What's new

Indian actress once big in Pakistan, shouts Murdabad slogans in Parliament

Firstly what is "Murdabad", it's like a bad version of Zindabad right?

Secondly, that's why you should work on having a VIABLE domestic alternative to everything, even for Google.

I think China is one of the only major countries in the world where Google has a market share below 15%. Though even 15% in such a large population is still nominally a significant number.

OK I don't know who this lady is but keep in mind she is doing what any patriotic Indian would do and no different to what any patriotic Pakistani would do, why blame her for it?

I would never be happy when my fellow Pakistani's are martyred/killed why should we expect an Indian to be happy when his own countryman are killed?

Actually I don't consider it patriotic for Pakistanis to shout Hindustan Murdabad and I know most Pakistanis don't either, I've seen this first hand at a cricket match in Sharjah where some Pakistanis got the bright idea to **** off their counterpart Indian audience by shouting Hindustan Murdabad, they were given an earful by other Pakistanis that you can shout Pakistan Zindabad, but Murdabad is something deeply offensive in our culture.

Heck its in any culture. Americans view all those "Death to America" slogans as enemy slogans as well.

Firstly what is "Murdabad", it's like a bad version of Zindabad right?

Secondly, that's why you should work on having a VIABLE domestic alternative to everything, even for Google.

I think China is one of the only major countries in the world where Google has a market share below 15%. Though even 15% in such a large population is still nominally a significant number.

Zinda = Live

Abad = Forever

Murda = Dead

Abad = Forever.

Zinda-Abad

Murda-Abad.

Actually I don't consider it patriotic for Pakistanis to shout Hindustan Murdabad and I know most Pakistanis don't either, I've seen this first hand at a cricket match in Sharjah where some Pakistanis got the bright idea to **** off their counterpart Indian audience by shouting Hindustan Murdabad, they were given an earful by other Pakistanis that you can shout Pakistan Zindabad, but Murdabad is something deeply offensive in our culture.

Heck its in any culture. Americans view all those "Death to America" slogans as enemy slogans as well.

True. That's why my signature says "Long live PRC" and not "Death to our numerous rivals".

Which would just be rude, not patriotic.

Zinda = Live

Abad = Forever

Murda = Dead

Abad = Forever.

Zinda-Abad

Murda-Abad.

OK that's more harsh than I thought.

And I am sure she never cared for her serials being popular in Pakistan.

Nothing against the country itself.

I don't know why some Pakistanis feel as if they own part shares of Indian movies or TV content, just because they are allowed to watch it.

Also, it's not as if she is doing it without reason.

You seemed to have missed a point, which @Armstrong did catch.

I dunno if some of us even bothered to read what @Awesome wrote ? :undecided:

He was talking to Pakistanis ! :unsure:

This is not a plea for Indian actors to change, but a realization or a wake up call for Pakistanis that who they pay to watch and give their hard earned money to - may just be rabidly anti-Pakistani.

Whether or not Indian actors change as a result of this damnation/condemnation of theirs is immaterial as it could never be ascertained what any actor may really feel in their hearts until and unless they have a breakdown like she did and reveal her/his true self.

It of course has deeper implications about trade with India and all the MFN fiasco. I wish it was different and that the ZH and the SI's of South Asia were not in the positions they are today.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is not a plea for Indian actors to change, but a realization or a wake up call for Pakistanis that who they pay to watch and give their hard earned money to - may just be rabidly anti-Pakistani.

Whether or not Indian actors change as a result of this damnation/condemnation of theirs is immaterial as it could never be ascertained what any actor may really feel in their hearts until and unless they have a breakdown like she did and reveal her/his true self.

It of course has deeper implications about trade with India and all the MFN fiasco. I wish it was different and that the ZH and the SI's of South Asia were not in the positions they are today.

Then you should give this incident more publicity to increase awareness.

Like Google's tantrum in China. (Though in that case it was Google itself who did most of the work).

Before the incident, Google in China had a market share of 35.6% and growing fast.

Now, its market share is 15% and shrinking. :lol:

yaar ye tu gharalu politics mayn zindabad murdabad karti thi

ye kahan say assembly politics mayn aa gaee

So what is shocking here? Only thing that is shocking for me is reaction of some Pakistanis as if they didn't knew this before. Hatred is taught to indians since they are 4-6 years old, thanks to indian army & indian media who is injecting venom & hatred into young indians brain.

Ok...so???? She is a politician now

So what is shocking here? Only thing that is shocking for me is reaction of some Pakistanis as if they didn't knew this before. Hatred is taught to indians since they are 4-6 years old, thanks to indian army & indian media who is injecting venom & hatred into young indians brain.

No bro.. brainwashing is done in your schools. . U will find Many such threads on pdf

Who cares, she's in her country and has the right to say what she wants. I'm just upset that we had to see the ugly creature's face on our forum, yuk....

Pakistan murdabad? Not now, not ever dream on my dear....

By the way these crap Indian dramas are hardly watched by anyone now. Its all the about the Turks!

Oh my :)

ishq.jpg

What rondhupan is this....whoever liked her on TV liked her for her acting 'talent', not for her political views.

Ridiculous logic by senior members here who are saying this is part of the Indian "strategy". Seriously, grow up and post something above the level of troll boys.

Lastly, most Indian people found this serial over the top but still watched it for the entertainment value. There are quite a few thoughtful and well made serials in India which never became popular, and so you have never heard of them. So if you are judging Indian quality based on Ekta Kapoor stuff, do some research.

You seemed to have missed a point, which @Armstrong did catch.

I didn't miss it really. And yes, it is perfectly fine as far as I concerned for Pakistanis to watch our content or ban it.

I think we should not ban Pakistanis from watching our content though. We should allow them if they prefer to.

Two points:

One: Indian actors or even producers don't make much money from Pakistan. Most of the revenue that is generated from them helps the Pakistani economy. E.g. Your theaters and TV channels keep the vast majority of the revenue and are probably surviving because of Indian content. There is likely no local content of comparable quality.

I would think Pakistan contributes less than 1% of the revenues for Indian movies that do get released. The TV shows are sold for peanuts as well.

So revenue from Pakistan is not a factor at all.

Two: They are not anti Pakistani let alone being rabidly so. This was a specific protest against a specific gruesome act.

She reacted to the terror coming in from Pakistan and a specific incident. That's all.

So now SI = ZH!

Does she want a Ghazwa-E-Pakistan?

Does she say that Musalmaans are a ghaleez qaum?

Does she have hundreds of videos on Youtube and interviews on Indian TV abusing Muslims and Pakistan?

Does she even have a history of abusing Pakistan o Muslims?

ZH and the various other organizations in Pakistan are a uniquely Pakistani phenomenon with hardly any parallel anywhere, borne of unique societal conditions, history and the decisions that the country chose to make.

Shariff mentioned recently that Pakistan is an unfortunate country. I won't comment about that but let's not draw parallels where there are none.

I personally would prefer peace with every neighbor, even better would be great neighborly relations.

At the very least you expect civilized relations with no terrorists being trained and sent, the incessant hostility being spread by the likes of Saeed (who seems to be such a hero here) and no active pathetic attempts to sabotage each other.

As long as you have a bunch of kids being sent to India to die at an average age of 16 years, there will be people here who will react.

Too bad you don't like it and chose not to watch their stuff.

She was an actress she had lot of fan following.... Typical Ektha kapoor Bahu........ Well i dont think she acts anymore and she opted a new profession Politics.... and she is over qualified for that post because she knows acting well.... Dont read too much to her statements my friends... she is doing the role her party asked to... earlier it was Ekta kapoor thats it...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom