What's new

Indian Air Force News & Discussions

But the delay is way too much versus the cost of lives of our talented pilots.

They are dropping out of the sky like flies because of metal fatigue in vintage MiGs.

That's very crucial to be measured because at this rate we will lose all experienced precious pilots in fighter squadrons to fly the new jets.

I agree with you to some extend. The lifes of the pilots should be one of the most important issues for IAF and MoD, but "IM unprofessional O", that should have caused IAF to induct either LCA MK1 faster, or at least get some of the MKIs directly from Russia to replace Migs, instead of waiting for MMRCAs.
From MoDs side I would say, they did the right thing, because the ammount of industrial benefits and capability increase with Rafale was worth it to take the risk.
Also when we take the reply of A.K. Antony in front of the parliament wrt the crash rates to accounts, the crash rate is reducing in the last 3 years. Although most of the crashes are Mig 21s and 27, not only technical issues are the problem, but a lot of human errors as well and these happens with newer and more reliable fighters too. Out of the 4 MKIs that crashed, I know that at least 2 of them was lost because of human errors, similarly, the crash of the 2 x M2Ks was a human error...
And when you look at the fact that we "only" lost 4 x MKIs, 2 x M2Ks, 2 x Jags and 1 x Mig 29 (figures from march / april) in the last 3 years, which are the more modern fighters of the fleet, it shows that without the older Migs the crashrate actually shouldn't be that high.

Negotiations going on for 1.5 years for a country like India, which is surrounded by hostile states, is unacceptable.

We could have increased the testing team's strength to get this thing over faster but because of rigidity of sarkari procedures, things get delayed.

True for the first part, not for the second, since IAF was dependent on the foreign manufacturer / forces to find a suitable timeframe for the tests (EF and Gripen for example came delated), not to forget that the trials were not only done in India but also in 5 different countries. All this takes time and compared to other countries, they actually did the trials pretty fast and in a very professional manner (confirmed from nearly all foreign participants).
However, the trials could had been way shorter, if IAF would had made a better RFP and didn't allowed all 6 to the trials. They should had narrowed the contenders down at least to 4 before according to the requirements. The Mig 35 and the Gripen for example was net existent, not even as proper prototypes, so could had been kicked right away.

Look at Tejas; it is 5 years delayed already whereas it was supposed to fly in 2008.

At this rate we will end up 2 generations behind even Chinese in jet manufacturing.

HAL really needs to ramp up or simply die out so that other more capable players can take control of the aerospace industry.

How can you blame HAL for the LCA delays? They are not the developer, especially not from those parts that caused the delays. HALs performance in LCA is actually limited to production of prototypes only, so if that is delayed or the produced parts are not in the right quality, you can blame them, but that will be seen only after the serial production has started. So far all the blame must be on ADA / DRDO, as lead agencies for the project and the development of radar, engine FCS...and that's where the main problem lies!

And let's be honest, name a single Indian company in the aero sector currently, that would be more capable than HAL? You won't find one, because the whole Indian aero sector is basically limited to HAL, since NAL is only used for certain supporting roles and civillian developments, while all the privat players just started to form JVs and partners, to get the necessary know how faster. Pretty much what HAL usually do in it's indigenous developments too, but when ADA / DRDO tried to do everything inhouse, it sadly went in the wrong direction.

Congrats to the new titel btw, well deserved!

1044828_373095289480104_1507929363_n.jpg

u guys really pinched me a lot :devil: keeping it with me since a lonng time

did u know in aero innd 13 the most crowded place was the front of the static display of our beloved rafffyyy,,,wana know the cause, then here it is ;)
DSC00298.JPG

DSC00299.JPG

DSC00305.JPG

DropBox

DSC00300-001.JPG

DSC00311.JPG

Seeking to strengthen defence ties between the two countries, IAF Chief Air Chief Marshal N A K Browne is on a four-day visit to the US.

The IAF Chief is visiting the US on the invitation of his American counterpart General Mark A Welsh and will also take the delivery of 2nd C-17 heavylift transport aircraft for the Air Force, IAF said in a statement today.

During the visit, Browne, is scheduled to hold talks with senior military leadership of that country including American Chairman, Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen Martin E Dempsey and Gen Herbert J "Hawk" Carlisle, Commander Pacific Air Forces.

IAF chief is likely to discuss a wide range of bilateral issues on the ongoing defence cooperation between the two countries towards strengthening the growing US-India Security and Defence relationship, the statement added.

Browne would tomorrow also be accepting the delivery of the second C-17 Globemaster III.

He is also scheduled to visit US Cyber Command at Fort Meade and US Space Command located at Peterson Air Force base in Colorado.

Browne graduated from Air Command and Staff College, Alabama in 1987.

Indian Air Force chief NAK Browne to hold talks with US military leaders - India - DNA

I'm sure atleast 90% of men who saw this did not realize that LCH and Boeing C-17 are in
this picture.:coffee:

Gladly I am part of the 10% guys who did...:nana:

@Gessler

U gotta come to New York City bro, after that u wont even look at her.:woot:

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this TD-1 or 2 ???
I'm sure atleast 90% of men who saw this did not realize that LCH and Boeing C-17 are in
this picture.:coffee:

Gladly I am part of the 10% guys who did...:nana:

Well I am in that 10% too but first thing that came to my mind after seeing the pic was "she is standing next to a dangers cannon holding a ball. I hope she knows what she is doing" :no:

LCH And C-17 look ugly infront of her:D

Actually its other way around

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom