What's new

‘India willing to invest at least $20b in Pakistan’

ajtr

BANNED
Reaction score
‘India willing to invest at least $20b in Pakistan’

LAHORE: Indian investors have shown willingness to invest $20 billion to 50 billion in Pakistan’s mining, petroleum, energy, power and infrastructure projects. Pak-India Business Council (PIBC) Chairman Noor Muhammad Kasuri said that there are several big investors in India interested in exploring opportunities in Pakistan. Kasuri returned from India on Tuesday after a fortnight visit and having meetings with the Indian business community.
He added that the Indian private sector has also shown eagerness to export electricity to Pakistan through Wagah-Attari border and can lay electricity lines within months for this purpose. At the Nuclear Security Summit in March, India had formally offered Pakistan 5,000MW of electricity during a brief meeting between Indian Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh and Prime Minister Yousaf Raza Gilani.
After enhancement in trade ties, opportunities for big projects like gas pipeline project between Turkmenistan, Afghanistan, Pakistan and India will further increase. He stated that access and acceptability for Pakistani products in Indian markets has been improved after recent initiatives to improve relations between both governments.
PIBC Chairman also examined that India has developed infrastructure in tourism, information technology, agriculture, business and industrial fields and Pakistan can take advantage from Indian experiences.
Moreover, Pakistani businessmen and industrialists should avail opportunities in this regard through hard work and honesty. PIBC has also suggested to governments of both the countries to establish joint industrial and economic zones.

:woot:...........:blink:

If it happens, we can surely see better relations in future....

Yessssss MWAHAHAAHA ,,,ur mine now.:devil:
This is a Hindooo PLoy .

VQ3vgxkGeqrqgbr5kxreOc2Vo1_400.jpg

on a serious note ,what is India thinking, well i hope they have enough reserves as they claim they have.

:tdown:

kyon ji.....?

jahan dil na ho,wahan kyon paisa lagana :woot:
i mean,there have been saturation in indo pak relations and pakistanis have always tried to get the leverage over other issues by trade opening and india is against it...

2)There are very few persons who have optimistic approach towards this country...and india have shifted to china and it will be better to control them which is bigger threat.

One man/Politician can not change the mindset.. They will keep hating Hindu Baniyas no matter what, why and when..
They are allowing us to get attach with their economy directly. If things remain good, we have profit, and if things go bad, we would have certain leverage. Also it may diminish the chances of conflict. Employment to local population will certainly increase professional ties if not emotional.

I think its a good opportunity which we shouldn't let go....

The economic environment in Pakistan is not exactly conducive for investments in the near future - Moody's just recently downgraded Pakistan. There are multiple destabilizing factors in operation in Pakistan - social problems, resource deficiency, violence, terrorism, weak Government, major law and order problems - Karachi is the prime city of business - but Karachi is in turmoil presently. Doesn't make good investment sense currently.

Though if the goal is to give a helping hand for them to stabilize than I am all for it.

i don't see it happening anytime soon

N pakistanis will never stop hating indian(hindus) everybody knows that they have been teaching hatred in their schools for so long that it will take decades to nullify it

n most important question whats the security of our investment there

at max i think there will be JVs n most of the goods will be either fully manufactured in india or might be assembled in pakistan Atleast for 5-10 years n then if there is some positive respone n pakistan improves its law n order situation then we can talk about long term indian investment

But its definitely not gonna happen the way the article suggests....

Systematic annhiliation of Pakistan industry was masterminded by RAW.

Killings of employees of locla contractors in Baluchistan was part of Indian stretegy of controlling Pakistan economy.

This is why govt. of Pakistan discourage local investments in alternate energy sector and minning sector.

This is why all the terrorism to keep investors form other states away.

Back
Top Bottom