What's new

India will have 'super-supercomputer' by 2017

What achievement are you talking about? You call this 132 exaflpos super-supercomputer only exists on Toi as an achievement? No wonder people say your lot have a hard time distinguishing between delusion and reality.

We love to see India makes progress in every field, it is people like you keep embarrassing your own country and made it a laughing stock, with your unmatched ignorance and very loud mouth.

No I am sorry. Your 250 peta flop was a great achievement but our 138 exa flop super computer is nothing great. I forgot that I am on PDF and there are many chinese posters are there.

Actually i am surprised that why this time all chinese members are not telling us liar, big mouth and do not bring senitation issue here. You can have a humble begining.

Listen dunderhead, stop sounding as if the likes of Altera, Xilink and Lattice are Indian companies. :rofl:

Does India make chips of any sort? I mean ANY sort? The answer is a resounding NO. :tdown::lol:

In tne meanwhile, China has started using FPGAs onboard its micro-satellite and satellite constellation:

中新网哈尔滨11月18日电 (记者 王舒 史轶夫)18日晚,哈尔滨工业大学对外发布消息称,作为“长征十一号”运载火箭搭载的脉冲星试验卫星“XPNAV-1”载荷之一,由该校研制的“可编程SOC计算载荷”打破国外高性能宇航级计算器件的禁运限制,将完成一系列科学验证与空间探测实验。

本月10日7时42分,“长征十一号”运载火箭发射成功,火箭搭载的脉冲星试验卫星“XPNAV-1”顺利升空并成功进入预定轨道。作为星上载荷之一,哈工大电气学院自动化测试与控制研究所研制的“可编程SOC计算载荷”开始了空间探索之旅,将完成一系列科学验证与空间探测实验。此次搭载实验是研究所在嵌入式高性能计算、空间辐射防护技术、系统健康管理等领域研究成果在空间的首次工程化验证。

“可编程SOC计算载荷”旨在应对未来微小卫星、卫星星群的高性能低成本计算需求。研究针对空间辐射环境的可靠性设计加固技术,采用工业级高性能异构器件实现故障可容忍的空间计算系统,从而可将星载计算机性能提升10倍以上,突破每秒20亿条指令,并大幅降低成本,打破国外高性能宇航级计算器件的禁运限制。

目前,该计算载荷已经在轨开机自检,数据传输及各项指标均正常。后续该计算载荷将完成工业级器件空间辐射防护设计技术验证,完成工业级静态随机存储器(SRAM)工艺现场可编程门阵列器件(FPGA)的可重构技术验证、单粒子翻转及防护方法技术验证、在轨总剂量性能退化实时监测技术验证、在轨闩锁检测防护技术验证,并进行空间高光谱图像分类处理方法原型验证、空间锂离子电池荷电状态评估方法技术验证、基于异构加速方法的飞轮动力学方程解算技术验证等一系列实验。

通过此次搭载,实验成果将为卫星尤其是微小卫星、深空探测、空间站等航天任务提供具备自主知识产权的在轨计算能力支持,解决装备在轨自主运行管理、在轨系统健康管理、装备人工智能等先进技术理念的空间应用计算瓶颈问题,降低微小卫星成本,助力中国航天事业发展。(完)

Have no idea what the above says? Time to learn Chinese dude. :lol::D
Actually firstly, although I am not a ee engineer, what I understand about fgpa is that it's a larger scale controller and more basic. You can't really compare it with a microprocessor, you basically can integrate processorz into fgpa modules. Correct me if I am wrong.

No I am sorry. Your 250 peta flop was a great achievement but our 138 exa flop super computer is nothing great. I forgot that I am on PDF and there are many chinese posters are there.

Actually i am surprised that why this time all chinese members are not telling us liar, big mouth and do not bring senitation issue here. You can have a humble begining.
The purpose is to stop bragging...do it first...achieve it then celebrate...you guys look so stupid shouting n cheering for something planned but not achieved.

I am more excited with the hidden possibility with whcih we shall be able to make our ordinry super computers using this new architech work as fast as peta flop or in the range of exa flop. This has opened the way of India having 100+ exaflop range computers in india like the tera flop computers we have right now. If our best will be a 138 exa flop, our other computers shall surely be of 1 exaflop range.

See, your lot never figure out this simple fact, achievement is something on the ground, not something on paper, worse, on wrong piece of paper with mistake, and not something out of someone's mouth either, it doesn't matter how big it is. :partay:

Actually firstly, although I am not a ee engineer, what I understand about fgpa is that it's a larger scale controller and more basic. You can't really compare it with a microprocessor, you basically can integrate processorz into fgpa modules. Correct me if I am wrong.

The purpose is to stop bragging...do it first...achieve it then celebrate...you guys look so stupid shouting n cheering for something planned but not achieved.

Why you are so conecered if we have not made it. The article was just posted here like many other articles and you guys start bragging. This thread would not cross even 1 page if you gusy would not have bragged here. It is still bellow 3 page.

See, your lot never figure out this simple fact, achievement is something on the ground, not something on paper, worse, on wrong piece of paper with mistake, and not something out of someone's mouth either, it doesn't matter how big it is. :partay:

Nobody has asked for any certificate from you. It is you guys who flooded the thread with you BS. Why are you so much concern when an article is just posted on PDF regarding something good in pdf and you try to undermine it.

Nobody has asked for any certificate from you. It is you guys who flooded the thread with you BS. Why are you so much concern when an article is just posted on PDF regarding something good in pdf and you try to undermine it.

Because we are nice enough to educate you it was BS. :cheesy:

It doesnt matter wht they think but whenever they talk they just like to involve China and tht my fren irratates ppl.

Where did we involve china. It was you guys who started trolling. We do not give any shit to any one.

LMAO
Let's stop enlightening the delusional and ignorant people, just celebrate world's most developed supa powa computer in hindustan!

I give up on some indians. C-DAC's fastest supercomputer is capable of achieveing 1/2 a PFlop/s at peak (0.520 PFlop/s RPeak) and now some are claiming developing a 138 ExaFlop/s. Would it not be wiser to build the system and WOW the world then brag?

To achieve just 1 ExaFlop/s the current C-DAC system would need to be over 2000 times faster, and to achieve 138 ExaFlop/s you'd need to be 138 times faster then that. Or in other word C-DAC would need to develop a system thats roughly 276,000 times faster then the fastest system C-DAC has achieved so far!

Even a world leader in supercomputing Cray is having trouble developing a 1 ExaFlop/s system until the "Shasta" platform is developed around mid 2018.

I am more excited with the hidden possibility with whcih we shall be able to make our ordinry super computers using this new architech work as fast as peta flop or in the range of exa flop. This has opened the way of India having 100+ exaflop range computers in india like the tera flop computers we have right now. If our best will be a 138 exa flop, our other computers shall surely be of 1 exaflop range.
Delusional day wet dreaming at best

I give up on some indians. C-DAC's fastest supercomputer is capable of achieveing 1/2 a PFlop/s at peak (0.520 PFlop/s RPeak) and now some are claiming developing a 138 ExaFlop/s. Would it not be wiser to build the system and WOW the world then brag?

To achieve just 1 ExaFlop/s the current C-DAC system would need to be over 2000 times faster, and to achieve 138 ExaFlop/s you'd need to be 138 times faster then that. Or in other word C-DAC would need to develop a system thats roughly 276,000 times faster then the fastest system C-DAC has achieved so far!

Even a world leader in supercomputing Cray is having trouble developing a 1 ExaFlop/s system until the "Shasta" platform is developed around mid 2018.
Rss day dreamers

We believe in science, but they believe in Black Magic. If some of their top scientists could seriously claim Indian space flight 6000 years ago in Science Conference, why can't they claim they can beat Cray by 132 times, or break their own record by 276,000 times in one go?

We will see if India can deliver this time. Hope it is not like those hoax "projects" like "Maned Space Flight by 2015".

Other countries are struggling to come up with 1st 1 exaplops E-Class supercomputer in the world, but India has already been contemplating a 132.8 Exaflops supercomputer! It will be indeed a Super-Super-Supercomputer! Go, India, Go!
Dont worry about Indians you better concentrate on your own projects....

Back
Top Bottom