What's new

India will never be a great country, won't surpass China - Jim Rogers

Jim is probably still upset about what happened to his wife when they were touring in India. Actually it was a pretty obvious sign regarding how women are treated in India, and I'd say quite a predictive sign considering the recent rape mayhem in India.

stantards of living?India has better HDI,per capita income and infrastructure.
technology??Pakistan is better??:omghaha::omghaha:
FDI??
more in pakistan?really?:omghaha::omghaha:

LOL it seems yr history only begins since 2008 only.:rofl:

Yes of course.

Ok, now post the following statistics to prove your statement, otherwise its nothing more than mere trolling:

- HDI values, FDI influx, average income of both countries in the early 2000s
why dont u check it because i know its true.

Check since 60s,70s,80s etc etc.

Talking about past glory?What glory?:omghaha:
You still doesnt have the infrastructure we had in the 1980s,your literacy rate is so low....And when did you had any FDI??lol!!

why dont u check it because i know its true.

Check since 60s,70s,80s etc etc.

Ok lets start with the FDI inflow, here the data of the FDI inflow. Pre 2000 is hard to find and not really important since the globalization really started to take effect in India during this time. And I guess that applies to Pakistan as well.

FDI-Inflows-in-India.png

Pakistan
FDI-inflows-in-Pakistan.jpg

Bull cr@p.. I stoped reading when the OP said avaerage speed of Goods carrying truck is 10 miles per hr... Its about 45-50 km per hour....

Disregarding the details, the title is right. 10 years ago, the gap betweenchina and India may have been smaller than it is today.

How is Jim Rogers wrong ? Compare where India and China was 10 years ago when this article was written and compare India and China today. You will see that his prediction that India will be a great nation but cannot over take China has so far been correct.

GDP of China and India in 2002 was for China 1454 billion $ and for India 511 billion $ or China's economy was 2,85x larger than that of India's.

Today China's GDP is 8250 billion $ and India's GDP 1947 billion $ or China's economy is 4,24x larger than that of India's. The gap between China and India has widen considerably over the past 10 years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_past_and_future_GDP_(nominal)

How is Jim Rogers wrong ? Compare where India and China was 10 years ago when this article was written and compare India and China today. You will see that his prediction that India will be a great nation but cannot over take China has been so far correct.

GDP of China and India in 2002 was for China 1454 billion $ and for India 511 billion $ or China's economy was 2,85x larger than that of India's.

Today China's GDP is 8250 billion $ and India's GDP 1947 billion $ or China's economy is 4,24x larger than that of India's. The gap between China and India has widen considerably over the past 10 years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_past_and_future_GDP_(nominal)

India joined WTO in 1995 or 1996 but we joined only in 2001. We have far surpassed India as a great exporting, importer and trading nation. We are now the world's largest goods exporter, 2nd largest goods importer and largest goods trader. India has always had lower labour costs than us. We have completely outperformed India. No doubt about it.

Ok lets start with the FDI inflow, here the data of the FDI inflow. Pre 2000 is hard to find and not really important since the globalization really started to take effect in India during this time. And I guess that applies to Pakistan as well.

FDI-Inflows-in-India.png

Pakistan
FDI-inflows-in-Pakistan.jpg
Wrong stats.

If u have sources then provide them since 60s 70s etc etc. Just of a single recent decade is not good enough.

And u forgot to show stats for standard of living, wages etc etc.

Talking about past glory?What glory?:omghaha:
You still doesnt have the infrastructure we had in the 1980s,your literacy rate is so low....And when did you had any FDI??lol!!

:rofl:

really?

Here comes another dreamy indian!!!!

mera bharat mahan fan:lol:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom