What's new

Indian Air Force News & Discussions

What spree? 8 saal lage 126 viman khareedne mein.

On 27 April 2011, after an intensive and detailed technical evaluation by the IAF, it reduced the bidders to two fighters — Eurofighter Typhoon and Dassault Rafale. On 31 January 2012 it was announced that Dassault Rafale won the competition due to its lower life-cycle cost.

On 27 April 2011, after an intensive and detailed technical evaluation by the IAF, it reduced the bidders to two fighters — Eurofighter Typhoon and Dassault Rafale. On 31 January 2012 it was announced that Dassault Rafale won the competition due to its lower life-cycle cost.

The whole process started 8 years ago when Mirage 2000 was in competition.

Rafale came much later.

MRCA tender was virtually stopped during 2008-2009 year because of the slow progression.

Are you telling me that it takes 8 years to assess 6 type of aircraft? F/A18, F-16IN, MiG-35, Gripen NG, Typhoon and Mirage 2000 (Rafale now)?

Chinese have acquired almost that many jets of their own J-10s in that time span.

Now tell me.

Rafale came much later.

MRCA tender was virtually stopped during 2008-2009 year because of the slow progression.

Are you telling me that it takes 8 years to assess 6 type of aircraft? F/A18, F-16IN, MiG-35, Gripen NG, Typhoon and Mirage 2000 (Rafale now)?

Chinese have acquired almost that many jets of their own J-10s in that time span.

Now tell me.

na na I m not saying this ... !! i m just saying when you have Jets like F-16 IN (Much Better version of Pakistani F-16s) you have to get all the Info which you can get about the Jet or better to say Backbone of Your enemy Air Force ... Dats My First Point ...

Process and Deal is Different things ..... In above case its a Competition that took 8 year's as you say but, a Deal is Just a Year old .... On 28 August 2007, the RFP was released to the 6 bidding companies. so, we can say a AF can take that much time to compare them and Choose the best isn't it ??

na na I m not saying this ... !! i m just saying when you have Jets like F-16 IN (Much Better version of Pakistani F-16s) you have to get all the Info which you can get about the Jet or better to say Backbone of Your enemy Air Force ... Dats My First Point ...

F-16IN is a totally different beast compared to F-15 block 52. So if MOD is giving this stupid excuse for its lethargy and inept work ways, then I am surprised how you even bought this lie.

There is absolutely NOTHING that USA will tell an unsure potential customer. After decades of alliance with Turkey, Lockheed Martin gave access codes to them despite Turkey bled for US so many times. You think that Lockheed Martin would have just handed all the details about their prime product?

Come on dude.

Process and Deal is Different things ..... In above case its a Competition that took 8 year's as you say but, a Deal is Just a Year old .... On 28 August 2007, the RFP was released to the 6 bidding companies. so, we can say a AF can take that much time to compare them and Choose the best isn't it ??

And in the process lose the lives of pilots?

This is just a flimsy excuse of 'best'. Especially when your fleet is ancient and is risking the lives of precious trained and experienced pilots.

Bottomline is that the aircraft are NOT inducted, NOT flying and there is a serious threat to the lives of our pilots.

If they keep dying in air crashes, then who the fck will fight our air wars?

F-16IN is a totally different beast compared to F-15 block 52. So if MOD is giving this stupid excuse for its lethargy and inept work ways, then I am surprised how you even bought this lie.

There is absolutely NOTHING that USA will tell an unsure potential customer. After decades of alliance with Turkey, Lockheed Martin gave access codes to them despite Turkey bled for US so many times. You think that Lockheed Martin would have just handed all the details about their prime product?

Come on dude.

And in the process lose the lives of pilots?

This is just a flimsy excuse of 'best'. Especially when your fleet is ancient and is risking the lives of precious trained and experienced pilots.

Bottomline is that the aircraft are NOT inducted, NOT flying and there is a serious threat to the lives of our pilots.

If they keep dying in air crashes, then who the fck will fight our air wars?

okiee bro .... !!

First what you think Lockheed Martin would have said when IAF has asked them that There Friendly Neighbors even Operate the Same F-16 ??

I guess they would have Shown The Problem with F-16 Block 52 and F-16 IN Advantage's .... What you say ??

and For your Second Question

Take today Crash Mig-29 would remain even if Rafale Enter the Service ..... !! ya i agree that Mig-21 like old warhorse can be given Rest but, then even not a Perfect excuse to put a Deal on a Stake in which HAL will earn a lot ....

9142782119_c4fefe7e0f_o.jpg

;)

Rafale came much later.

Now tell me.

Actually they evaluated 10 different fighters during the MRCA and the MMRCA competition in roughly a decade now (Gripen C/D and NG, F16 B52 and IN, Mig 29SMT and 35, Mirage 2000-5 and Rafale, EF, F18SH).

IAF reportedly wanted the fast replacement with M2K-5s, but MoD seems to have different things in mind (maybe fueled by the industry, that LCA might be ready soon, who knows), the MMRCA needed actually 5 years from RFP to decision stage and now we waited for 1.5 year for the signature of the contract, problematic part and has mainly to do with Dassault fulfilling the offset and ToT requirements, final negotiations about this and that...
I am frustrated about this delays too, but we defenitely have made the right choice with Rafale and imo also with considering the newer versions and fighters.

If we would have taken the M2K-5s back then, we might have them fully inducted by now and replaced more of the Mig 21s, but the upgrade potential of the fighter would be limited and technically would even be surpassed by LCA MK2 pretty fast. Rafale on the other hand will remain with a credible edge, which makes the expenses in this fighter and the higher industrial advantages of the new competition more beneficiary. The only problem that I see is, that we stick to the lenghty licence production deal, instead of getting more directly from France to induct them faster. I hope we go for the optional right away and get 2 more squads therefor from them.

Actually they evaluated 10 different fighters during the MRCA and the MMRCA competition in roughly a decade now (Gripen C/D and NG, F16 B52 and IN, Mig 29SMT and 35, Mirage 2000-5 and Rafale, EF, F18SH).

IAF reportedly wanted the fast replacement with M2K-5s, but MoD seems to have different things in mind (maybe fueled by the industry, that LCA might be ready soon, who knows), the MMRCA needed actually 5 years from RFP to decision stage and now we waited for 1.5 year for the signature of the contract, problematic part and has mainly to do with Dassault fulfilling the offset and ToT requirements, final negotiations about this and that...
I am frustrated about this delays too, but we defenitely have made the right choice with Rafale and imo also with considering the newer versions and fighters.

If we would have taken the M2K-5s back then, we might have them fully inducted by now and replaced more of the Mig 21s, but the upgrade potential of the fighter would be limited and technically would even be surpassed by LCA MK2 pretty fast. Rafale on the other hand will remain with a credible edge, which makes the expenses in this fighter and the higher industrial advantages of the new competition more beneficiary. The only problem that I see is, that we stick to the lenghty licence production deal, instead of getting more directly from France to induct them faster. I hope we go for the optional right away and get 2 more squads therefor from them.

But the delay is way too much versus the cost of lives of our talented pilots.

They are dropping out of the sky like flies because of metal fatigue in vintage MiGs.

That's very crucial to be measured because at this rate we will lose all experienced precious pilots in fighter squadrons to fly the new jets.

Rafale is a good decision but its decision was extremely slow. Negotiations going on for 1.5 years for a country like India, which is surrounded by hostile states, is unacceptable.

We could have increased the testing team's strength to get this thing over faster but because of rigidity of sarkari procedures, things get delayed.

Look at Tejas; it is 5 years delayed already whereas it was supposed to fly in 2008.

At this rate we will end up 2 generations behind even Chinese in jet manufacturing.

HAL really needs to ramp up or simply die out so that other more capable players can take control of the aerospace industry.

Su-30MKI+taking+off+from+the+Thanjavuram+Air+Force+Station+on+May+27,+2013.jpg

Su-30MKI taking off from the Thanjavur AFS

Thanjavuram+AFS.jpg

Thanjavur AFS

^^^Finally, graphic evidence has emerged once again (the previous one was three years ago during the premature commissioning of the IAF’s Phalodi AFS) on how the MoD and the IAF HQ have been adopting an utterly callous attitude when it comes to flight safety. The PIB-released photo yesterday (http://pib.nic.in/photo/2013/May/l2013052747449.jpg) and uploaded above, showing a Su-30MKI taking off from the just-commissioned Thanjavuram AFS, clearly shows the shocking and incomplete state of landscaping of the tarmac areas, which in turn gives rise to the high number of FOD-related incidents recorded thus far for the IAF’s inventory of Su-30Ks and Su-30MKis since the late 1990s. It goes without saying that given the IAF’s penchant for resorting to curved takeoff and landing patterns with its Su-30MKIs, the practice of prematurely commissioning of air bases with incomplete earthworks, landscaping and other infrastructure-related construction activities needs to be put an end to with immediate effect. For if not, then the MRO-related expenditures incurred for the IAF’s existing and project combat aircraft fleets can only be expected to register steep increases in future.

TRISHUL: BrahMos-1 ASCM Being Fired From INS Tarkash On May 22; Indian Navy And NDMA To Receive 12 ShinMaywa Industries-Built SS-3 Amphibians; HSL To Build Four Mini-Submarines For MARCOS; BEML-TATRA To Resume Deliveries Of T815 Heavy-Duty Trucks

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom