What's new

Indian Army gets Battle ready on Jaisalmer border with Pakistan.

Pakistan has one advantage as compared to india is that most of its cantonments and airbases are right at the border as compared to india.Hence it doesnt require it much time n money to move forces to border as they are right up there on the border.
There is term in military called offensive power, majorly used to study efficiency by strategists. Its not only about getting them ready, but keeping them updated according to present threat and especially future one.

I know they will use the most optimal strategy, but there always is a limit to optimality. This is where strategic and tactical maneuvers are made. They will surely look for weakness in our strategy, putting pressure by shear force is what we need, nothing more than that. We are now getting more focused on China which in turn is resulting in change in our western front too.

Economics of war and Economics of Peace....both helps in getting what you need and latter one is used if we don't want to fire a bullet.

There is term in military called offensive power, majorly used to study efficiency by strategists. Its not only about getting them ready, but keeping them updated according to present threat and especially future one.

I know they will use the most optimal strategy, but there always is a limit to optimality. This is where strategic and tactical maneuvers are made. They will surely look for weakness in our strategy, putting pressure by shear force is what we need, nothing more than that. We are now getting more focused on China which in turn is resulting in change in our western front too.

Economics of war and Economics of Peace....both helps in getting what you need and latter one is used if we don't want to fire a bullet.
All those hi fi words look good in news paper reports peacetime exercise etc.but when the real scenario comes everything goes haywire like in 2001 and after 2008.

All those hi fi words look good in news paper reports peacetime exercise etc.but when the real scenario comes everything goes haywire like in 2001 and after 2008.

Can your country fight a long war with India..I am sure you would think so but your economy is not in that good shape and having your Army in the borders also cant gaurantee you of anything..Pakistan Army is incapable of capturing any major Indian city at this point but the same cannot be said about Indian Army..I wont talk technical stuff coz you wont understand and those who would will say 'you are underestimating us".

Can your country fight a long war with India..I am sure you would think so but your economy is not in that good shape and having your Army in the borders also cant gaurantee you of anything..Pakistan Army is incapable of capturing any major Indian city at this point but the same cannot be said about Indian Army..I wont talk technical stuff coz you wont understand and those who would will say 'you are underestimating us".
Does it need to anymore when strategic deterrence has been already achieved.

what I am quoting is from studies based on actual data from war zones and peace time.......one of the most important aspect.....I think you should read more. These are not hi fi words in terms of military preparedness. And as for 2001 and 2008, if we increase our capability you cry about poverty, if we fail to make the logistics better you cry about these debacles. There is always some loss especially when you have force of this size, which India can't change in few years, it takes time.....

I like that...All Pakistanis love their nukes...Coz they know themselves that its impossible to beat India in a conventional war.

After coming to PDF i have invented a line and its like------"You know you are a true Pakistani when you threaten India with Nukes while replying to an Indian on conventional war capabilities"

what I am quoting is from studies based on actual data from war zones and peace time.......one of the most important aspect.....I think you should read more. These are not hi fi words in terms of military preparedness. And as for 2001 and 2008, if we increase our capability you cry about poverty, if we fail to make the logistics better you cry about these debacles. There is always some loss especially when you have force of this size, which India can't change in few years, it takes time.....
I still maintain that under the fog of war all data compiled during peacetime goes haywire.Two main example i can give you indian advance to lahore was halted in 1965 due to confusion even when there was there was no opposing force.In 1971 pakistani advance got halted at longewala.overnight when there were only 120 men opposing it and IAF was not even in sight.As for 1998,2001,2008 2012 your still lack artillery situation is same with MMRCA not even in sight.

I still maintain that under the fog of war all data compiled during peacetime goes haywire.Two main example i can give you indian advance to lahore was halted in 1965 due to confusion even when there was there was no opposing force.In 1971 pakistani advance got halted at longewala.overnight when there were only 120 men opposing it and IAF was not even in sight.As for 1998,2001,2008 2012 your still lack artillery situation is same with MMRCA not even in sight.
Galti ho gayi...mujhe maaf kar do....aage se aapse nahin bhidunga...khush....main ek masoom baccha hun....mujhe jaane do....:cry:

Aap jeeti, main hara.

I like that...All Pakistanis love their nukes...Coz they know themselves that its impossible to beat India in a conventional war.

After coming to PDF i have invented a line and its like------"You know you are a true Pakistani when you threaten India with Nukes when replying to an Indian on conventional war capabilities"
There is nothing wrong in threatening with nukes .when you can threaten with conventional strike why do you expect pakistan to fight by your rule.its not a game its a war so every possible weapon can be used.

There is nothing wrong in threatening with nukes .when you can threaten with conventional strike why do you expect pakistan to fight by your rule.its not a game its a war so every possible weapon can be used.

Ya sure,If your Army wants to commit suicide and kill everyone with them then its a very good option coz nothing is gonna be left in your country.BTW we know how the mindset of PA Generals are so we are taking measures to counter your favourite option too.

All this so called 'strategic deterrence' bull that you guys keep bandying about is nonsense! Remember, in spite of the PA being forced to withdraw by the IA at Kargil, you guys never had the will to press the red button for nuke weapon release, and rightly so. You don't want to be annihilated just for a few sq km of real estate, would you?

In a limited war scenario, nukes will never be used unless they are under the control of Yahoos like Hafiz Saeed and Co! So keep your nukes packed and mothballed as they'll never be used! ;)

Ya sure,If your Army wants to commit suicide and kill everyone with them then its a very good option coz nothing is gonna be left in your country.BTW we know how the mindset of PA Generals are so we are taking measures to counter your favourite option too.
do you think if pakistan strikes first it will lob one nuke and wait for your reaction to lob 1?And after the nuke lobbing none will be alive on subcontinent to see the damage for themselves except you are based in other country just to week on the vapours of loved ones.

All this so called 'strategic deterrence' bull that you guys keep bandying about is nonsense! Remember, in spite of the PA being forced to withdraw by the IA at Kargil, you guys never had the will to press the red button for nuke weapon release, and rightly so. You don't want to be annihilated just for a few sq km of real estate, would you?

In a limited war scenario, nukes will never be used unless they are under the control of Yahoos like Hafiz Saeed and Co! So keep your nukes packed and mothballed as they'll never be used! ;)
Ho strategic deterrence did work in kargil war tha Vajpayee had shivered in his dhoti to keep the war localized and forced IA not to cross LOC.:D

vajpayee had again shivered in his dhoti in 2001 when he snt IA on 1 year picnic on border to show the world that only IA can lose 700+ men without fighting........:rofl:

Then Manmohan singh feared immediately after 26/11 and loobbed 1000 page dossier across border and since then he has lobbing dossiers only

Pakistan has one advantage as compared to india is that most of its cantonments and airbases are right at the border as compared to india.Hence it doesnt require it much time n money to move forces to border as they are right up there on the border.

you mean you lack strategic depth ! mbrl alone if fired will take down most of your logistics !

During Kargil days, Indian nukes were ready with delivery systems for a retaliatiory strike within minutes short notice, so were Pakistan. Its just plain threat, nothing else.

And Pakistan believes India will not try to break it into two in case of war. And it was not our plan too, no worries.

There's nothing called strategic deterrence when it comes to Indo Pak, when push comes to shove Indian forces will retaliate and in a big way only if your Generals or Prime Ministers do not run off to the US to plead to India for a pull back promising to take all actions that India desires. Similar to what happened in 1999 or 2008. It's a different issue that you guys don't keep up to your promises but you are made to pay in the end diplomatically. You cannot mess around with us. period.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom