What's new

Indian Air Base at Pathankot under attack by gunmen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing Surprising here but its good that the terrorists were contained in periphery of the air base. They were not able to do any damage to the fighter aircraft and helicopters

It can be a Khalistani movement, But there is no official communication from Indian authorities as they are busy with the operation itself....

Khalistani militants never attacked a military installation even at the height of Punjab Insurgency.

PS: Pathankot is 25Km from Pak Border.

It can be a Khalistani movement, But there is no official communication from Indian authorities as they are busy with the operation itself.... Lot of things said are media specuflation......Having said that, there was high alert in gurudaspur as there was intel, the intel said Jem.... Terrorists know their tactisc well, and they know what to do to sabotage the peace process...

As of now we do not know anything...... But some statments are suggesting that there will not be any attempt to stop the peace talks.....

C 130???? For what?
Let us see who will accept the responsibility of the attack.

Locals were saying that IAF personnel were alert as they asked shop owners to shut down their shops and leave the area last evening after car from Punjab's SP was jacked by a group of "miscreants".

What is surprising me is, Inspite of all these the terrorist manage to hold on for more than 8 hours...... (due credit to them to have neutralized 4 with out any damage to assets)

Very sad news.. RIP to the dead soldiers.. The thing one must keep in mind that without proper and complete investigation one must not make his or her mind. If Indian media already starts blaming Pakistan and Pakistan army then it won't matter what the reports are saying. Look at this thread already members have claimed its pakistan without an iota of proof or heck even the blame...

You destroy the peace process here and the game ends. It's hard but both sides must pursue peace talks..

despite prior warnings we lost lives of four security personals , not good .

would love to see government's response; pre election hardened stance or a mature response.

yeah i live near air force station , even visited it many time , even now can listen to gun firing , 3 mi 35 , cheetak , dhruv, c 130 , and some surveillance aircraft are high altitude are flying all around the base ,

Wow just wow!

agreed, need to wait for investigation and have clear picture... till than better don't blame to anyone.....

aside if any connection found still don't need to blame all cross border people..

I would like to see Indian govt response..

So far govt and its ministers have been matured enough to have kept quiet or said what is needed (i havent come across anything hawkish yet)....

Locals were saying that IAF personnel were alert as they asked shop owners to shut down their shops and leave the area last evening after car from Punjab's SP was jacked by a group of "miscreants".
they were on alert from last night after agencies got information from phone under surveillance of sp friend so let see wht happens

they were on alert from last night after agencies got information from phone under surveillance of sp friend so let see wht happens

Lot of confusion around this SP's kidnap...... I thought it was Sp's phone which was taken by them...... But then tell me one thing, how will these terrorist rely on a phone stolen from an Indian to be in touch with handlers?

What is surprising me is, Inspite of all these the terrorist manage to hold on for more than 8 hours...... (due credit to them to have neutralized 4 with out any damage to assets)
actually area is vast of this air force base tht why

From few articles that I have read I believe Indian forces try to prolong such stand offs hoping that terrorists run out of ammo once they are cornered during combat. I might be wrong but thats what I think might be the case here considering firing is still going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom