What's new

Indian Air Force MiG-29 Fighter Aircraft Upgradation In Final Stages

Looks like the fuel storage at the back has been added! Similar to smt grade. Mig 29 is the best looking 4th gen imo.
Since BD have close relation I think BD Should give order To HAL

UPG Upgrade is best Known Upgrade out there Russian Avionics Mated with Israelis and french EW's

Since BD have close relation I think BD Should give order To HAL

UPG Upgrade is best Known Upgrade out there Russian Avionics Mated with Israelis and french EW's
I don't think the internal politics will allow that.

Absolute silence on this. Last I heard there was some JV between Reliance and Almaz and price discussions were on.
Is there any movement on this? More-so which missiles are we negotiating to get - 48N6E3 or E2 or 40N6 ?

Will we also get these 9M96E and 9M96E2 Surface to Air Missiles?

@PARIKRAMA @Abingdonboy @Ankit Kumar @MilSpec @hellfire @Dash

I also wanted to understand when we say we are getting the S-400 system. What all is included in it and what are the options. A quick glance at the components.

Moreover what is in place to secure a S400 asset itself after deployment.

S400 Battery.PNG

Thanks!

Absolute silence on this. Last I heard there was some JV between Reliance and Almaz and price discussions were on.
Is there any movement on this? More-so which missiles are we negotiating to get - 48N6E3 or E2 or 40N6 ?

I also wanted to understand when we say we are getting the S-400 system. What all is included in it and what are the options. A quick glance at the components.

View attachment 337909

Thanks!
Yes we are getting those components as that is a standard package. The customization include broadly
  • Using TATA chassis for most of the vehicles wherever possible
  • The number of command posts is much more allowing us to actually expand the units reach and also interconnect them with different points of active passive detection.
  • Pantisir /Tor2M for Close protection systems along with deterrence against ARM and CMs
  • These Pantsirs and Tor2M have independent highly sensitive spectrum detection solutions again feeding into other big grid
  • The central grid has a Israeli LRTR which feeds into the system
  • Elements of HTK 77N6 series from S500
  • Broadly feeding the S400 MKI into Indian BMD grid
The grid gets layered response from different categories of response. If and when the grid becomes online it will have roughly
  • Satellite Real Time surveillance
  • Aerostats based monitoring
  • Radars of different spectrum and bands in Passive and Active both
  • S400 MKI or Rather S450 MKI
  • Barak 8 Systems
  • Akash/QRSAMs/Spyder system
  • AA batteries
Not included is Indian PAD/AAD systems when they will be available.

So what you will see is only a partial part of this plan being operationalise step by step. The whole system will take time to come online but partially the groundwork is already done. Its now you can say 35-40% work done already.

For more details wait for the Annual Summit. Reliance is there with AA and will produce most of the missiles and systems under MII. And this order is Tranche 1. Much more are planned .

As for missiles everything is there from 40N6, 48N6 to 9M96E2. We might not add lower than that or 9M96E one as that portion may be taken over by Barak8 and Akash/QRSAM/Spyder systems combo

Last edited:

View attachment 337909

Thanks!
Parikrama has given details about your questions.

There is one thing I would like to add though, MTCR had a positive impact on S400. Something we always forget :)

And @PARIKRAMA barak 8 is not a QRSAM. We still need the lower range missiles along with Spyder.

Parikrama has given details about your questions.

There is one thing I would like to add though, MTCR had a positive impact on S400. Something we always forget :)

And @PARIKRAMA barak 8 is not a QRSAM. We still need the lower range missiles along with Spyder.
but where did i say B8 is QRSAM
In fact i have clubbed QRSAM with Akash and Spyders
I am saying Barak8 will replace the lower end of S400 9M96E(upto 40km) with combination of Akash/QRSAM/Spyder. This is bcz 9M96E2 is upto 120 km so below that is our existing solutions.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom