What's new

Indian Air Base at Pathankot under attack by gunmen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Indian National Security Adviser boasts that he will pay 10 times demanded by BLA and TTP in their fight against Pakistan but all this is conveniently forgotten
PROOF?

Niar sahab I've never ever seen any attack in PAkistan media start blaming Pakistan... I have never ever seen this... show me any single footage of Pakistani media on the day of attack koi bhi video dekhayen kise bhi channel ki where Pakistani media blaming India or even name India or raw...

To be honest my opinion on Pak media is based on what i get to see here, and i am not a google buddy, have seen several bits of blaming india with out any proof, Same day ( i dono ) but that evening for sure....

For argument's sake, even if one was to entertain the frivolous Indian claims, ... Pathankot base houses MiG-21s, can that even be considered an asset or is it worth all the risk and effort.!!! It's 2016 not 1965.
IAF lost much more valuable assets through sabotage in the 80s.

Lagta hai you went though with my advice.

Nobody's blaming Pakistan here..

Blaming anti India elements in Pakistan..namely, Jaish E Mohammed or LET or Harkat Ul Mujadeen isn't exactly blaming the Pakistani people or the Pakistani establishment.
Lets put that aside for a minute.

From an Indian SP's phone calls were made to PK (allegedly). An imminent attack was perceived. Why didn't the IAF /IA beef up security? Why is the OP still ongoing after 10+hrs? Why a handful of attackers, have crippled an airbase for so long?

You can blame who ever you want of this incident, but history will also show a poor response from the Indian side.

Just yesterday- A senior Politician here was asking to scale down the defense budget and future plans of massive arms purchase- I suppose this will shut off any such voices for some time now- This Govt- needed some very strong excuse to explain S-400, Rafale, Barak-8, Apaches etc-

I was just saying why they are not willing tonsuspect their own forces that show no appetite for peace?
It's simple.
They don't have a history of being aggressors or derailing democracy.

For argument's sake, even if one was to entertain the frivolous Indian claims, ... Pathankot base houses MiG-21s, can that even be considered an asset or is it worth all the risk and effort.!!! It's 2016 not 1965.
IAF lost much more valuable assets through sabotage in the 80s.
What an incredibly stupid statement. IAF aircraft being destroyed on the ground in this kind of attack would have been HUGELY significant no matter what aircraft it was- even if it was a glider! Terrorism by definition is about perception and eliciting a disproportionate response to the actions carried out. Does one conduct a CBA before carrying out an attack based on the intended target judging for the "quality" of the target? In 26/11 Pakistani terrorists killed 166 people, more people than that probably died that month on the roads in India but which created more (and lasting) outrage and attention?

Anyway, all of the assets you might consider more "worthy" of an attack by your proxies are deployed further away from the IB, it is no coincidence that these guys hit the closest airbase to where they infiltrated.

I just wonder
Why a prescripted narrative against Pakistan military and ISI is propagated claiming it's against peace moves
When it's the Indian military which has constantly rejected easing of tensions and says its best time to keep pressure on Pakistan when it's busy in fight with Taliban
The Indian National Security Adviser boasts that he will pay 10 times demanded by BLA and TTP in their fight against Pakistan but all this is conveniently forgotten

Its was Indian military and spy agencies that forced Vajpai to back away from agreed peace sighing in Agra when Musharaf was there , the COAS of Pakistan army

On look Pakistan is buying 8 F16 this is proof it doesn't want peace
Just don't look at our billion dollars military purchases from west and Russia...lol

P's since the attackers will have their travel and identification documents on them and make phone calls to ISI HQ so we can't complain

I was just saying why they are not willing tonsuspect their own forces that show no appetite for peace?
Peace won't come until or unless COAS of both countries meet on the same table as they did before 1947 as part of British Indian Army

The intelligence agencies have intercepted four calls made by terrorists. According to reports, one of the terrorists called up his mother in Pakistan. During the conversation, the mother told her son to take his meal before dying in the attack.

Son, eat before you die: Pakistani mother told Pathankot terrorist

Son, eat before you die: Pakistani mother told Pathankot terrorist | Zee News

Lets put that aside for a minute.

From an Indian SP's phone calls were made to PK (allegedly). An imminent attack was perceived. Why didn't the IAF /IA beef up security? Why is the OP still ongoing after 10+hrs? Why a handful of attackers, have crippled an airbase for so long?

You can blame who ever you want of this incident, but history will also show a poor response from the Indian side.

From what perspective is it a failed defense? what makes you think it's a poor response?

An attack in airbase is not for its assets it holds alone.. Its a silly argument to say if its holds legacy fighters than its not a worthy target.
FYI that squadron is still in active service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom