What's new

Indian Army gets Battle ready on Jaisalmer border with Pakistan.

So after Cold Start, Surgical Strikes, Hot Pursuits...... it's back to basics......Battle ready.

Isn't that what most armies are meant to be....monitor....be on guard....attack...repulse...... counter attack......carry out offensive ...etc. etc....all in a days work.

Actually, no. Its talk about cold start, surgical strikes, hot pursuits and then sit back and laugh while we realise there is no need for any of this under the current circumstances.:pop:

Wars been faught since universe were created.... Dark vs Light.... No one can stop war.... Annunaki's both half brothers ENKI AND ENLIL went to war with each other.... What is shocking is that they war inside india (now its india and pakistan).... Annunaki returning time is set. Its GOLDEN AGE.... from 21st december till next 3600 years.... i have got a feeling.... Nuke war is real.... Even in my dream i saw nuke war where nuke missiles were flying.... I saw this few times already in my sleep and it made me alot scared.... Golden age famous for long age and same time war.... They say bad people will die out in golden age by diseases, natural disasters and wars.... Many people going through natural disasters atm.... Floods are everywhere.... i have gotta feeling.... War is at the corner.... Its true....

Do you have a video of Chinese CIWS Type-730 while in testing phase ?? Any video of testing the new CIWS in the shape of FL-2000/3000 system, but still both systems are currently online and installed on the newer chinese frigates / ships. I can quote similarly many Chinese weapon systems which are in service or available for export which have no videos available while in testing phase.

If the Chinese are showing it in defence shows and saying its available for export, then it means they have tested it enough to have confidence to make it available for export.

And also the capabilities of lot of Chinese weapon systems are unknown, its not just the SY-400. Even Jane has added the item to its list.

SY-400 (China) - Jane's Strategic Weapon Systems

So ?? Atleast we will not be overrun or major part of Pakistan would be in Indian hands, better to have a nukes country side then to see it in enemy hands.

And if India launches a nuke strike in retaliation to pakistan doing a nuke strike on invading forces on its own country, then their bad, as we used nukes against an invading force on our own land and not on Indian land, for that India does a nuke strike, then i believe MAD will come into effect and both countries will get ruined.

Well any video of it firing or anything? coz all i see is CGI of this system.

So after Cold Start, Surgical Strikes, Hot Pursuits...... it's back to basics......Battle ready.

Isn't that what most armies are meant to be....monitor....be on guard....attack...repulse...... counter attack......carry out offensive ...etc. etc....all in a days work.

if you had an iota of knowledge what "cold start " means you would realize that this move is a part of cold start

Actually, no. Its talk about cold start, surgical strikes, hot pursuits and then sit back and laugh while we realise there is no need for any of this under the current circumstances.:pop:

Actually from 2002 experience, it's more a case of realising there is no appetite for any misadventure
Cost of standoff

The Indian cost for the buildup was 21,600 crore (US$3.91 billion), while the Pakistani cost was estimated to be $1.4 billion. Also it took India months to mobilize and lost 789 men in the process. Around 100 soldiers were killed in the initial phase of laying mines, another 250 were injured. The remaining casualties were a result of artillery duels with Pakistan and vehicle accidents.

if you had an iota of knowledge what "cold start " means you would realize that this move is a part of cold start

Tell me about it. :rolleyes:

Tell me about it. :rolleyes:

so lets start your class...

first tell me what cold start is.....you can google, use stuff from this forum also .....
then i shall guide you to the answer to your question

From what I learned, Nasr was developed for TWO purposes.
1. To give the message, that Pakistan has developed battlefield nukes, and is willing to lower the nuclear threshold...so that any "limited conflict under the nuclear umbrella" doesn't takes place.

Agree.

2. To minimize the visual signature of the delivery vehicle. If Nasr is mass-produced and is inducted as a heavy MBRL, there will be a lot of confusion as to which vehicle is carrying nuclear Nasrs.

Well Iron Dome won't go searching for nuke-laden Nasrs, it'll stay and move around with the invading
force only, any potential Nasr emplacements will be illuminated with various means (as I said above,
satellites, AWACS, Aerostats, C4ISR, and even powerful fighter radars in look-down mode, that, in addition
to ground-based long-range radars that can spot anything the size of a cricket ball from 400km away, like
SwordFish and GreenPine), all Iron Dome/David's Sling does is to take it out (to as much extent as possible),
wether its nuclear or not is secondary issue in that situation becoz even a non-nuclear Nasr is a threat and has
to be taken out anyway.

It should be kept in mind that the same warhead can be delivered by Abdali SRBM (180 km range) and Ghaznavi SRBM (290 km range). So there isn't any issue of range.

True, thanks for posting. While traditional ballistic missiles like these have longer range, they are
easier to intercept with the same system (ID/D'sS) anyway. It must be remembered that no land-based
target can evade detection and spring a surprise attack with all our surveillance/spy equipment
turned up on you.

Nasr is not purely Ballistic. Unlike Artillery shells, it is a Quasi-Ballistic missile and is maneuverable to some extent.

As I said Iron Dome doesn't take out everything and anything that comes (although multiple missiles
can yield better results of interception), it certainly reduces the chances & probability of a hit on the
projected target > an advancing tank column, for instance.

so lets start your class...

first tell me what cold start is.....you can google, use stuff from this forum also .....
then i shall guide you to the answer to your question

Go and do your home work kid, cold start is a dead horse.....besides, say hello to ....NASR. !!

2cqy14i.jpg

That's why you spend most of your time beating a dead horse?? Try to get some progress on
the FC-20 deal instead of commenting on CS.

The CS terminology was meant for home consumption, it may just float your boat, besides the topic here is not the FC-20.

Why Prahaar missile will give deadly edge
to India over Pak | Rediff.com

Ajai Shukla in New Delhi

Enough said......besides, push comes to shove, wouldn't even stand the heat.

The CS terminology was meant for home consumption, it may just float your boat, besides the topic here is not the FC-20.

And you divine that from..?

Enough said......besides, push comes to shove, wouldn't even stand the heat.

Thats it, downplaying the other guy's capability. Do you think the sun will save you now? If Prahaar
cannot, Nasr can't either!

And you divine that from..?

Thats it, downplaying the other guy's capability. Do you think the sun will save you now? If Prahaar
cannot, Nasr can't either!

Neither can.. because if Nasr has been used.. then a threshold is already crossed.. and there is no going back from that..for either side.
The reason why the USSR never invaded europe even though it had quadruple the amount of tanks, helicopters, aircraft and personell.. was that it knew that NATO would use tactical nuclear weapons to protect europe..and that would mean global nuclear war from the first tactical nuke dropped.
the same case rests with India and Pakistan, No amount of ABMs will change the fact that over 1.6 Billion people have a nuclear axe hanging over their head.

The only possibly way for India to actually act against Pakistan apart from the massive economic and diplomatic conflict it is waging and winning: to strike the final blow.. it needs to induce events that will allow it to hit pakistan without crossing the Nuclear threshold.
the two options it has are simple.
1. Precision strikes on militant targets both overtly and covertly ..and depending on the Pakistan Military knowing that even if it does respond it will face certain defeat in the future. PakMil will not respond knowing this fact..but the domestic repercussion would be severe to an already weakened Pakistan Military(Professionally,Militarily, Financially, Morally).

2. Induce and wait for events that will lead the US to attack and neutralize most of Pakistan's nuclear assets...and bet on the reaming nukes being neutralized by Precision strikes. India can absorb a Nuke or two... Pakistan cant.

Pakistan is investing more on the number of warheads, most of which are reported to be gun type.
There are no compelling evidence to suggest that Pakistan has successfully miniaturized the warheads enough to fit them on to her ballistic or cruise missiles. For the time it appears that it won't be feasible to mate these gun type nukes to the missile and they remain to be air dropped.

India on the other hand seems to be investing more on the R&D part, possibly on thermo nukes and MIRVs. It is yet not clear how far they have managed to wade through, in absence of any dual-use tech support from any of the P5s.

Hon Sir

I would respectfully disagree with you. Pakistan achieved the gun type nuke long back in the 80's during Zia ul Haq's era. Mirage aircraft were modified and to carry out an operation. Pakistan has reached this stage where it has a very modern missile program. Do you honestly believe that Pakistan would spend all these billions and bear the brunt of international community to just achieve a gun type solution. That itself would be unacceptable to the strategic high command and the DG would be fired from his job outright. Pakistan has been conducting cold tests since the end of late 1990's and the introduction of super computers have made the process even easier. Lack of nuke would have ensured a military strike from India post the 26/11 attacks. I can assure you that PA Generals are confident of mating a strategic nuke and delivering it to India. Under the leadership of Lt Gen Gillani whom i might add is a very fine officer, the assembling time has been brought down considerably. Thus, i would conclude by stating that please don't make the mistake of thinking that Pakistan does not has the capability to miniaturize her warheads.

Ho strategic deterrence did work in kargil war tha Vajpayee had shivered in his dhoti to keep the war localized and forced IA not to cross LOC.:D
You would be happy to know that was to support the Indian international stand that India is a peaceful power. It was deliberate to malign Pakistan. It was also successful.

vajpayee had again shivered in his dhoti in 2001 when he snt IA on 1 year picnic on border to show the world that only IA can lose 700+ men without fighting........:rofl:
You would also (maybe) like to know that there were indeed battles near the border, they were not reported in the media.

Then Manmohan singh feared immediately after 26/11 and loobbed 1000 page dossier across border and since then he has lobbing dossiers only
True that! I agree Manmohan has no gumption for war. He is a Pakistan lover.

Since you brought in alcohol, now i understand why its becoming too hard for you to understand what i just wrote.

Indian BMDs will protect Indian cities as a major objective, and as i said as we develop tactical nukes, the need to nuke an Indian city vanishes as tactical nukes give us the opportunity to nuke an invading force inside our own country and thus we can stop the war or atleast save ourselves by nuking any invading force inside Pakistan. Tactical nukes would be delivered by systems which would be fast and give hardly a few mins window/warning, most probably would never give a chance to any Indian BMD to respond. That is why Nasr missle system has been developed, its mobile & its missile is fast which will reach its target in few mins time without the missile ever leaving the atmosphere of the earth, rather its flight path would be very short, straight and to the point, only a mobile BMD system which is travelling with the invading formations / something which is protecting the formations right on the border will have a chance to intercept such systems from our side.
You make the typical mistake that every Pakistani Army general has always made when contending war with India. That India will play by the rules set by Pakistan.

You assume that India will differentiate between Strategic and Tactical nukes. You assume that maybe politicians in India will have some san(er?) minds prevail that will stop at having nukes lobbed at an advancing column.

India has unequivocally said that any nuclear attack on Indian forces anywhere would be considered as a nuclear strike on Indian mainland. So your development of Nassr becomes wasted in the nuclear context. If you want to lob some tactical nukes at advancing Indian forces in Pakistani territory, then you might as well lob all that you have at Indian cities because the response to both would be absolutely same.
While you can still continue to hope that India will differentiate between the two, this is a declared statement.

Neither can.. because if Nasr has been used.. then a threshold is already crossed.. and there is no going back from that..for either sid.....
The only possibly way for India to actually act against Pakistan apart from the massive economic and diplomatic conflict it is waging and winning: to strike the final blow.. it needs to induce events that will allow it to hit pakistan without crossing the Nuclear threshold.

Unfortunately for Pakistan, the best way to destroy Pakistan is not RAW or the Army; Pakistanis themselves seem to be more efficient at that.

It's not even amusing anymore.

Pity. :coffee:

Back
Top Bottom