What's new

Indian Army gets Battle ready on Jaisalmer border with Pakistan.

Truthfully the only real way to measure PA's and IA's new 21st century capabilities is to have at the least a minimum conventional war to give us a highlight of what either force is capable of. Data, stats, historical anecdotes are all good on paper actual war performance may be different. I personally wouldn't mind seeing such a war, I welcome it.

As for Pakistan's economy, it has steadily improved and people need to update their information though certain problems persist overall economic growth has risen.

All those hi fi words look good in news paper reports peacetime exercise etc.but when the real scenario comes everything goes haywire like in 2001 and after 2008.

LMFAO, this words look hi-fi to only two kind of people, those who do not have proper understanding of military tactics and second when they do not have a proper response.

Their is a saying in military circles about their strategies, they never proceed as planned, at the line of fire everything goes to haywire. And this is not only applicable to IA but each and every military around the world. if Indian offensive go haywire so is Pakistani defense.

About the dhoti of both Vajpayee and Manmohan, i agree with you, they shivered or may be pissed inside it because nobody exactly knows Pakistani nuclear response.

For the sake of protecting their image they can even turn a local small scale conflict into a nuclear war, yes Vajpayee never wished kargil war to spread beyond frontiers even though its your force which try to invade our territory,because he knew what an irresponsible state like Pakistan can do when blessed with the power of nukes and all your bravado because of India's declared no first use policy.

And response to the Mumbai attack's, it was not us who moved our military first, it was you, and the world was panicked about a nuclear war.

Now on topic, all this developments not at all focused on a war, they are not even thinking about a war. Now if you understand some hi-fi words, this development is akin to attrition warfare albeit without war.

Wishful thinking and total denial won't get you anywhere.

Why do you think we went through the trouble of building those Nuclear weapons ?

yes we remeber Benazir bhutto, we are even ready to eat grass for the sake of going nuke, if India did so.

who has the final authority to launch NUKES in Pakistan army?

is it possible that China gets its own rogue elements in the set up or buys out some of the PA army-men, and then during a hot conflict b/w India and Pakistan, USES them to Launch one or two nukes at India?

this was China or some other country can use Pakistan nukes to destroy India? (and Pakistan off course also. and the Chinese agent or the bought Pakistan army men will be enjoying luxury somewhere in China or other country, whereas India and Pakistan will go to MAD)

who has the final authority to launch NUKES in Pakistan army?

is it possible that China gets its own rogue elements in the set up or buys out some of the PA army-men, and then during a hot conflict b/w India and Pakistan, USES them to Launch one or two nukes at India?

this was China or some other country can use Pakistan nukes to destroy India? (and Pakistan off course also. and the Chinese agent or the bought Pakistan army men will be enjoying luxury somewhere in China or other country, whereas India and Pakistan will go to MAD)

Not possible. The decision maker is the National Command Authority, consisting of 10 top most civilian and military persons.
No one, I repeat, NO ONE can launch Pakistan's nukes without authorization. We have standard 2 man rule for decoding the Permissive Action Links at every level.

1. First, the preliminary clearance is made (authorized release of delivery vehicle, authorized release of the nuclear warhead, authorized insertion of the nuclear core).
2. The warheads are mated with their delivery vehicles with proper authorization.
3. The vehicle is launched/flown. During the flight, the nuclear warhead is armed at THREE levels, thereby providing self-destruct option till the last minute.
Authorization at each stage is provided by 2 men (different pairs for each stage).

Nobody in Pakistan wants a Radioactive Subcontinent. But the existence of a workable MAD scenario is the thing which is keeping both nations from tearing each other apart since 2000s.

But that means spending money....however it comes....you have to deploy or make forward base more strong....

Sir, anything new will cost you money....we know there won't be any war...not soon....but keeping these bases operational is itself money drainage...

That is what I think India will try at larger scale if it doesn't cost you that much.....

You will deploy according to your strategy but increasing and strengthening our forward bases requires more investment.

I remember an article where Indian BMD will cause Pakistan to make more nukes or conventional missiles. Such development in orderly fashion creates the situation India wants.

Little by little financial strain at every field is what India is aiming.

Try to follow how should you post from your senior members....it will be good for your understanding.:enjoy:

Nukes & Ballistic missiles are comparatively much cheaper if you look at having conventional force, which is costly at the acquisition stage and then to keep such a force maintained. And we are not gonna keep building nukes forever or want to reach the 1000 mark, when a certain desired level of nuke number is reached, we will stop and maintain that number and the usual replacements will happen to the ones which become too old or need to be replaced, same case with ballistic missiles, a certain figure will be achieved and then the force will be maintained or new force multipliers ballistic missiles in the shape of having multiple ballistic missiles on one vehicle would be sought and tried to be maintained. As time goes by, big ballistic missiles will be replaced with smaller ones and with cruise missile kind of stuff. Plus i don't think Pak will ever need to nuke any Indian city, with the advent of tactical nukes cities would not be targeted, rather the invading forces or the close to border troop locations may become the targets in future.

But we do need to spend on conventional strength and we need to do that smartly, get things which are force multipliers and give us the defensive boost that we need against an onslaught by Indian formations.

SY-400 Short-Range Ballistic Missile | Military-Today.com

Addition to Taimi & Icraus's posts , Rest is based on your imagination.

OMG:lol: what is pakistan planning to do with this fearful 400-km range ballistic missile?

Nukes & Ballistic missiles are comparatively much cheaper if you look at having conventional force, which is costly at the acquisition stage and then to keep such a force maintained. And we are not gonna keep building nukes forever or want to reach the 1000 mark, when a certain desired level of nuke number is reached, we will stop and maintain that number and the usual replacements will happen to the ones which become too old or need to be replaced, same case with ballistic missiles, a certain figure will be achieved and then the force will be maintained or new force multipliers ballistic missiles in the shape of having multiple ballistic missiles on one vehicle would be sought and tried to be maintained. As time goes by, big ballistic missiles will be replaced with smaller ones and with cruise missile kind of stuff. Plus i don't think Pak will ever need to nuke any Indian city, with the advent of tactical nukes cities would be targeted, rather the invading forces or the close to border troop locations may become the targets in future.

But we do need to spend on conventional strength and we need to do that smartly, get things which are force multipliers and give us the defensive boost that we need against an onslaught by Indian formations.

Increasing Ballistic Missile Defence in India will force pakistan to build more nukes to achieve the
same level of effectiveness, be at deterrence or attack.

Its like alcohol, y'know. At first a peg can rev you up like nothing else, but later on more quantity will
be needed to get the same level of kick. The effect wears off as you more and more used to it, and more
doses required to achieve a high, and it goes on until the liver gives out.

I read somewhere "If India makes a BMD with 80% kill probability, pakistan might need several hundred
more nukes to achieve the same effectiveness you had when India didn't deploy BMD, after that all India
only has to increase the probability by 10% and pakistan will have to spend a lot more money to again
achieve the same effectiveness with more nukes". Somewhat like that I think/

It really makes me sick that so many of you think of war as a video game wake up dummies it's real.. while both countries are trying to work towards differences and peace you guys get all excited of these types of articles and etc.. wake up kill the hate inside you and come towards peace whats wrong with you people .

Increasing Ballistic Missile Defence in India will force pakistan to build more nukes to achieve the

Its like alcohol, y'know. At first a peg can rev you up like nothing else, but later on more quantity will
be needed to get the same level of kick. The effect wears off as you more and more used to it, and more

I read somewhere "If India makes a BMD with 80% kill probability, pakistan might need several hundred
more nukes to achieve the same effectiveness you had when India didn't deploy BMD, after that all India
only has to increase the probability by 10% and pakistan will have to spend a lot more money to again

I don't know why you Indians see only one side of the coin. Tell me, is BMD free of cost? Isn't India spending a lot on its research?
It is an ARMS RACE. BOTH countries are spending.

I don't know why you Indians see only one side of the coin. Tell me, is BMD free of cost? Isn't India spending a lot on its research?
It is an ARMS RACE. BOTH countries are spending.

How can you be so...

A guy who has 100 dollars has no problem spending 75 cents on something that destabilise things
around altogether, but a guy with 1 dollar cannot afford to throw away the same amount on making
something that will become obsolete sooner than its made!

How can you be so...

A guy who has 100 dollars has no problem spending 75 cents on something that destabilise things
around altogether, but a guy with 1 dollar cannot afford to throw away the same amount on making
something that will become obsolete sooner than its made!

Your example is quite valid. But it is NOT in context. The ratio of Indian and Pakistani economies are NOT 100:1.

Total%20Military%20and%20Nuclear%20Weapons%20Spending%202010-2011%20.png

Tell me, why India is spending MORE on nuclear weapons (as compared to Pakistan) when according to foreign reports, it has less operational warheads?

OMG:lol: what is pakistan planning to do with this fearful 400-km range ballistic missile?

Since you brought in alcohol, now i understand why its becoming too hard for you to understand what i just wrote.

Indian BMDs will protect Indian cities as a major objective, and as i said as we develop tactical nukes, the need to nuke an Indian city vanishes as tactical nukes give us the opportunity to nuke an invading force inside our own country and thus we can stop the war or atleast save ourselves by nuking any invading force inside Pakistan. Tactical nukes would be delivered by systems which would be fast and give hardly a few mins window/warning, most probably would never give a chance to any Indian BMD to respond. That is why Nasr missle system has been developed, its mobile & its missile is fast which will reach its target in few mins time without the missile ever leaving the atmosphere of the earth, rather its flight path would be very short, straight and to the point, only a mobile BMD system which is travelling with the invading formations / something which is protecting the formations right on the border will have a chance to intercept such systems from our side.

Since you brought in alcohol, now i understand why its becoming too hard for you to understand what i just wrote.

Indian BMDs will protect Indian cities as a major objective, and as i said as we develop tactical nukes, the need to nuke an Indian city vanishes as tactical nukes give us the opportunity to nuke an invading force inside our own country and thus we can stop the war or atleast save ourselves by nuking any invading force inside Pakistan. Tactical nukes would be delivered by systems which would be fast and give hardly a few mins window/warning, most probably would never give a chance to any Indian BMD to respond. That is why Nasr missle system has been developed, its mobile & its missile is fast which will reach its target in few mins time without the missile ever leaving the atmosphere of the earth, rather its flight path would be very short, straight and to the point, only a mobile BMD system which is travelling with the invading formations / something which is protecting the formations right on the border will have a chance to intercept such systems from our side.

Back
Top Bottom