What's new

Indian Air Force News & Discussions

I agree- this ad is trying to speak to the younger generation of possible fighter jocks (and other a/c) and I'm sure a kick-a$$ display of the hardware they could fly in service would be much more enticing than this sentimental approach.

A good ad nonetheless.

And I do think this add will tug a few heart strings and will be quite engaging for many. Indians love the ideas of protecting their motherland/nation and their loved ones.

Last edited by a moderator:
+ @Liquidmetal wrt the AWACS- the IAF strictly controls access to these valuable assets and doesn't show them off often. To date we are yet to even see an interior pic of the A-50EI PHALCON. In 4+ years of operation we have a few pics/vids of the outside but that's about it.

+ @Liquidmetal wrt the AWACS- the IAF strictly controls access to these valuable assets and doesn't show them off often. To date we are yet to even see an interior pic of the A-50EI PHALCON. In 4+ years of operation we have a few pics/vids of the outside but that's about it.

Well with good reason, look at what happened to the Erieyes and PC3, the terrorists had too much info and knew when to and where to strike. So secrecy is a military imperative. However, knowing the size of the IL76 frame and also how high tech the Israelis are it would be mouth watering to see more of these birds and especially the interior, a couple if stills would not jeapordise any of these valuable and frankly speaking expensive assets.

Well with good reason, look at what happened to the Erieyes and PC3, the terrorists had too much info and knew when to and where to strike. So secrecy is a military imperative. However, knowing the size of the IL76 frame and also how high tech the Israelis are it would be mouth watering to see more of these birds and especially the interior, a couple if stills would not jeapordise any of these valuable and frankly speaking expensive assets.
Dude- agreed on all points! Need to protect such stragic assets is a must especially in the light of recent attacks. Also it would be just epic to see inside the A-50EI (AWACS version of IL-76). As it was the Israelis that completely fitted out the bird with the Russians merely delivering the platform. I've seen pics of the interior of Russia's own A-50U AWACS:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/milita...42-inside-russias-new-upgraded-awacs-50u.html

But I imagine the IF's A-50EI would be dramatically different as the "U" is Russian origin entirely. The IAF's "EI" is, like I say, 100% Israeli on the inside with all the systems, operator consoles, self-protection suites etc being of Israeli orgin which is, as we know, top-knotch stuff.

+ @Liquidmetal -strike my last. I forget about these:

AWACS_010.jpg

AWACS_009.jpg

AWACS_008.jpg

The only pics in the public domain of the inside of the IAF's AWACS. These pics were released by IAI AFAIK so again the IAF has protected itself from such pictures being released since. As we can see- a BIG step up over the RuAF A-50U!

Still wouldn't mind a few more pics- these don't show very much at all. Especially being empty and with all the screens off.

+ @Liquidmetal -strike my last. I forget about these:

AWACS_010.jpg

AWACS_009.jpg

AWACS_008.jpg

The only pics in the public domain of the inside of the IAF's AWACS. These pics were released by IAI AFAIK so again the IAF has protected itself from such pictures being released since. As we can see- a BIG step up over the RuAF A-50U!

Still wouldn't mind a few more pics- these don't show very much at all. Especially being empty and with all the screens off.

Would love to see more of these lovely birds. Lucky IAF to have the means to buy such fantastic kit and also have the relationships for people to sell it to them. A lesson for China which can certainly afford it but does not have the trust of the US to be given such high end technology.

As a matter of personal education, how do these AWACs compare with the US AWACs?

Would love to see more of these lovely birds. Lucky IAF to have the means to buy such fantastic kit and also have the relationships for people to sell it to them. A lesson for China which can certainly afford it but does not have the trust of the US to be given such high end technology.

As a matter of personal education, how do these AWACs compare with the US AWACs?
The IAF's A-50EI PHALCON AWACS using the IAI EL/W-2090 is said to be the most capable and potent such system in operation with any AF around.

I agree- this ad is trying to speak to the younger generation of possible fighter jocks (and other a/c) and I'm sure a kick-a$$ display of the hardware they could fly in service would be much more enticing than this sentimental approach.

A good ad nonetheless.

And I do think this add will tug a few heart strings and will be quite engaging for many. Indians love the ideas of protecting their motherland/nation and their loved ones.

I really liked the last line "I will let nothing come between me and all that I love "

@sancho just spoke to my freind who works for a large defence firm (not Airbus) and deals with India almost exclusively. he tells me that the rumours around the Avro replacement deal are that orders will touch >150-200++ as apparently just recently the BSF, CRPF and ITBP have all been granted permission to get their own fixed wing transports. Then there is the ICG which is after both basic utility transports AND MPAs and I guess it would make sense to have a common platform. Then there is the NDMA/NDRF who too are lobbying for their own transport wing. And lastly my freind says there is almost certainly going to be a 10-20 unit requirement for the J-SOC India is raising and will have operational by the end of the decade.

Who ever wins this deal will win BIG. Once the manufacturing is started in India then anyone wanting such a class of a/c will simply go with this a/c and won't even need to really look elsewhere. Which ever Indian pvt entity bags this deal is going to see mammoth growth in their aerospace division.

Also apparently civil airlines are watching where this deal goes.

Interesting times ahead.......

@sancho just spoke to my freind who works for a large defence firm (not Airbus) and deals with India almost exclusively. he tells me that the rumours around the Avro replacement deal are that orders will touch >150-200++ as apparently just recently the BSF, CRPF and ITBP have all been granted permission to get their own fixed wing transports. Then there is the ICG which is after both basic utility transports AND MPAs and I guess it would make sense to have a common platform. Then there is the NDMA/NDRF who too are lobbying for their own transport wing. And lastly my freind says there is almost certainly going to be a 10-20 unit requirement for the J-SOC India is raising and will have operational by the end of the decade.

Who ever wins this deal will win BIG. Once the manufacturing is started in India then anyone wanting such a class of a/c will simply go with this a/c and won't even need to really look elsewhere. Which ever Indian pvt entity bags this deal is going to see mammoth growth in their aerospace division.

Also apparently civil airlines are watching where this deal goes.

I have some doubts on that, once because BSF already has their fixedwing aircrafts and they already decided for the C295, which means they have only an importance if the C295 would win in IAF as well. Secondly, aircrafts like the C295 or C27J are not interesting for civil airlines, since they wouldn't need a ramp or certain capabilities that are important for the forces. So if there would be a relation, only the AN 140 and the Saab 2000 would be options and by the fact that MoD is actually struggeling to get privat firms interested, since the order of 56 is reportedly too low for them to be cost-effective, it shows that there is currently no talk about 3 or even 4 times the requirements from MoD. Even these high numbers are questionable, since except of IAF, most forces don't require more than 10 to 15 aircrafts (and I am pretty sure them some of those you mentioned won't get it for sure), so hitting 100 would be difficult enough.

If there would be such a big requirement, they would go for more MTAs anyway, because that is still our (partner) development, which obviously should gain the most benefits and orders, with a foreign aircraft build under licence in smaller numbers.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom