What's new

Indian aggression at LOC

It seems to be the other way around.

It's you who won't even contemplate the possibility that it might have been India (specifically Modi's administration) who has the most to gain from these border showdowns.

Modi was accusing the Congress government of being "weak" on Pakistan and China. So, how can he show that he is not "weak" like the Congress party? What has he done specifically that is different?

Since the details of these border clashes are unsupported by hard facts (which no one is going to release), what is wrong with discussing the possibilities, or simply answering questions?

You asked what incentive India might have for violating the ceasefire on the border, I gave you a possibility as an answer.

I am not sure he is as insecure as you are, to get all worked up when somebody calls him "weak". He is easily winning elections after elections without getting into any of these non-sensical issues. He doesn't need to prove anybody anything -- certainly not by shooting with small arms on a border where we want absolute peace!

Similarly, people have been constantly calling him anti-Muslim, you don't see him bending over backwards to disprove them, do you? But I digress.

If he is half worth his salt that people say he is, he would hurt Pakistan where it hurts most -- but not by getting into a "hit-and-giggle" match at the border.

But that is beside the point. The real point is it is clear for everybody to see what you are trying to do here! On the contrary, it is who you are simply trying to show how "tough" "China" is "on the other border". So Mr. Think Tank, thanks but no thanks!!!

I am not sure he is as insecure as you are, to get all worked up when somebody calls him "weak". He is easily winning elections after elections without getting into any of these non-sensical issues. He doesn't need to prove anybody anything -- certainly not by shooting with small arms on a border where we want absolute peace!

Similarly, people have been constantly calling him anti-Muslim, you don't see him bending over backwards to disprove them, do you? But I digress.

If he is half worth his salt that people say he is, he would hurt Pakistan where it hurts most -- but not by getting into a "hit-and-giggle" match at the border.

But that is beside the point. The real point is it is clear for everybody to see what you are trying to do here! On the contrary, it is who you are simply trying to show how "tough" "China" is "on the other border". So Mr. Think Tank, thanks but no thanks!!!

Maybe you should read this:

It really does seem like Modi is desperately trying to prove that he is not as weak as the Congress party.

But unfortunately for him, he is coming to the realization that despite the rhetoric, the balance of power on the border is the same as it was when the Congress party was in charge. Thus his options are severely limited, which is showing very clearly now.

I am in favor of this kutay-bili wala game... the reason is... Pakistan economy is already in bad shape... incase of Military aggression or increase of movement by militaries on the border.. foreign investment to economy of India will go down cuz fear of escalation... So this kuta-bili ka game in favor of Pakistan technically.. @ the end... China will again intrude into Indian's north border.... other side Pakistan India kuta bili game will turn into war.... I like this.. I like this.... best way to drain down Indian economy...
I seriously hope India make the blunder of starting war it has been long time since we have hunted and eliminated Indians lets do it on full scale once and for all

Latest Updates

Sharp Decline in Firing Along International Border in Jammu
Cheat Sheet | Edited by Sanchari Bhattacharya | Updated: October 10, 2014 07:56 IST
ce234908d7b84b89bb06d2c2cefffea3.jpg

Children and women move to safer places on a tractor after shelling from the Pakistani side in Samba district

JAMMU: There has been a sharp decline in firing from the Pakistani side along the international border in Jammu and Kashmir. Eight people have died in the week-long violence in the state and over 60 have been injured.

Here are the latest updates
  1. Firing was reported from Hira Nagar Sector and Samba Sector in Jammu and Kashmir late on Thursday night. The firing, which lasted only for a short time, targeted Border Security Force posts. No casualties were reported.
  2. Pakistani Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif is scheduled to meet top military officers today to discuss the worst violence at the border in over a decade. Pakistan's Defence Minister Khawaja Asif said, "We don't want to convert border tension between two nuclear neighbors into confrontation".
  3. The Pakistan Rangers had earlier reopened fire at 7 pm on Thrusday, using mortars and automatic weapons to target the RS Pura sector of Jammu and the Hirnagar sector of Kathua, reported Indo-Asian News Service. The Border Security Force had retaliated aggressively.
  4. 'Large towns are being deliberately targeted. There seems to be concerted effort to attack civilians," Chief Minister Omar Abdullah told NDTV. He also questioned the logic behind ruling out flag meetings. "Flag meets are necessary now to de-escalate tensions and bring ceasefire back on track," he said.
  5. Most villages along the International Border in Jammu, Samba and Kathua districts have been evacuated since the shelling started on October 6. More than 20,000 villagers have fled their homes.
  6. At an election rally in Maharashtra, Prime Minister Narendra Modi yesterday reiterated his government's tough stand on the confrontation. "Today, when bullets are being fired on the border, it is the enemy that is screaming. The enemy has realised that times have changed and their old habits will not be tolerated."
  7. India has warned Pakistan that it is not afraid of escalating fire and the forces have been given a free hand to deal with the situation. Sources in the government said PM Modi has indicted "broad guidelines about not succumbing to any blackmail and responding appropriately".
  8. "If Pakistan persists with this adventurism, our forces will make the cost of this adventurism unaffordable for it," said Defence Minister Arun Jaitley.
  9. Hostilities had spiked on Monday when five villagers were killed and 34 injured in Arnia in one of the worst violations of the 2003 ceasefire agreement by Pakistan. On Tuesday, two women died and 20 people were injured in firing through the night.
  10. India has accused Pakistan of firing to distract its forces and help militants infiltrate into Kashmir. Indian army sources tell NDTV they believe nearly 700 militants are waiting to cross into the Kashmir Valley from across the border.

Attachments

• 9548b01afe9318c9b3a02a9c74e66420.png
    9548b01afe9318c9b3a02a9c74e66420.png
    2.3 KB · Views: 48
  • 16332ace3d69396283af3fa0272ed9e2.png
    16332ace3d69396283af3fa0272ed9e2.png
    1.2 KB · Views: 39
  • dc10be1106859d788d3d72f1a04f3e7d.png
    dc10be1106859d788d3d72f1a04f3e7d.png
    1.6 KB · Views: 47
@Chinese-Dragon - I told you before when your soldiers entered their boundary that he cannot screw with China but will definitely start firing on Pakistan, which is precisely what happened. He has to look tough by shelling civilian villages. Coward!

Maybe you should read this:

I think you didn't read it fully yourself!
Here! This part!!!

Mr Modi took a different view. “When there is a challenge at the border, it is soldiers who answer with fingers on the trigger; it is not for politicians to respond.

The comments also came a day after Mr Modi raised hopes for an early end to the flare-up when he said: “Everything will be fine soon.”

It really does seem like Modi is desperately trying to prove that he is not as weak as the Congress party.

If you had any insight into Indian politics or the mood of the nation right now, you would have known that he is anything but desperate. All the ground was cleared by Congress itself for his ascent -- by being too incompetent and too corrupt during their term!!! :-)

He is already being hailed as the best PM we had (although it is too early and immature, IMO)!!!

But unfortunately for him, he is coming to the realization that despite the rhetoric, the balance of power on the border is the same as it was when the Congress party was in charge. Thus his options are severely limited, which is showing very clearly now.

How would you and I know what his options truly are???
I (certainly you too) don't have the resources at my disposal like him and I am not privy to what he knows. So reserve your judgement till then!

On a side note:
Although I am not a blind fan of Modi (and I have criticized him on a number of occasions), there is one thing that I will tell about the man. This guy is truly pragmatic! When US didn't issue him a VISA earlier, he didn't hold grudges. In stead, he went to US on a Sales Pitch for India! You see what I mean?

So when you accuse him of starting ceasefire violations just to show that he is "tough", it is immature and rather churlish!!!

@Chinese-Dragon - I told you before when your soldiers entered their boundary that he cannot screw with China but will definitely start firing on Pakistan, which is precisely what happened. He has to look tough by shelling civilian villages. Coward!

That article you linked had some very interesting quotes:

Times have changed, warns Modi - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

NEW DELHI: Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi cautioned Pakistan on Thursday that times had changed and ceasefire violations that New Delhi accuses Islamabad of carrying out across the Line of Control and adjoining international border in Jammu and Kashmir, would not be tolerated, reports said.

“Today, when bullets are being fired on the border, it is the enemy that is screaming,” Mr Modi told an election rally in Maharashtra where state polls are scheduled to be held on Oct 15.

“The enemy has realised that times have changed and their old habits will not be tolerated,” Mr Modi was quoted as saying.

His statements seem to strongly support our (now) shared theory that Modi is trying to look tough on the borders, in contrast to his predecessors.

And the result is a highly unfortunate round of bloodshed, which will probably just backfire, and end up making him look even less in control of the situation.

Modi pushed and found that in actuality, nothing really has changed on the border.

So when you accuse him of starting ceasefire violations just to show that he is "tough", it is immature and rather churlish!!!

I do agree that Modi is a very pragmatic person, and so he must have fully analyzed the possible political gains or losses he could make from this situation.

That article you linked had some very interesting quotes:

Times have changed, warns Modi - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

His statements seem to strongly support our (now) shared theory that Modi is trying to look tough on the borders, in contrast to his predecessors.

And the result is a highly unfortunate round of bloodshed, which will probably just backfire, and end up making him look even less in control of the situation.

Modi pushed and found that in actuality, nothing really has changed on the border.

I do agree that Modi is a very pragmatic person, and so he must have fully analyzed the possible political gains or losses he could make from this situation.

According to you it is his admission of guilt, Mr.Think Tank?

Do you even fully read the news article before you reply?

“Today, when bullets are being fired on the border, it is the enemy that is screaming,” Mr Modi told an election rally in Maharashtra where state polls are scheduled to be held on Oct 15.

“The enemy has realised that times have changed and their old habits will not be tolerated,” Mr Modi was quoted as saying.​

He is talking about their old habits aka "ceasefire violations" and that they will not be tolerated anymore. Nowhere is he saying that he started firing across just to prove that he is "tough", is he??? The point is, even if he started the ceasefire violations, you expected him to admit it in the public?

Regarding the rest of the rhetoric, why shouldn't he use the occasion (that presented itself to him) for an election rally? Would you rather that he kept mum in a public rally about the whole thing?

Heavy artillery fire across the India-Pakistan border in Kashmir has claimed more than 30 lives and left at least 50 people seriously wounded, according to senior military sources in Islamabad.

The fighting is "the worst in years", the source said, and has killed more than 20 Pakistani civilians.

More than 30 killed in clashes on India-Pakistan border - Telegraph

@Areesh @Windjammer @ares @AsianUnion @ Agnostic Muslim @balixd

British newspaper Telegraph is quoting Pakistani military sources that 20 Pakistanis have been killed this month.

Anyways BSF spokesperson Vinod Yadav said at 9:00AM that no BSF or Army personnel have lost their lives in Pakistani ceasefire violations/cross border firing this month. Severe damage has been inflicted on both personnel and infrastructure of Pakistan Rangers.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom