What's new

Indian Air Force needs to upgrade Su-30MKI, says former air marshal

But imagine, their MKI fleet gets AESA upgrade over next 6 years + Rafales + Possible additional rafales + MK1A/MK2 + Migs and M2ks, wouldn’t that be something to really worry about in technological terms (not taking numerical superiority in question here ) ?

We will be even if on par or better in technology but numbers wouldn’t be enough to counter such a force. Although they have a poor active fleet record.
In your imagination, u forgot about their F35's, LCA's, F22's, F18's, F21's, SU35s, MIG35s, and many more....

Why do u think so ? I'm really interested to know.
Indian military is basically dominated by north India who share racial ancestry with Punjabi dominated Pakistan military.

Give all other sector of life from economy to sport to science and tech, in every field india dominats pakistan. Two days back our U-19 cricket team beat pakistan by 10 wickets.

I want to know the source of this confidence when u say Pakistani pilots outmatch Indian merely because they are india? Any rational idea behind such fantastic comment. Or is it self assurance when take panga with 6 times bigger country?

Though I feel honored that India looks up to Pakistani pilots as in your post, race has nothing to do with superior pilots.

But imagine, their MKI fleet gets AESA upgrade over next 6 years + Rafales + Possible additional rafales + MK1A/MK2 + Migs and M2ks, wouldn’t that be something to really worry about in technological terms (not taking numerical superiority in question here ) ?

We will be even if on par or better in technology but numbers wouldn’t be enough to counter such a force. Although they have a poor active fleet record.
Indeed. Just imagine AESA on MKI with increased detection range. It means they can install K77s on them. Their disadvantage of having a bigger RCS will be highly minimized. They already will be having Rafale with RBE 2 AESA Radar with Spectra EW. Israel will definitly give them a potent EW and remember they can carry huge load so more EW and ECMs it can have. Tejas MK1A will increase its numbers with Israeli AESA Radar. And you know how potent Israeli systems are

IAF unlike in Past will definitly have Technological advantage over PAF. They will be more numerical superior. We cannot even get F16s Blk 70/72s or get our ones upgraded to V Standard with AIM120Ds. Technological advantage is definitly shifting towards India's side

Anyone who is on twitter would know Christine fair has been criticizing the way India conducted Balakot strike and also agrees 27th feb version that support FT article since the beginning. She even hate Modi. So to imagine India invited her support IAF claims would be ignoramus.
She may hate Modi but Indians like her as she is an ardent critique of Pakistan armed forces hating an individual is one thing but we all saw how the Indian audience burst into applause when she ranted that it was Indias right to bomb the F out of Pakistan....
I don't understand what you are cribbing about multiple IDs? It's my first membership ID. I guess u hate to see counter replies that stops your ridiculousness assertions.
Oh, we have all the brains here, running around like a headless Chicken maybe your idea of countering but in hindsight you know well the obvious.... flying the so-called Balakot formation was the last straw....I mean it would have made sense if the IAF had only two SU-30s in its inventory....then again desperate times require desperate measures.

Indeed. Just imagine AESA on MKI with increased detection range. It means they can install K77s on them. Their disadvantage of having a bigger RCS will be highly minimized. They already will be having Rafale with RBE 2 AESA Radar with Spectra EW. Israel will definitly give them a potent EW and remember they can carry huge load so more EW and ECMs it can have. Tejas MK1A will increase its numbers with Israeli AESA Radar. And you know how potent Israeli systems are

IAF unlike in Past will definitly have Technological advantage over PAF. They will be more numerical superior. We cannot even get F16s Blk 70/72s or get our ones upgraded to V Standard with AIM120Ds. Technological advantage is definitly shifting towards India's side
Forget that Russia will sell K-77 to IAF that cheap, they won’t unless the deal involves the purchase of T-50 as well. India is in no position to bargain with Russia, India wants upgrades but Russia is the decider. If india raises a condition to sell them K-77s as well as part of upgrade, then Russia can altogether reject it or Ask them to buy SU-57 first.

There is nothing wrong in sharpening a good sword. I hope that the MOD is replaced by military men instead of civilians so programs like this can be proposed and cleared in a matter of months rather than years.

Forget that Russia will sell K-77 to IAF that cheap, they won’t unless the deal involves the purchase of T-50 as well. India is in no position to bargain with Russia, India wants upgrades but Russia is the decider. If india raises a condition to sell them K-77s as well as part of upgrade, then Russia can altogether reject it or Ask them to buy SU-57 first.
As the biggest arms importer in the world, every plausible provider is hawking their wares to India and making unprecedented offers.

Russia is cash strapped. They can't make their one of the top defense importers in bad mood. They would do anything for money. Upgrades comes with price too and Russia knows that something is better than nothing

In fact, IAF needs to upgrade its pilots and other staff.:lol:

Russia is cash strapped. They can't make their one of the top defense importers in bad mood. They would do anything for money. Upgrades comes with price too and Russia knows that something is better than nothing
No, I don’t think so that’s the case, since india upset Russia bigtime by withdrawing from T-50 program, Russia now bears a program cost that it wished it had never initiated, and SU-57 wouldn’t even cross 100 number for Russian Air Force as per reports by Russia.

Secondly, the recent tilt of India towards France (Rafale, Kaveri, Additional Rafales) and more of a growing relation between India and Israel in terms of JVs or Technical assistance and Technology sharing. And the fact that India if pursues MRCA further then won’t go Russian route at all.

I am not completely excluding the idea of Russia selling K-77 to india but i think Russia will try to play games first.

The super sukhoi upgrade program is stuck on a sticky wicket forever now. It has been years since the first announcement and yet we do not even have a final configuration from HAL. Not sure who is to blame, but at the current rate it may well be 2030 before all MKIs are upgrade to SS standard. At that point, the air frames would start acting their age! :disagree:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom