What's new

Indian Air Base at Pathankot under attack by gunmen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard there was a second bomb attack on the base. Can anyone confirm this?
That sound was of a massive fart let out by the 5th JeM terrorist when he saw the Garud commandos coming to screw him before he was dispatched to hell! :D

Ok, seriously, there was no second attack. Only gunshots that drilled a few holes in the 5th terrorist's head an hour later! :-)

Wtf is going on man!!!an SF Lt.Col dies while handling unexploded ordinance, takes others with him, 4 other NSG are injured while defusing IED......either Security Forces were dum enough or Tangos were preety good at setting up the ieds, but then those idiots were calling their mothers from the battleground......wtf,
Pathankot terror attack LIVE: 10 soldiers martyred; fresh firing reported, two terrorists still holed up
A day after terror strike on IAF base at Pathankot, fresh grenade blast took place on Sunday morning. The grenade went off during search operations by security personnel. The mishap took place as personnel were destroying the unexploded ammunition.
Pained to know about demise of Lt. Col. Niranjan of NSG during mopping out operations at Pathankot, nation salutes his sacrifice: Home Minister Rajnath Singh
Pathankot terror attack LIVE: 10 soldiers martyred; fresh firing reported, two terrorists still holed up | Zee News

Pathankot attack: Fresh gunshots, blasts heard from inside air base, 3 injured
New DELHI: Fresh gunshots were heard while an Improvised Explosive Device exploded on Sunday during the combing operation at the Indian Air Force frontier base in Punjab's Pathankot, which was attacked by Pakistani terrorists on Saturday.

Three security personnel belonging to the National Security Guard were injured in the blast, news agency PTI said. The combing operation that began late on Saturday evening is still on.

There is speculation that a sixth terrorist could still be holed up inside the air base. The attackers, five of whom were killed on Saturday, are believed to belong to Jaish-e-Mohammad headed by Maulana Masood Azhar of the Kandahar hijack episode.

The attack came a week after Prime Minister Narendra Modi made an unscheduled visit to Pakistani counterpart Nawaz Sharif in an effort to revive talks between the two countries.
Officials said the attack on the military base, just 25 km from the border with Pakistan, bore the hallmarks of previous assaults by Pakistan-based militant groups, underscoring the fragility of recent efforts to revive bilateral talks between the uneasy neighbours.
Meanwhile, in the seventh casualty among the security forces, Lt Col Niranjan Kumar of the National Security Guard died in hospital on Sunday morning. He was injured in an IED blast while retrieving the body of a terrorist.

An eight-member team of the National Investigation Agency (NIA) has reached Pathankot in Punjab to take over the probe into the attack.

Pathankot attack: Fresh gunshots, blasts heard from inside air base, 3 injured - Times of India

my point remains the same, says something about professionalism of NSG

Read my post above

I will wait for the official report before I start making judgment on NSG's professionalism, right now all these news and tidbits are mere rumours and speculations. Let the dust settle down.

And even if we were to believe the news of 4 NSG personnel getting injured , then its part of the job, injury during bomb disposal isn't exactly unheard of.

False flag was the key word here yesterday

Wtf is going on man!!!an SF Lt.Col dies while handling unexploded ordinance, takes others with him, 4 other NSG are injured while defusing IED......either Security Forces were dum enough or Tangos were preety good at setting up the ieds, but then those idiots were calling their mothers from the battleground......wtf,

I will wait for the official report before I start making judgment on NSG's professionalism, right now all these news and tidbits are mere rumours and speculations. Let the dust settle down.

And even if we were to believe the news of 4 NSG personnel getting injured , then its part of the job, injury during bomb disposal isn't exactly unheard of.
Its the nature there job mishap occurs

Guy raising this issue .might piss in his pants if life and death situation arive

my point remains the same, says something about professionalism of NSG

Says what?

The most experienced EOD teams in the world have regular incidents like these happen to them.
They are pros, they are not gods.

Explosive disposal is a tricky business, you can never expect clear results within the expected parameters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom