What's new

indian army day parade photos and official documentry

Not that i want to criticize India,but more could be done to provide high standards equipments to the special forces or counter terrorism units.

[startof"Franceizzbetter" ] Want to compare ? :azn:

[EndofFranceizzbetter]
Comparisons to France where you seem to have more elite (and ridicuously well equipped) units than I can count, are always going to shame Indian forces for the forseeable future.

Having said that, I think the Indian SFs are relatively well equipped (obviously not to NATO standards):

BN-FW877_1205ka_J_20141205120057.jpg

bnfVlaH.jpg

Nne5tE4.jpg

10606167_825790860832304_1645570900306482371_n.jpg

gurdaspur-attack-759.jpg

Note all of the above pics are from live operations and perhaps one of the most important factors is their combat expereince and that they are amongst the best trained SFs in the world (and despite what our freinds on PDF want to beleive, are easily the best trained SFs in S.Asia-if not all of Asia)and certainly have some of the most expereinced operators you will find anywhere.

In the first pic what do you think is laying on the ground in front of those SF operators? These guys are the 72 virgin dating service :azn:

Ask any Western SOF operator who has interacted with Indian SOFs and they will tell you that Indian SOF is the real deal and have some pretty epic real world deployments. Clearly their equipment is at least a decade behind what SOFs in the West have (if not more) but they are honed operators.

What India should do at least is to provide body armors to the soldiers that are in dangerous areas. (Kashmir?)
How many lives could have been saved in Kashmir if they were equipped with better protection ?

The body armour CT/COIN troops Indian units have in Kashmir has relatively good ballistic protection but the penalty is weight- they are nowhere near as light as comparable protection armour found in the West.

What is truly crazy is that one of the world's premier body armour manufactuerers is Indian- MKU- it exports body armour to military and police units in Germany, Turkey, the US etc etc:

mku-technologies-jpg.243101

body-armour-4-728.jpg

6ed7c620.jpg

Alas, it is not all doom and gloom, the situation is improving:

Tata & MKU selected for bulletproof jackets requirement

Last edited:
If we could afford..we would.

If India can send a probe to Mars, India can arm it's foot soldiers properly. This will just effect the morale of Indian soldiers.

India just do not value thelife of its ordinary soldiers. Or it's civilians.

If India can send a probe to Mars, India can arm it's foot soldiers properly. This will just effect the morale of Indian soldiers.

Of course it will affect morale, they'll be proud of their nation's accomplishment. How's your Mars probe doing?

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course it will affect moral, they'll be proud of their nation's accomplishment. How's your Mars probe doing?

We have a couple of rovers there. Our Mars probe don't make the news any more. But I'm proud of our Pluto probe.

Indian Mars mission costed $74 million, while estimated expenses to for upgrading infantry equipment for India 3 million troops would be approximately = 3 million * $27,000 = $81 billion.

With future maintenance costs not included.

I am sure you are aware of the difference in number of zeroes between a billion and a million

India just do not value thelife of its ordinary soldiers. Or it's civilians.

Of course India does not value life of its soldiers and citizens.

After all, its our Indian leaders who came up with strategies like of "people's war" and Great Leaps.

Baltic states (who have budgets that barely hits 500 millions of € ) have better equipped soldiers.
Total military+paramilitary troops on a for baltic nations ranges from 14,000 to 50,000

For India that figure is close to 5 million.

The ratio is 1:100

List of countries by number of military and paramilitary personnel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

With such small numbers, its an absolute necessity for Baltic states to ensure these troops are well equipped.

Last edited:
Pakistan army Equipment not the best,but still better equipped then our neighbours,i think the COIN played a great role in modernizing army attire from simple khaki and ww2 helmets to Digital Camo outfits and Vest + ballistic helmets
10551115_10152351223677663_6329673455064046643_n.jpg
CWBPm-cWoAA3_3F.jpg
image.jpg
images.jpg
53c3d6f78bd87.jpg

let me make our mood little better
our special forces few years back
nsg
e55bfe95-f97d-4107-ad93-b8c72636154a.jpg

images

now
NSG_Commandos_Republic_day_2015..jpg

main-qimg-4275b953de939a2b35319f1c2ec1a836

1391501_741638689195221_154552621_n-jpg.269376

marcos
images

main-qimg-16e8f0cddcc2887b100c6c61314fac75

whatever anybody say,this one looks badass :D
now
img_20151207_083905-jpg.279861

Pakistan army Equipment not the best,but still better equipped then our neighbours,i think the COIN played a great role in modernizing army attire from simple khaki and ww2 helmets to Digital Camo outfits and Vest + ballistic helmets
View attachment 287349 View attachment 287350 View attachment 287351 View attachment 287352 View attachment 287353

Dude these are special forces... not the regular army, Even INdian Special forces are equipped to the teeth. post #23 says it all

We have a couple of rovers there. Our Mars probe don't make the news any more. But I'm proud of our Pluto probe.

Hi Fakky, when Pakistan sent to Pluto? :lol: There should be limit in faking. India basher.

View attachment 287349 View attachment 287350 View attachment 287351 View attachment 287352 View attachment 287353

Better equipped. :lol: See your own pics, our Police is better equipped then yours.

NSG_Commandos_Republic_day_2015..jpg

After i compared French and Indian soldiers,i'd say that Indian soldiers need ;

New helmets ;
Lack of desert uniforms ;
New resistant,modern and comfortable boots ;
New assault rifles (with sights) ;
NVGs ;
New modern body armors ;
New communication systems ;
Ballistic glasses ;
Knee pads ; (Not really what is urgently needed.)

Everything that a modern soldier needs.

@PARIKRAMA @Levina @MilSpec
F-INSAS is India’s program to equip its Infantry with state-of-the-art equipment. F-INSAS soon.

F-INSAS means Futuristic Infantry Soldier As a System.

F-INSAS has been taken up to equip Indian infantry with advanced weaponry, communication network and instant access to information on the battlefield. This program is similar to the future soldier programs of other nations. F-INSAS includes a fully networked all-terrain, all-weather personal-equipment platform, enhanced firepower and mobility for the digitalised battlefield of the future. The weight carried by soldiers will need to be reduced by at least 50%.

The fully integrated Infantry of tomorrow will be equipped with mission-oriented equipment integrated with his buddy soldier team, the sub-unit, as also the overall C4I2 (Command, Control, Communications Computers, Information and Intelligence) system.

indian-army-future-soldier-program-800-6-a-1450952114.jpg

All said and done, Indian army need modern equipments ( atleast to front line soldiers asap). First of all a modern gun( MCIWS may be?) and then other goodies.
PS: Not talking about special forces and Rashtriya rifles as they are equipped relatively better but still not satisfactory as a whole.

Back
Top Bottom