What's new

Indian Air Force News & Discussions

Nothing surprises me as much as shocking neglect of force multipliers in the IAF at the expense of new fighters, which they seem constantly on the search for. This fundemental weakness will lead to rival air forces being able to fully exploit their fighter force more efficiently and enhanced situational awarness.

For an air force the size of IAF to have only 5 AEW, 6 refuelling planes and 2 dedicated EW planes is shocking. This combined with a lack of a dedicated ACMI range indicates the IAF top brass have still not really understood how future wars maybe fought.....

Money issue my friend.... we understand how future wars will be fought but do we have any choice under current economic circumstances????

Money issue my friend.... we understand how future wars will be fought but do we have any choice under current economic circumstances????

I really do not think it is a money issue, partly true but the fact that right now India is considering more Rafales, Tejas (and second hand MIG-29s) and still not increased it's refuellers and AEW strength is a sure sign that it seems shiny news fighters are better for PR. We all saw half the Indian media put on a circus just for the Rafale delvery flights. Never would have happend if DRDO quietly delivered a couple of more NETA AEWs right?

One day for the IAF to enter the 89th year of existence and the images are steadily streaming in
Starting with the Attack helicopters(Numbers set to rapidly expand)
The Krokodil(On its last legs)
EjUBZxuUcAAjan4

The Apache Guardian
EjZzR9VU4AIBisH

And the Rudra
EjnSEoaVkAA9oMY

The Strategic Airlifters
Globemaster
EjUyrfDVoAEN7op

The Il-76 "Gajraj"
EjiTov5U8AEIOK2

The Super Hercules (Special Operations role primarily)
EjX_sGDUYAAbHN3

From the practice:
(All images from Angad Singh on Twitter)
Rafale
Ejtzpl0VkAA3lHe

Tejas
EjtzplyVcAEeuaq

Star of the show for me:
EjtzplvVgAMQQ3Q

IAF and the love for Deltas, started with the MiG-21 in 1963, still center stage:
EjnMTe7U0AAtNN5

Note the Mirage-2000I with the Crystal Maze
The DARIN-III Jag!
EjnLV9iU4AETgxd

I second that, great set of pics for sure. Just saw these and thought they were cool as heck! Who doesn't love the combination of both of these?! Su-30MKI and the Lamborghini Huracan.

Ej4act5XcAEKm5f

Ej4act3XYAAWhT7

Ej4act-XkAEJflm

Ej4act2XsAER0AL

Pretty sure the Lambo got toasted looool but still very cool.

I second that, great set of pics for sure. Just saw these and thought they were cool as heck! Who doesn't love the combination of both of these?! Su-30MKI and the Lamborghini Huracan.

Ej4act3XYAAWhT7

Pretty sure the Lambo got toasted looool but still very cool.
:D
This lead to a one upmanship for recruitment material by the Indian Navy:
Huracan and a Su-30MKI you say?
Another Autocar India feature:

Last edited:
Promo video for Air Force Day 2020
The brilliant song for the event
Some random images:
Air Maintenance sorties to Siachen by AAC/IAF
cyr34bdqf7s51.jpg

Explained by an RAF veteran who experienced the flying first hand:
Number Eight: “Touching the Sky With Glory” or You’re Going To Go And Land At 22,000 ft on A Glacier!
From the Vintage fleet:
The Dak:
Ej4kuJYXkAAqjRj

The DeHavilland DH 82 Tiger Moth(Over the Umaid Bhavan!)
Bbsv5CsCAAI1RXd

The beautiful DH logo on the wheel cap:
55191_1514700245.jpg

The North American AT-6 Harvard:
74335_1507479955.jpg

Nashik cops arrest HAL employee for supplying info on fighters to Pakistan

A Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) employee has been arrested for supplying fighter aircraft information to Pakistan’s Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) agency, Maharashtra Police said on Friday.

The 41-year-old man was supplying secret information about Indian fighter aircraft and their manufacturing unit to ISI, police said. “The Nashik unit of the state Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) received reliable intelligence about the man, who was in constant touch with ISI,” a police official said. The man was supplying the secret information about Indian fighter aircraft and their sensitive details, along with the information related to HAL’s aircraft manufacturing unit at Ojhar near Nashik, airbase and some prohibited areas inside the manufacturing unit, he said.

An offence under the Official Secrets Act has been registered against the accused, he said adding three mobile handsets with five SIM cards and two memory cards have been seized from him. The phones and SIM cards are being sent to the Forensic Science Laboratory for examination, he said. The accused was produced before court on Friday, and has been remanded in ATS custody for 10 days, the official said.

HAL’s Aircraft Division Nashik, established in 1964 for licence manufacture of MiG-21FL aircraft and K-13 missiles, is located at Ojhar, 24 km from Nashik and around 200 km from Mumbai.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom