What's new

Indian Americans more successful than other immigrant groups in the US

Exactly and this is why

Their pathways into the U.S. are different. About half of all Korean and Indian immigrants who received green cards in 2011 got them on the basis of employer sponsorship, compared with about a third of Japanese, a fifth of Chinese, one-in-eight Filipinos and just 1% of Vietnamese. The Vietnamese are the only major subgroup to have come to the U.S. in large numbers as political refugees; the others say they have come mostly for economic, educational and family reasons.

The Rise of Asian Americans | Pew Social & Demographic Trends

The study( chart I originally posted) is about US Citizens of immigrant backgrounds and not about " work only status and students who come to the US". Those who get sponsored get so over Chinese i.e. more in demand for their talent. but that has nothing to do with this study- those groups are not accounted in this study.

Just face it. you are behind in median incomes , they hold higher degrees, they have better personal finances, they are more apt to believe in hard work than the Chinese. Chinese top profession in the US is working in the restaurant service industry. :agree:

If Indians are getting success why it is bothering others ?

Its not like we forcefully took anyone's job, place or money. We turn out to be good employee and businessmen, hence more successful than others.

Chinese are also thriving there.

Its a positive news thread about India and everyone is trying to ruin it.

Fine, many Indian works in US restaurants which pays more than and is way better than working in a sweat shop for over 14 hours a day. They do it for their livelihood and for education.

I'm taking a guess- There are strong chances this chart basically shows the same in every other country where you will find Chinese at the bottom of the ladder or few notches above it. Even in HK I bet mainlanders don't measure up to the Indian immigrant population.

Of course I would not expect your interpretation to be any different. Misery loves ignorance.

Care to explain what is wrong in my interpretation? Care to explain why recent Western European and East Asian immigrants are not at the top in the US? Care to explain why East Asian and Western European countries have higher living standards and social indicators than India or the Philippines?

If Indians are getting success why it is bothering others ?

Its not like we forcefully took anyone's job, place or money. We turn out to be good employee and businessmen, hence more successful than others.

Chinese are also thriving there.

Its a positive news thread about India and everyone is trying to ruin it.

Fine, many Indian works in US restaurants which pays more than and is way better than working in a sweat shop for over 14 hours a day. They do it for their livelihood and for education.

read post 19 by the op himself? and you blaming us for ruin it?

A wining formula :lol:

Great couldnt agreed more the winning formula for indians are in usa the winning formula for chinese are in china :lol:

Most of the people want to live the American Dream.

And lets face it, remaining in US means more money they can make in US than in India and the standard of living is pretty high. There are so many factors for their stay.

Western countries' students return back as they can make equal amount of money in their own country.

Götterdämmerung;3454716 said:
Care to explain what is wrong in my interpretation? Care to explain why recent Western European and East Asian immigrants are not at the top in the US? Care to explain why East Asian and Western European countries have higher living standards and social indicators than India or the Philippines?

The chart is about immigrant population settled in the US. not a discussion about other countries current economic status. OR vs. temp work force. you ( Chinese)are doing to badly because you fellas as a profession are more geared towards service industries like restaurants and retail. for that you don't need higher education or earn top dollars.

Götterdämmerung;3454716 said:

Because interpretations are interpretations and are not facts. It is like saying China is successful because American consumers buy Chinese goods :lol:

Great couldnt agreed more the winning formula for indians are in usa the winning formula for chinese are in china :lol:

Per your statement. Is that why you went to UK- too much of a failure to win at home?

The chart is about immigrant population settled in the US. not a discussion about other countries current economic status. OR vs. temp work force. you ( Chinese)are doing to badly because you fellas as a profession are more geared towards service industries like restaurants and retail. for that you don't need higher education or earn top dollars.

What I found about Chinese is that although they are good with education, they lack social, leadership and communication skills.

Basically the Chinese who have a big mouth here show mediocrity as immigrant population :smokin:
So why india are much poorer than china? as you logic, you show your mediocrity as indian, Or say, mediocre indian leave in india, talent indian immigrate to western, right?
By the way, with you indian 60 years performance, in chinese eyes, mediocrity can't describe you! Loser!

What I found about Chinese is that although they are good with education, they lack social, leadership and communication skills.

You walk into fortune 50 company and see hardly any chinese. well other than across the street at some restaurant. On the other hand you see many Indians in fortune 50 up the management ladder ( besides software geeks)

LOOK this trait of being near bottom of the immigrant population by the Chinese is replicated worldwide, I bet. it's no US phenom, although your chances of best being successful is in the US.

Back
Top Bottom