What's new

Indian Army to place order for 72,000 American assault rifles

Lowest prices in tender, urgent needs, and a big chunk of corruption. this is the best they can get. Current Indian made Rilfe insas se kutta bhi nahi marta

Didn't India get a license from Russia for some of the newer AK variants?

Inferiority complex is driving Indians mad. Whatever they think they have is not worth having and whatever they were building before is practically not worth making - e.g. Insas.

Recall pre-Modi era, only 6-7 years ago Indians used to position themselves for the stature of a superpower. Now after getting beaten like b*ches in Ladakh and destroying their confidence, everything they "make", "have and "are" is not enough anymore. It is not possible but given the opportunity, Indians would want to change their blood for something "foreign-made".

@Zapper dont you think there should be commonality of weapon in IA? I am not sure why go for another type of rifle when you already are going to license produce AKs.

Also why there is so much confusion regarding a simple issue?

@Zapper dont you think there should be commonality of weapon in IA? I am not sure why go for another type of rifle when you already are going to license produce AKs.

Also why there is so much confusion regarding a simple issue?
The AK-203 deal is kinda stuck and MoD is still tryna figure out pricing. We got the Sig-716 for $1k while the JV between OFB and Kalashnikov quoted $1k as well for license produced AK-203's. What's the point of paying the same price if we're getting a superior rifle like the Sig-716

Secondly, the initial order for 72k Sig-716's was to equip some of the frontline units deployed in the valley. I believe this new order for additional 72k is for LAC while AK-203 is for equipping the bulk of IA troops replacing the INSAS. I don't expect to see anymore Sig orders but if MoD doesn't get a favorable price, AK deal might not go through

Bangalore based SSS defence has come up with new rifles which looks promising. Their snipers are currently in testing with NSG & Para SF. I seriously hope the AK deal falls apart and IA goes with SSS Defence's P72 AR & Carbine

Assault-Rifle1-1.jpeg

EQTFB_eUEAAYaE6.jpg

20200207_122303.jpg

The AK-203 deal is kinda stuck and MoD is still tryna figure out pricing. We got the Sig-716 for $1k while the JV between OFB and Kalashnikov quoted $1k as well for license produced AK-203's. What's the point of paying the same price if we're getting a superior rifle like the Sig-716
Interesting. Sig in $1k is a good deal while AKs are expensive than i thought.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom