What's new

India’s poor losing out to the nation’s global ambitions

create more jobs for poors, give them free medical service,give better education oppertunities to their childerns. but doing all this need honest,a sincere,establishment

Well that what even a layman would say, everything for free and better everything.

I think think the major problem is that there is no industry that the lower classes can enter easily....for example China's economic upturn has been from production (amongst other things) of goods that can manufactured by poorly educated person thus allowing them to raise themselves.
In India the surge in jobs has been in many things but generally it has been in mid level jobs which creates a new middle class. The key is to create jobs that will benefit the poor. (Such as low level manufacturing etc etc)

Good point key, especially from a army guy. :)

The retail reforms and the development projects in infra sector would bring in a lot of low level jobs.

The alternative is for the government to tighten taxation, reduce the subsidies and tax benefits aimed at middle class and lower middle class, tighten the noose on corporate tax evasion and initiate a concerted targetted campaign against the extreme poverty that is so visible in India. .

Tax reforms is a must, by this i mean a efficient system of tax collection has to be in place.

Unfortuanetly your attitude is common, you firstly deny that people living in terrible poverty is a problem even when the defacate in the streets and then secondly you follow up with the argument that even if it were a problem then there is nothing that can be done about it..

I dont deny anything i never said we dont have poverty, you are putting words into my mouth.

Things are being done, its not visible bcoz thats the severity of the situation.

Indonesia, Mexico and Brazil have all at least initiated targetted campaigns against extreme poverty, sadly the same is lacking in India and Pakistan and with such attitutes is not going to change soon.

Well you need to read about the guaranteed wages program and the social security programs implemented by the govt.

Well that what even a layman would say, everything for free and better everything.

not every thing free first when they have job they will pay tex in return they get free med.,edu. services as today in developed nations

Man even a kid could have given a reply like this, the question is what can be DONE to achieve the above mentioned things. We all know that jobs need to be created, the question is HOW? Read my previous post to know about the job creation dilemma!!

And go read the main pts of the Indian Budget this time, you wil find your answers.

why not GOI give more tex release to investors, today most of indian investers moving in other countries

not every thing free first when they have job they will pay tex in return they get free med.,edu. services as today in developed nations

You mean a below povery level guy starts earning 150K a year to pay tax. Give practical examples dist.

why not GOI give more tex release to investors, today most of indian investers moving in other countries

You need to read a lot more.
Investors are not able to come in bcoz of the resrtictions placed on them.

Factors such as right price given to farmers and other low level workers can be a great help in reducing the gap and giving them sufficient purchasing power. Better policies such as fair trade is one of the example.

Excellent response alamgir, Let me try to reply I see that poverty in India is reducing each year, GOI is already leving 2 % cess on Taxes for education they have increaded by 1 % this year, In addition they are providing free meals for school going children in school this is to lure children to school.
ALL Public hospitals provide free service to the poor, But there is much to be done to transport them to these hospitals. Muncipal schools are offer free education to poor.
About honest and sincere establishment yes India can improve there we do have corrupt officials but now they are made more accountable.
But still there are limitations of Public schools if you compare to private schools.

There is an even massive difference between Public and Private schools in Uk. India is on the right track but more allocation from budget can be put to education, health care job creation from other sectors such as defence. The Huge population of India is a big challenge. No matter how strong a country may become until the people become strong it is no use. People living under one dollar a day is usually misleading only if we take people living on less than 1.10 dollars a day.

What is there to brag about?
This is not just about india,pakistan follows the same economic model which does not work.
The gap betwen rich and poor is increasing in pakistan also.
The The Human Development Index (HDI) is a better system to measure how happy and wealthy a nation is rather then GDP.
There are plenty of alternative to a capitalist system.
Of all forms of government and society, capitalisim is the worst. It gives the fullest freedom for activities of private persons and groups who often identify their own interests, essentially selfish, with the general welfare of the people.

Effecient Taxation and Effective welfare systems are the only answer to control the cons of a Capitalist system. There is also huge poverty in the west. It is not visible or surviving hand to mouth. In some industrialised nations poverty is in the double figures. GDP has nothing to do the welfare of the country but certainly the size and productivity and output of a country. For E.g the GDP of Brunei is less than $6 billion but per income capita income of around $20,000. Comparable to many western nations. Its' the GDP Per Person that is still reliable although it only takes the average and not how many percentage of the population it has covered makes it less reliable.
Can you tell me other alternatives to a capitalist system other than communism as wealth is only created by the private sector?
:agree: :coffee: :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom