What's new

Indian actor and IPL Team owner Shah Rukh Khan bats for Pakistan

Here is more:

Shetty, Zinta 'threatened into snub'

Bollywood stars Shilpa Shetty and Preity Zinta have added a new twist to the IPL affair by claiming that they were threatened into snubbing Pakistani cricketers at the auction.

According to a report by an Australian publication ‘The Age’, Shetty told India’s ‘Mid-Day’ that threats were made against her team and any subsequent Pakistan cricketer picked by her franchise.

“You must look at it pragmatically and see that we have had these people who are constantly threatening,” Rajasthan co-owner Shetty told Indian publication Mid-Day. “It's not something we hold against the Pakistani players.

“We completely understand the situation but as franchise owners are we willing to take that risk? If something happens to the Pakistani players, the onus lies on us and who is going to take responsibility for a situation like that?

“When we said 'availability', we wanted complete assurance that those players would be available in the country and that we were going to be able to provide security for them,” she added.

Preity Zinta, co-owner of Kings XI Punjab, reportedly told an Indian-language TV channel: “We would have loved to have the T20 world champions in our teams to bring real joy to the extravaganza but what can we do if we have certain threats about not [only] our own safety but the safety of the Pakistani players too, with no official quarter assuring us of foolproof security of players during the tournament?”

The report comes just as Darren Berry, former Australia first-class cricketer and a member of the Rajasthan Royals coaching staff, revealed that teenage Pakistani batsman Umar Akmal was the Royals top pick for this season’s IPL auction and was surprised at the omission. He wrote:

“After spending the past two weeks in India preparing for the Indian Premier League in March, I am staggered at the recent treatment of the Pakistan players. I agree with Shahid Afridi that he and his countrymen were humiliated in the IPL auction in Mumbai last week. …I do not have all the information - and possibly never will as this was a very delicate issue played out behind the scenes. However, I do know - due to my coaching role with the Rajasthan Royals - that a few weeks ago Umar Akmal was No. 1 priority on the Royals' shopping list. All of a sudden he was not available. As the auction unfolded live on TV in India, it became evident that it wasn't just Umar Akmal who was in the no-go zone, but all of the Pakistan players. The press in India asked plenty of questions but got few straight answers.”

For full reports click on the links below:
Threats blamed for IPL Pak snub
Paks humiliated as IPL teams run scared

DAWN.COM | Cricket | Shetty, Zinta 'threatened into snub'

Its Shilpa Shetty's hubby who bought her 12% shares of Rajasthan Royals. 12% is nothing. Shilpa Shetty is only for glamour.

Same goes with Priety Zinta. Ness Wadia (Grandson of Jinnah) who was Priety's boyfriend then had bought shares of Kings XI Punjab for her, as of today after their split, her share in the team is very less.

Once again she is their for glamor and hugging and kissing her team players.

Both dont have any decision making authority.

Besides it was Shilpa who had initially said that IPL team owners don't need to explain anything to anyone over this issue.

GB

I think SRK is actually feeling guilty and perhaps explaining.
In IPL 2 he had 5 Pak players and none could play, which disturbed the balance of KKR and everyone know how KKR did last year. So if this year no one bid for PAK player it might have something to do with KKR.

So if you see it, there was good reason why owner did not bid for PAK players, the owners are there to make money and hence they have to take this into account.

I however feel that they could have handled it better, if all the owners knew they are not bidding for PAK players they should have notified Lalit Modi and he should have notified PCB.

I find nothing wrong with owners decision, the only thing that is wrong is that they did not communicated well enough.

I think SRK is actually feeling guilty and perhaps explaining.
In IPL 2 he had 5 Pak players and none could play, which disturbed the balance of KKR and everyone know how KKR did last year. So if this year no one bid for PAK player it might have something to do with KKR.

So if you see it, there was good reason why owner did not bid for PAK players, the owners are there to make money and hence they have to take this into account.

I however feel that they could have handled it better, if all the owners knew they are not bidding for PAK players they should have notified Lalit Modi and he should have notified PCB.

I find nothing wrong with owners decision, the only thing that is wrong is that they did not communicated well enough.

Even in IPL-1 with 5 Pakistani players story was not different.

Shoaib Akhtar and Umar Gul were completely flop.

GB

Well maybe he doesnt want his flicks to be banned in PAKISTAN.

that is surely one of the reason, he had 5 players and he bid for none so he has to give some explanation.

Some people here though he wanted others to buy.:azn:

Before mumbai attack KRR had 5 players from Pakistan and as SK saying himself ppl in India was always asking why do u have 5 players from Pakistan. It was before mumbai attacks. So it just shows mentaly over there. Every Indian who comes to Pakistan never forget what wonderfull time they have there. Many players have said that on media

He is just confirming as other actors saying that some one in India sured that no team will buy Pakistani player and who is so powerfull to do that ? Goverment ? Hindu extreme groups or lal modi him self ?

Maybe SK should tell who told him not to buy Pakistani players when he confirmed he wanted Abdual Razaq in his team. Maybe than we can belive him

I have one solution in IPL there is one *** hole until he is there nothing going to happen LALIT MODI and other probleum is enough is enough india why double standards than why u play WC matches with pak for those points and i must crtisis PCB we should stand infront of ICC and say ok if india wants this ok than ICC should ban all matches indo pak even in WC if not they must play other wise do not cut any points of pakistan team in WC let india get punishment and get out of WC and in future we not play any sports with india anymore we always wanted to play but india was never serious ok and let india test its own medicine we wanted sports free but seems like india not so be same as them boycot WC 2010 hockey in india

khood ko kar buland itna ka KHUDA pocha tughsa ka bata teri raza kiya hai advise too all dishearted pakistani players

[url="http://

indians are no more world's biggest demcracy and exposed this is their true face

Last edited by a moderator:
sansible and maturely my foot world champs are not taken and she say we should act maturely thats why she keept failing in films tooo.

Its Shilpa Shetty's hubby who bought her 12% shares of Rajasthan Royals. 12% is nothing. Shilpa Shetty is only for glamour.

Same goes with Priety Zinta. Ness Wadia (Grandson of Jinnah) who was Priety's boyfriend then had bought shares of Kings XI Punjab for her, as of today after their split, her share in the team is very less.

Once again she is their for glamor and hugging and kissing her team players.

Both dont have any decision making authority.

Besides it was Shilpa who had initially said that IPL team owners don't need to explain anything to anyone over this issue.

GB

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTT????????????????????????????

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom