What's new

Indian Army tender procurement of more than 40,000 carbines

ChineseTiger1986

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
China
Indian Army tender procurement of more than 40,000 carbines and tens of millions of rounds of ammunition

Site March 15, 2012 will be held in June 2012, the comprehensive report, the Indian Army carbines of the four bidding companies to test, and ultimately selected a company to provide 44618 5.56 mm close-combat carbine and 33.6 million rounds of bullets. ultimately replace its active-duty 9 mm carbine. these four companies are: U.S. Colt, Sig Sauer (USA) Inc., the Israeli arms industry and the Italian Beretta company, they provide the carbine will be located in infantry school in India and Central Farm Hao (Mhow), Rajasthan desert environment and the high altitude test.

Indian Army will be its final selection of company signed a contract worth $ 400,000,000 (200 billion rupees) contract, the company will also transfer of technology to the Indian arsenal Commission. India the arsenal Commission will produce 380 000 400 000 carbine for the Indian Army and Indian paramilitary forces and national police forces in accordance with the provisions of the Indian defense acquisition program >> This contract will also include the terms of the trade remedies, trade and the amount of compensation will be 30% of the entire contract amount.

The requirements include: Indian Army carbine weighs less than 3 kg, rate of fire of 600 rounds / min; the minimum effective range of 200 meters; equipped with Picatinny rail, rail is installed on the reflection and passive night vision sights, visible and invisible laser pointer as well as multi-purpose detachable bayonet.

Indian Army tender procurement of more than 40,000 carbines and tens of millions of rounds of ammunition - Military News

No flamebait intended, but i am just curious why India doesn't want to support its indigenous firearm industry. :coffee:

sorry we are asking ourselves the same question, dont have an answer for it.
probably india does not or did not take indigenous prodn seriously. we should take a cue from u guys

This is RFP is to replace all the 9mm Stens in service- GOOD MOVE! Whilst a separate tender has been issued for assault rifles under F-INSAS program to replace the INSAS this is likely to be close to 2,000,000 as this tender is for IA and CAPFs.

No flamebait intended, but i am just curious why India doesn't want to support its indigenous firearm industry

The reason is the Indian armed forces demand the best possible equipment worldwide and if Indian companies can't deliver the best to the armed forces then they will not get orders, there is no point in subsidising or propping up poor industries and making the armed forces lethality suffer. India still has much to learn that is why offsets and ToT is so key these days. No offence, but otherwise IA will get somthing sub-par like the QBZ-95 which just does not compare with modern foreign rifles.

The reason is the Indian armed forces demand the best possible equipment worldwide and if Indian companies can't deliver the best to the armed forces then they will not get orders, there is no point in subsidising or propping up poor industries and making the armed forces lethality suffer. India still has much to learn that is why offsets and ToT is so key these days. No offence, but otherwise IA will get somthing sub-par like the QBZ-95 which just does not compare with modern foreign rifles.

^^^ A big problem is the huge bribes paid by foreign suppliers which the domestic industry cannot match.

good move, few days ago talks were going on that india is short of ammo. good step.

P.S- are we ordering some new generation artillery guns in near future or not???

This is RFP is to replace all the 9mm Stens in service- GOOD MOVE! Whilst a separate tender has been issued for assault rifles under F-INSAS program to replace the INSAS this is likely to be close to 2,000,000 as this tender is for IA and CAPFs.

There is no way Indian companies will deliver something state of art in the first run....Is is a surprise that one takes baby steps before running???.....

We cannot deny the fact that our attitude towards indigenous items is very pathetic...Arjun was one such product...Don't get me wrong here...I also want IA to have best of best...but there should be some effort to boost indigenous products...Even if IA has to lower down their expectations(not in an insane manner) they should because lot of glitches/shortcomings are perfected right in the production house and real time feedback from the end-users...The more we depend upon foreign weapons the more the chance we will loose a war even if militarily we won it...

There is no way Indian companies will deliver something state of art in the first run....Is is a surprise that one takes baby steps before running???.....

We cannot deny the fact that our attitude towards indigenous items is very pathetic...Arjun was one such product...Don't get me wrong here...I also want IA to have best of best...but there should be some effort to boost indigenous products...Even if IA has to lower down their expectations(not in an insane manner) they should because lot of glitches/shortcomings are perfected right in the production house and real time feedback from the end-users...The more we depend upon foreign weapons the more the chance we will loose a war even if militarily we won it...

A re think is definitely required, I also think India's indigenous prodn was at the hands of the public sector companies who were pretty useless. We should have allowed private players/foreign firms to collaborate with Indian companies to begin Indian production of firearms. I think the govt tried to protect the PSU's for far too long unnecessarily.

No flamebait intended, but i am just curious why India doesn't want to support its indigenous firearm industry. :coffee:

You don't do flamebaiting from what I've seen.

About why it doesn't support its indigenous... Idk..

And it's not like they weren't doing anything either.

With the experience of INSAS, they branched out.

Ajai+with+carbine+broadsword.jpg

Submachine gun - Carbine

INSAS+rifle+INSAS+Standard+rifle+%25285.56+mm%2529+%2528Foldable+Butt%2529+INSAS+LMG+5.56+mm+KALANTAK+5.56+mm+micro+assault+rifle+Modern+Sub+Machine+Carbine+Indian+Small+Arms+System+%25282%2529.jpg

Submachine gun

r556kalantak07foldableb.jpg

INSAS Carbine

You don't do flamebaiting from what I've seen.

About why it doesn't support its indigenous... Idk..

And it's not like they weren't doing anything either.

With the experience of INSAS, they branched out.

Ajai+with+carbine+broadsword.jpg

Submachine gun - Carbine

INSAS+rifle+INSAS+Standard+rifle+%25285.56+mm%2529+%2528Foldable+Butt%2529+INSAS+LMG+5.56+mm+KALANTAK+5.56+mm+micro+assault+rifle+Modern+Sub+Machine+Carbine+Indian+Small+Arms+System+%25282%2529.jpg

Submachine gun

r556kalantak07foldableb.jpg

INSAS Carbine

What's the problem with INSAS AR??It does pack a very powerful punch when compared to other ARs of its callibre.Besides,it's far cheaper,can be fitted with UBGLs and MARS sight,passive infrared sights etc available from OFB.INSAS AR is doing a very good job.

i dont think any Indian made rifle/carbine should be allowed for use into armed forces or paramilitary/police units until it is proven through vigorous testing do you know how many soldiers in Kargil had to use there INSAS rifles like clubs because they either jammed or failed right in the middle of combat? there are even stories of IA jawans picking up enemy AK's and then using those instead of the INSAS.

i dont think any Indian made rifle/carbine should be allowed for use into armed forces or paramilitary/police units until it is proven through vigorous testing do you know how many soldiers in Kargil had to use there INSAS rifles like clubs because they either jammed or failed right in the middle of combat? there are even stories of IA jawans picking up enemy AK's and then using those instead of the INSAS.

Even the M 16s had been jammed during Vietnam war,did the USMC discard them??NO.
Then why should we replace the INSAS when they are working fine??And name a single 5.56mm NATO assault rifle that costs only 400 $ peq piece.

No offence, but otherwise IA will get somthing sub-par like the QBZ-95 which just does not compare with modern foreign rifles.

Do you have anything to back up that claim? As far as I know the only downside of the QBZ-95 is that's it's not ambidextrous.

Does anybody knows which carbines are participating ??

1. Colt ACC-M (Advanced Colt Carbine-Monolithic)

LinkClick.aspx

2. Sig Sauer 556

SIG-556-Classic-web-1.jpg

sigsauer.jpg

3. IWI X95 (May be Ace 21,31 or galil)

x9555moflash.jpg

4. Baretta CX4 Storm Carbine

beretta_cx4-3.jpg

Even the M 16s had been jammed during Vietnam war,did the USMC discard them??NO.
Then why should we replace the INSAS when they are working fine??And name a single 5.56mm NATO assault rifle that costs only 400 $ peq piece.

Look mate,no offenses..but would you carry a INSAS and go to a battle when you know it is a terrible rifle?

The Indian Army took the first step and armed all of its troops with INSAS and the result is in front of everyone who has used an INSAS or knows anyone who has used it.The thing is that it hasnt still being improved and the INSAS LMG is just a piece of crap.Whoever made that LMG i am 1000% sure doesnt know the need of an LMG in a battle.

INSAS not only gets jammed but believe me on this that i have heard soldiers saying that they shot at a terrorist with their INSAS and the terrorist got up and fired back at them...what would you call it now?I think its the most useless weapon in the Indian army..the SLR was a much better weapon than this and AK is incomparable inspite of being decadeds old.

If cheap is the thing then i would say AKs are the best.But we are missing a point here..its easy to sit in our AC bedrooms and talk about indigenisation but we are loosing good men in the battlefield who give their all to serve the nation.They deserve better and i am not asking for cool uniforms and gear..just 3 things...a good rifle,a good helmet and a good bulletproof..thatsit.

Those of them designing the product sitting in big cities if cant do their work properly should not blame the Army for not choosing their product..its like the student blaming the teacher for failing in an exam where it was his fault.

Suggest people here to interact with the army guys and know the truth..i am sure they are friendly and would share their experiences with those who think it is a very good weapon.

most of the deaths that occurred on the Indian side in the Kargil war had to do with when the rifle jammed or failed in the middle of combat the IA has also felt dissatisfied with the camo its bright orange camo is unsuitable for conflict especially in the mountains of Kashmir its no wonder why RR and IA jawans in J&K are now using Czech or Bulgarian AK's

Back
Top Bottom