What's new

Indian Army shows interest in light tanks for defense along Chinese border

For The kind of insult he has done to my country, what I'm subjecting him is very less he deserves more.

Well, My friend that's "exactly" what he wants u to do. ( Read : "Attention" )

But Trust me, All he deserves is "Ignore" nothing less , nothing more. There are many good posters who will give u knowledge if u really seek the same. Its a nice place, better add something good rather wasting your time on such "Elite" members.

This is a madarasa for people who can become submarine expert, scientist in NASA, automobile expert without doing mechanical or automobile engineering. Real Engineers getting banned. Those who are controlling it have selective blindness. Same thing is happening with Pakistan. They are not hearing to sane voice. I come for only defence news, nothing else is worth here
That traitor left the discussion by keeping his tail in-between his legs.

Indian_Army_Tank_Ex_in_parade.jpg

Well, you guys still operate over 900 or so Type 85s which are Chinese copies of T 54s with their original D 10T main guns.So our T 55s with their L7 105 high-velocity guns (at least 15% more powerful than the D10T) and the same level of armor protection should fare favorably, as should the upgraded Vickers.

I don't like going so much deep to explain anything to people without any knowledge but don't worry i am gonna favour you by doing so. Pakistan don't use 900 type 85. Pakistan actually ordered 300 Type 85AP which was later upgraded to Type 85lll standard with 1000 hp engine and was manufactured and upgraded in Pakistan at heavy Industries Taxila. Secondly Pakistan upgrade 600 Al Zarrar which was upgraded at heavy industries taxila and is a new tank made from old t-59. Thirdly Pakistan operate only 200 type 59 which were upgraded to type 59G and operates very well on our borders with Afghanistan because Afghan tanks are as bad as hell so Type 59G is very powerful there.

The actual t-54s which were came into production a decade before t-59s are dead now and what can you expect from a tank 60 years old to do? Those t-59s are only in reserve storage not operational.

Nah, the number of T 90s is likely to be far higher than that since none of the estimates account for the license produced T 90S which are being manufactured by OFB!!The 800 or so is the number of systems we bought directly from the Russians.

Actual number is 850 and above it 464 are on order but no delivered.

The problems are being sorted out as we speak as spares are being acquired now.

Its been years & years since problems in Arjun tanks are being sorted out in the same way its being sorted out in Tejas :D :D

Indian Army to Get Light Tanks Suitable for Quick Deployment at China Border

3_img126917104300.jpg

https://sputniknews.com/asia/201709251057676309-india-light-tanks/

If imports are chosen over indigenous production for an immediate requirement, Russia’s 2S25M Sprut-SDM could be India’s first choice for light tanks as they have similar qualities as that of Indian Army’s main battle tanks T-90MS.

New Delhi (Sputnik) — India’s Ministry of Defense has initiated the process of acquiring light battle tanks which can be easily air-lifted to the mountainous ranges near the border with China. The Indian Army has been asked to formulate requirements for a light tank weighing up to 25 ton.

This development can be viewed in the light of the recent trial of 35-ton Xinqingtan light tank by China in the Tibetan Plateau. It is also an addition to the preparation being made by the Indian Army for acquiring fourth-generation warfare capability.

“There are two problems for transportation and operation of tanks on the China border. Firstly the road classification, that is load bearing capacity of the road infrastructure, is poor thus preventing deployment of heavier tanks (T-72, Arjun and T-90); secondly, the space available for exploitation is also limited to certain pockets,” Rahul Bhonsle, a retired brigadier, and Delhi-based defense analyst told to Sputnik.

During the 73-day Doklam stand-off with India where more than 12000 PLA troops, 150 tanks, and artillery guns were reportedly involved, Beijing had displayed its capability to move tanks quickly near the Indian border. This has forced Indian military to revive its eight-year-old plan which was shelved in 2009 after detailed deliberation on technical requirement. The proposed light tanks will be capable of operating at heights of more than 3000 meters of Himalayan terrain, according to an official of Indian defense ministry.

“A light tank preferably should be 20-25 tons but also have the necessary armored protection and firepower capability to be of operational utility,” Bhonsle explained.

India’s state-owned Defense Research and Development Organization (DRDO) had been developing a light tank. If the project is taken forward, India would be manufacturing light tanks based on the indigenous technology. However, if the Indian Army sends in an urgent request, such tanks are likely to be purchased from Russia as India has already exhibited interest in Russia’s 2S25M Sprut-SDM that is based on a chassis using the technology of BMD-4M and has fire control elements of the T-90MS main battle tank.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom