming years

fig4-mciw.jpg
fig5-mciw.jpg

@Water Car Engineer
@acetophenol @
Abingdonboy
https://defence.pk/members/acetophenol.37301/
@Chola warrior this deserves its own thread! If true this is a pretty mammoth bit of news- this will be the IA's new standard-issue rifle!

Doesn't look too bad, seems to be a mix between the Galil, INSAS (which itself is a mix of certain rifles) and M4. Seems to cover all the bases- P-rails, collapsable/adjustable butt,use of polymer, UBGL from the outset. It's a definite evolution of the INSAS which just goes to show how these R&D projects have long-term benefits.

Would love to see more of this weapon.

Interestingly it was said the MICWS would be a bull-pup design and even some renders had shown this. I think this more traditional approach is the better way to go for the standard infantry though.

I think these images are of this rifle
Broadsword: What carbine is that? Take a guess....
No they aren't sir- that is the MSMC, a separate product.

The MCIWS looks so armalite like,hope it doesn't prove to be a maintenance like the armalite series.
What does that even mean? 99% of the non-bullpup design rifles available today look like the Armalite series- does this mean anything? You can't judge how a rifle performs just by looking at it.

What does that even mean? 99% of the non-bullpup design rifles available today look like the Armalite series- does this mean anything? You can't judge how a rifle performs just by looking at it.
Woah!! woah !!Calm down,its just a casual remark about the stark resemblance to the armalite resemblance.

Woah!! woah !!Calm down,its just a casual remark about the stark resemblance to the armalite resemblance.
I'm aware it's just when people make such judgments without knowing really anything it bugs me. To say it bares a certain resemblance to another product is one thing but to infer it will consequently perform in the same way is a bridge too far.

'm aware it's just when people make such judgments without knowing really anything it bugs me. To say it bares a certain resemblance to another product is one thing but to infer it will consequently perform in the same way is a bridge too far.
It's just stating my view that I don't wish to see a maintenance queen of a gun,the IA soldiers like guns that dont take too much maintenance.That is all.

It's just stating my view that I don't wish to see a maintenance queen of a gun,the IA soldiers like guns that dont take too much maintenance.That is all.
Well you could have said it like this initially mate. But the way you implied there where inherent issues with the weapon because of certain superficial similarity with another rifle was just not on IMHO.

Well you could have said it like this initially mate. But the way you implied there where inherent issues with the weapon because of certain superficial similarity with another rifle was just not on IMHO.
I am sorry then,my remark was towards the armalite series poor reliability.

@Chola warrior this deserves its own thread! If true this is a pretty mammoth bit of news- this will be the IA's new standard-issue rifle!

I was not able to start new thread and didn't find any option for that
so i posted here....I use to search for this news almost everyday since the development began....im the most happiest :yahoo: if it gets into service

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom