What's new

Indian Army post ambushed along LoC, casualties feared

Status
Not open for further replies.
AMMU: Pakistani troops attacked an Indian post along the Line of Control in the Poonch sector in Jammu and Kashmir late on Monday night, killing five Indian soldiers.

Defence sources said on Tuesday the Pakistani soldiers intruded into the Indian territory past midnight and ambushed the Sarla post on the Indian side of the LoC.

Five Indian soldiers were killed, the sources said. Chief minister Omar Abdullah tweeted, "(I) was briefed early this morning about the news that five of our soldiers had been killed on the LoC. My heartfelt condolences to their next of kin.

"These incidents don't help efforts to normalise or even improve relations with Pak and call in to question the Pak Govt's recent overtures," he said.

Army Chief Gen Bikram Singh is taking stock of the situation, Army sources said in Delhi.

The incident could cast a shadow on the resumption of the Indo-Pak dialogue process expected later this month. Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and his Pakistani counterpart Nawaz Sharif are slated to meet in New York next month on the sidelines of the UN General Assembly session.

The incident comes hours after a BSF jawan was injured in firing from across Indo-Pak border in Samba district of J&K.

"There was sniper firing from some persons at around 15:55 hours from Pakistan side along the international border (IB) at Narainpur border out post (BOP) area in Ramgarh sector," a senior BSF officer said.

Two rounds were fired from Pakistan side and the bullets hit head constable Ram Niwas Meena of 200 Battalion, he said.

On July 27, another BSF jawan was injured when Pakistani troops violated ceasefire twice in the space of 10 hours by targeting Indian posts along the Indo-Pak border in Poonch and Kathua districts.

The Pakistani troops had used mortars, RPGs and heavy machine guns leading to heavy firing exchanges.

On July 3, Pakistan violated ceasefire when it fired on cops, who had gone to LoC in Sabzian, Poonch to collect the body of a Pakistani intruder killed in an IED blast on July 1.

Pakistani troops fired on troops trying to evacuate injured porters after two were killed in IED attack by Pakistani militants along LoC in Poonch on July 8.

On July 12, Pakistani Rangers fired on Indian forward posts in Pindi belt along international border (IB) in Jammu district.

Pakistani troops opened small arms firing on Indian posts in forward area along LoC in Poonch district on the night of July 22.

Pak army violates ceasefire, kills 5 Indian soldiers at LoC - The Times of India

And before that??

You must notice its always the pakistanis who start this thing to take the attention of their citizens away from their internal failures because there is no greater binding force for pakistanis than hatered against indians and hindus. And how exactly you expect a government with a backbone would react when such an incident occurs??

Yeah thats true..... There is more to it... You read the above article...

We can not expect any action as hijede khangresis are in centre.
Terrorists, pokistn, china dnt need to worry. These hijedd khangresi ll not do anything. Becz dead soldiers don't belong to speical community.

This is exactly the type of things that both nations need to refrain from. Pakistan needs to keep it's military in check and India needs to keep it's politicians in check.

Shiv sena is a party which is more or less confined to mumbai.... and india isn't mumbai.... But then Shiv sena is hard core indian organisation..... It is normal that they respond this way....

Nothing conventional is required. We will use own proxies in Pakistan and have our revenge.

Sharif owes a lot to Punjab based terrorists, they will become more active, have more PA support in Kashmir etc. Indian government must return the lip service of Sharif, however must do every overt and covert move to defeat his efforts to fix Pakistan's economy. That's where the real non conventional war is. We must not do something silly to unite the warring Pakistani factions.

RIP to the soldiers who made the supreme sacrifice in the service of the nation. My salutes.

The root cause for these kind of events is kashmir issue.solve the kashmir and peace will come automatically

Aah the famous root cause. The root cause for supporting Taliban in Afghanistan is Kashmir, for sheltering Osama and dawood is Kashmir, for butchering Bengalis is Kashmir ... Yes sir Kashmir is the root cause!

Lets say Kashmir is the containment zone, and if a Pakistan lover such as yourself suffers for it, lets just say I have mixed feelings about it.

Shiv sena is a party which is more or less confined to mumbai.... and india isn't mumbai.... But then Shiv sena is hard core indian organisation..... It is normal that they respond this way....

Do they have any influence?

Still, my point stands, Indian politicians tend to be hawkish, while the Indian army tends to be more resistant to these situation. Quite the opposite with Pakistan, where it's the military that's hawkish and politicians that tend to be more resistant.

Guess we both have our problems, huh?

Someone needs to stand resposible for the the loss, the buck passing attitude is not going to help.
That does not mean the IA taking down 10 or 50 souls on the other side is the right reaction. Get those fu©k€d up political parties to guard the border for 1 hour and watch them comming up with ideas that will mezzmarize you.

This ambush happened 400 metres inside Indian side of LoC ,

Someone needs to stand resposible for the the loss, the buck passing attitude is not going to help.
That does not mean the IA taking down 10 or 50 souls on the other side is the right reaction. Get those fu©k€d up political parties to guard the border for 1 hour and watch them comming up with ideas that will mezzmarize you.

If not respond in the similar manner then Talks are the only way farward..!!! I hope these Politicians keep talking.

My friend, is there any other way that can make your army stop killing indian soldiers?? Unfortunately you religion only understands the language of violence and greater violence is the only thing that can stop islamic attack on non islamist. Tis islamic violence will only end with the end of islam itself. Till then the humanity has to bear the burden of the disease called islam on itself.

Please refrain from replying to me, I don't want to waste my time on people like you who preach nothing but hatred.
@WebMaster @Aeronaut

can't you guys do something about him?

Last edited by a moderator:
Not in national issues.. Compare them with the Pakistani fanboys on this forum who want to nuke India every time a civilian dies in Kashmir..

Still, my point stands, Indian politicians tend to be hawkish, while the Indian army tends to be more resistant to these situation. Quite the opposite with Pakistan, where it's the military that's hawkish and politicians that tend to be more resistant.

Its not the Indian politicians but Indian politicians in opposition who are hawkish against pakistan... Once they come to power, you see a Lahore Bus Yatra :)

Lets talk talk and more talk.....keep talking and more talkings!!

Nope the Sena is just a joke.
Yes, the political goons tend to be hawkish but do what suits them best to stay in power.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom