What's new

Indian Army shot Pakistani officers, after calling flag meeting

@Oscar @Irfan Baloch @karan.1970

My read of the situation, from the quote attributed to the Rangers Spokesperson in the Pakistani media and BSF Spokespersons in The Hindu is that a Flag Meeting was arranged to discuss the earlier exchange of fire between the two sides that resulted in a BSF soldier being killed. Pakistan agreed, the firing stopped and the time for the flag meeting was coming up and that is when 2 soldiers from the Pakistan Rangers were martyred close to the zero line.

The Pakistani side is angry because more than likely the 2 Rangers soldiers would not have been patrolling the location they were had it not been for the fact that both sides had agreed to the Flag Meeting to discuss the earlier exchange of fire, which both sides consider a signal to order their troops to 'back down and hold fire' until after the Flag Meeting. The BSF is itself admitting that the Rangers were killed by the 'Zero Line', which would obviously require the two sides to agree to hold fire in order for Pakistan to retrieve their bodies.

The death of the 2 Rangers can therefore be categorized as being 'cowardly' and a 'sucker punch'. Also, different BSF spokespersons are contradicting themselves, which in turn leads me to believe that the BSF is in fact giving a propaganda spin to the whole situation to cover up for its soldiers on the ground who may or may not have acted without approval from their superiors, once the Flag Meeting was called and accepted.

Two Rangers personnel killed by Indian BSF in Shakargarh – The Express Tribune
Ceasefire violation on LoC: BSF jawan killed - The Hindu
The Border Security Force (BSF) killed at least two Pakistan Rangers in retaliatory gunfire on Wednesday after one of its personnel was killed in Pakistani firing in the Samba sector of Jammu and Kashmir, BSF sources said.

“One jawan identified as Ram Singh of the 9th Battalion of the BSF was killed and another Sunil Kumar sustained injuries. BSF troops retaliated and killed two Pakistani soldiers,” BSF spokesperson and DIG Dhamender Pareek told The Hindu.

However, a PTI report from Jammu quoted BSF Inspector-General Rakesh Sharma as saying four Pakistan Rangers had died. As the Pakistan Rangers suffered casualties, they waved white flags asking the BSF to stop firing so that they could remove the bodies of their men, he said. “Honouring their request, we stopped firing and allowed them to come to the border line and take away the bodies,” Mr. Sharma said, adding, “firing along the border line has now stopped.”

Unfortunately I don't know either of the two languages so I can't really say what was what; would have to learn some basic words in Koshur from the cousins someday but then they're more attuned to their Kashmiri cultural and linguistic roots whereas I've always identified myself with Punjabi culture and linguistics ! :smokin:
Being comfortable is what counts. :tup: My accent in Hindi is unmistakable, so in other's company I stick to English. :D

Being comfortable is what counts. :tup: My accent in Hindi is unmistakable, so in other's company I stick to English. :D

Bhai maaaaf kar deiii; even in Hindi I don't think anyone says 'Sai-e-jul-jalaal' ! :disagree:

This is what Bengalis do who can't separate their Zs from their Js ! o_O

The Border Security Force (BSF) killed at least two Pakistan Rangers in retaliatory gunfire on Wednesday after one of its personnel was killed in Pakistani firing in the Samba sector of Jammu and Kashmir, BSF sources said.

“One jawan identified as Ram Singh of the 9th Battalion of the BSF was killed and another Sunil Kumar sustained injuries. BSF troops retaliated and killed two Pakistani soldiers,” BSF spokesperson and DIG Dhamender Pareek told The Hindu.

However, a PTI report from Jammu quoted BSF Inspector-General Rakesh Sharma as saying four Pakistan Rangers had died. As the Pakistan Rangers suffered casualties, they waved white flags asking the BSF to stop firing so that they could remove the bodies of their men, he said. “Honouring their request, we stopped firing and allowed them to come to the border line and take away the bodies,” Mr. Sharma said, adding, “firing along the border line has now stopped.”

That is what I was pointing out - different BSF spokespersons are contradicting themselves and giving different accounts of the situation, which supports the argument that a propaganda spin is being given to the whole situation.

An acceptance of a Flag Meeting by both sides is considered a signal to halt the firing until the meeting is over. The second BSF official quoted above is also confirming that the 2 Rangers personnel were killed close to the border, where they would not have had cover, and where they would not have been patrolling had the Flag Meeting not been accepted and the firing from both sides been continuing.

This is what Bengalis do who can't separate their Zs from their Js ! o_O
Always wondered why so many Indian's can't make the 'Z' sound and substitute it with 'J' - do the Bengalis or others not have the 'Z' sound in their alphabet, like the Arabs don't have the 'P' sound?

That is what I was pointing out - different BSF spokespersons are contradicting themselves and giving different accounts of the situation, which supports the argument that a propaganda spin is being given to the whole situation. An acceptance of a Flag Meeting by both sides is considered a signal to halt the firing until the meeting is over. The second BSF official quoted above is also confirming that the 2 Rangers personnel were killed close to the border, where they would not have had cover, and where they would not have been patrolling had the Flag Meeting not been accepted and the firing from both sides been continuing.

Always wondered why so many Indian's can't make the 'Z' sound and substitute it with 'J' - do the Bengalis or others not have the 'Z' sound in their alphabet, like the Arabs don't have the 'P' sound?

go for this version .. which I posted. the most reliable.

ur greatly mistaken if you think u've ended it......
Our soldiers will take care of that!!

ur greatly mistaken if you think u've ended it......
They have been saying that since Modi took over, supposedly Modi had 'shut up Pakistan'.

The continuing exchanges of fire and casualties on both sides make clear that no one has shut anyone up, so let some of the Indians bask in their false bravado and chest thumping. A planet-hopping space ship with cosmic weapons and plastic surgery abilities is going to come by to take them to distant worlds per their government in any case ...

BTW I love it how you are changing the barometer of truth. Suddenly, the ISPR has become the authentic source. Previously, it was DAWN which was loved by Indians for putting in their arguments...and ISPR which was lambasted as being biased.
You guys need to stop jumping at shadows... Never said ISPR is the authentic source. They are known to lie thru their teeth a lot of times. Just checking on their stance on this development.

Okay karan don't mind us we are wrong according to you. But your media which report Pakistan more than our media and are waiting for a news to bad mouth Pakistan hasn't reported any thing or complained about it.
Our media is publishing the Indian version of the situation. Which clearly calls out that Pakistani rangers (RIP) were killed in retaliatory fire

Not too well versed with the flag meeting protocols, but is it normal to have a Naik (Sergeant) as the senior most person in a flag meeting ?

The version you posted quotes the two different accounts from two different BSF spokespersons.
Isnt the 2 accounts are at different times?

Sorry dont wanna sound cruel, but u asked for it Than don't coming out crying if more headless bodies are found...
That's lame. Are you accepting the PA was involved in beheadings ?

The version you posted quotes the two different accounts from two different BSF spokespersons.
that's the number story.. forget that.

the point is India did not fire on the soldiers while they were carrying the bodies of deceased soldiers.

Isnt the 2 accounts are at different times?
Doesn't appear to be, and the Pakistani version of events (minus the Flag Meeting aspect and who shot who first) lines up with the first BSF spokesperson quoted, and also with the second (except for the casualty count).

the point is India did not fire on the soldiers while they were carrying the bodies of deceased soldiers.
The problem is that the BSF fired on soldiers patrolling close to the border when the Flag Meeting had been proposed and accepted by both sides, which is a signal for both sides to halt firing until after the meet.

Once the BSF shot the 2 soldiers patrolling by the border, firing from both sides would have resumed and Pakistan would have had to call for a cessation in order to recover the bodies lying in the open without cover - the latter is just common sense and is being used as horrible propaganda by the Indian media and BSF. Some Cosmic, Force Field protected space-ship is not going to come down and retrieve the bodies lying out in the open, obviously the side that needs to reclaim the bodies is going to ask for a cessation of hostilities.

Where the BSF is out of line is in violating the ceasefire and shooting at the Rangers once the Flag Meeting was accepted and perhaps just minutes away.

Back
Top Bottom