What's new

Indian Air Force News & Discussions

The 41-year-old man was supplying secret information about Indian fighter aircraft and their manufacturing unit to ISI, police said. “The Nashik unit of the state Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) received reliable intelligence about the man, who was in constant touch with ISI,” a police official said. The man was supplying the secret information about Indian fighter aircraft and their sensitive details, along with the information related to HAL’s aircraft manufacturing unit at Ojhar near Nashik, airbase and some prohibited areas inside the manufacturing unit, he said.

So, why would someone like this do such a thing? Why would he traitor his country like this? The only reason I can see is $$$$$ and that only means that this individual is a person of very poor and low character to betray his own country for money. There really isn't much more of a reason that could be powerful enough to cause betrayal and treason of your own country.

So a couple of things come to mind; one is big ups to the Indian secret service that discovered this filthy treachery and two, treason is commonly known around the world as a capital crime, punishable by immediate death. Whether he goes to trial and is given a chance to prove his innocence or not is up to the Indian system I suppose. But it sounds like they have enough to hang him in New Delhi square this afternoon. Nothing, nothing is worst than such treason of one's country.

So, why would someone like this do such a thing? Why would he traitor his country like this? The only reason I can see is $$$$$ and that only means that this individual is a person of very poor and low character to betray his own country for money. There really isn't much more of a reason that could be powerful enough to cause betrayal and treason of your own country.

So a couple of things come to mind; one is big ups to the Indian secret service that discovered this filthy treachery and two, treason is commonly known around the world as a capital crime, punishable by immediate death. Whether he goes to trial and is given a chance to prove his innocence or not is up to the Indian system I suppose. But it sounds like they have enough to hang him in New Delhi square this afternoon. Nothing, nothing is worst than such treason of one's country.
He was a supervisor at HAL Nashik who probably fell for a trap. Unfortunate but can be avoided.
Will definitely serve as a deterrent to HAL/MoD civilian employees who are not careful about social media interactions.

More glimpses from Leh
The Black Archers are the ones entrusted with guarding the frontier there:
The Squadron just celebrated their 60th birthday early this year:
Black Archers at 60.jpeg

The CO seen here second from left, also lead the IAF delegation to Ex Eastern Bridge at RAFO Masirah last year flying and fighting with (and against) the RAFO EF Typhoon, F-16 and Hawks with their MiG-29UPG.
EHFpxvpUUAAv96W

Muslim, Dalit, Christian, Kashmiri, or just wanting cash. Many reasons....

Continuing with the pictures:
Here is the MiG-29UPG doing something other than Air Superiority
EkCjwudVkAE6WhS

The Mirage-2000I(6 MICA-EM and 2 MICA-IR for a total of 8 BVR missiles!)
EkQnECGVcAE4eqe

The IL-78MKI(Unique picture with two Su-30MKIs taking fuel)
EkSIAOTUcAEslUG

Now the trainers:
The Pilatus PC-7 MK-II, probably the most colourful after the SKAT Hawks
EkV_NgLU8AIJhK9

The Hawk, firing off rockets
EkXV0ibVcAAFZ3W

Yet to be released: The beautiful Kiran
Bwt6QoyIcAASRvK

Hopefully replaced by the HJT-36
Some things the Kiran donated to the LCH:
Mo0NgMA.png

The Mirage-2000I(6 MICA-EM and 2 MICA-IR for a total of 8 BVR missiles!)
EkQnECGVcAE4eqe

That's impressive. I even underestimated the capabilities of the new MICAs in both forms, radar and infrared until I read a lot more about them and not only their range, but a lot of their capabilities to avoid chaff and decoys, lock on after launch among other neat sensor capabilities they have.

It's too bad the EAF can't adapt them on their 2000's because they're the oldest 2Ks out there LOL! I think they were the first batch rolled off the production line in 1982 when the Mirage 2000 first came out. But this is quite something and hey, I suppose all sorts of upgrades can be done to any machine to bring it all the way short of a 5th generation stealth aircraft, question will always be, is it worth it. In this case with the IAF it most certainly is and it's such a great gain for that platform making it that much more potent along with the Rafales. Excellent decision.

That's impressive. I even underestimated the capabilities of the new MICAs in both forms, radar and infrared until I read a lot more about them and not only their range, but a lot of their capabilities to avoid chaff and decoys, lock on after launch among other neat sensor capabilities they have.

It's too bad the EAF can't adapt them on their 2000's because they're the oldest 2Ks out there LOL! I think they were the first batch rolled off the production line in 1982 when the Mirage 2000 first came out. But this is quite something and hey, I suppose all sorts of upgrades can be done to any machine to bring it all the way short of a 5th generation stealth aircraft, question will always be, is it worth it. In this case with the IAF it most certainly is and it's such a great gain for that platform making it that much more potent along with the Rafales. Excellent decision.

Unsure if such an extensive upgrade programme is worth it for the few planes in the EAF.

Unsure if such an extensive upgrade programme is worth it for the few planes in the EAF.

Not even just because they are a few, but they're too old and would need new radars as well as almost an entire mission computer and it just wouldn't be worth it. I think that's pretty much what I said, no? Maybe I worded it a bit around the bush lol. I believe I said it's well worth the work for the IAF Mirage 2000s but not the EAF's.

Is this real? Missile smoke trial looks like it has been superimposed

Could be fired from a different aircraft and not that one in view which could be another chase plane. Could also be a late firing where the missile is dropped off the pylon and a few seconds later its propellant ignites and by then, the launching aircraft is at a bit of a distance.

Kinda similar to these Rafale pics firing a MICA ER and a SCALP.

EksSTb_UUAAVfqH

EksSTb9UYAA7ZO0

Not even just because they are a few, but they're too old and would need new radars as well as almost an entire mission computer and it just wouldn't be worth it. I think that's pretty much what I said, no? Maybe I worded it a bit around the bush lol. I believe I said it's well worth the work for the IAF Mirage 2000s but not the EAF's.

Most of the IAF Mirage-2000s are also quite old. Only 10 more were purchased in the early 2000s as attrition replacements. That was in addition to the 49 that were bought in the 1980s.

So, the Egyptian Mirage-2000s could be put through such an upgrade. Question would be whether it would be worth it for such a small number of fighters or not (less than 19 now?). Perhaps EAF could sell their Mirages and the IAF could buy those from Dassault and upgrade them to the -I standard as all IAF Mirages are now upgraded to. Would give the IAF an additional squadron's worth of upgraded Mirages.

I'm personally hoping that's what happens to the Greek Mirage-2000 EGM/BGMs that Greece will reportedly sell back to Dassault when it takes the donated Rafales from the French Air Force.

the IAF could do with all the spare Mirage-2000s that any Air Force around the world may want to dispose of.
Is this real? Missile smoke trial looks like it has been superimposed

Fake. The Brahmos drops a significant distance from the MKI before the missile ignites.

here's a real one. Notice the difference in the nose on the Brahmos-A? It doesn't have a nose cap unlike the Brahmos launched from ships or land.

Su-30MKI-BrahMos.jpg

So, the Egyptian Mirage-2000s could be put through such an upgrade. Question would be whether it would be worth it for such a small number of fighters or not (less than 19 now?).

Personally from all the information I've read and followed through the decades, they're down to either 13 or 15 at the most. Now many of my brethren like to think that in close to 40 years, the EAF has only lost 1 lol. I think that's a different term than wishful thinking and something else completely. Anyway, I might give them 15 but I think it's closer to 13 aircraft that even all of those might not exactly be in flying condition, either. They're so guarded and so secretive about them that frankly I find it ridiculous since they're not really F-22 caliber jets. Not sure what their train of thought is TBH.

Perhaps EAF could sell their Mirages and the IAF could buy those from Dassault and upgrade them to the -I standard as all IAF Mirages are now upgraded to. Would give the IAF an additional squadron's worth of upgraded Mirages.

That's very tricky-vicky of you! :D At first I was wondering why sell them to Dassault and then they sell them to you and then I figured it out lol. That would be the only way to do it since we just sold 30 of our Mirage Vs to Pakistan and I'm sure they wouldn't be too happy with us if we sold the 2Ks directly to you! So France being the middle man takes the heat off of us, very tricky. I'm wondering if Pakistan even inquired about the 2000s as they were negotiating for the Vs? I bet they did and I would think they might have first dibs on them because of the previous transaction? I say to make use of them somehow and if we can get even 5 Rafales from France in exchange for all 15 of them, I would do it in a heartbeat. But honestly, the EAF has been guarding those things like it's no one's business and seem to be really fond of them for some bizarre reason. Not sure if they'd even give them up which is stupid IMO.

I'm personally hoping that's what happens to the Greek Mirage-2000 EGM/BGMs that Greece will reportedly sell back to Dassault when it takes the donated Rafales from the French Air Force.

the IAF could do with all the spare Mirage-2000s that any Air Force around the world may want to dispose of.

There was a point in time around the late 2000's where there was a vicious rumor circulating about the EAF making a deal with the UAE for their Mirage 2000-9s. I don't think it was for all 63 jets they have but nothing materialized out of that. But, now that they might be getting F-35s, they might just move their 2000s to keep all their jets in the US camp to enhance their connectivity with all their systems which seem to be strictly US with the exception of their newly bought SAAB AWACs. So keep an eye out for that possibility.

Back
Top Bottom